Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 05:42 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They shave more than their legs.
Body builders, swimmers, and cyclists have been doing that for ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 05:44 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
So, you feel that men who contribute to taking care of their own children is a bad thing? A man who pushes his own offspring around in a stroller is brow-beaten? Interesting.
No, I am not implying that the act of pushing a stroller is brow beating them. Brow beating is an entirely separate activity that is going on apart from the stroller. I see many submissive men nowadays that are completely controlled and domineered by their wives who run the household, and make all decisions for them.

I know many young guys who stayed at home with their domineering mothers into their late 20s and beyond. They don't even know how to cook for themselves or do their own laundry; they did not leave home until they met their wife, who picked up right where the guys' mothers left off.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
If you trim the shrubbery, the tree looks bigger. Just saying....

Old 10-09-2013, 05:47 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
i never mentioned subserviency [sic], you did. i don't consider empathy and caring subservient, seems you do. i also did not mention anything of roles, i am talking about personal behavior. you're subverting my point of view to some broader (and i think rather misinformed) context. so the only thing fallacious is your misinterpretation!

women have historically had a moral superiority vs men when it comes to behavior on an aggregate level.it is also true that women have historically had less responsibility. I'm not sure there is necessarily a great correlation between those two dynamics, perhaps there may be some, but you are greatly over-reaching with your obsession of female subserviency [sic]. it would seem you believe that women only behave less selfishly and more empathetically than men overall because society has restrained them. its a very condescending argument...
Your commentary here is either deliberately non-specific (almost to the point of obfuscation) or simply repeating previous points on a 'just so' basis without cogent or substantive arguments. The rest is irrelevant semantics.

If you're tired, I suggest you leave it overnight and PM me tomorrow when your head is fresh. Good night.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
No, I am not implying that the act of pushing a stroller is brow beating them. Brow beating is an entirely separate activity that is going on apart from the stroller. I see many submissive men nowadays that are completely controlled and domineered by their wives who run the household, and make all decisions for them.

I know many young guys who stayed at home with their domineering mothers into their late 20s and beyond. They don't even know how to cook for themselves or do their own laundry; they did not leave home until they met their wife, who picked up right where the guys' mothers left off.
....and I see some submissive wives who are completely controlled and dominated by their husbands who make all the decisions for them.
Neither one is good.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:51 PM

600 posts, read 659,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
Your commentary here is either deliberately non-specific (almost to the point of obfuscation) or simply repeating previous points on a 'just so' basis without cogent or substantive arguments. The rest is irrelevant semantics.

If you're tired, I suggest you leave it overnight and PM me tomorrow when your head is fresh. Good night.
nice non-respnse

next time just admit defeat before you spell check...

Old 10-09-2013, 05:53 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
nice non-respnse

next time just admit defeat before you spell check...
Well can you point to one substantive argument in your post?

You do understand what a substantive argument is, right?

Old 10-09-2013, 05:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
There is nothing sexier than a strong, masculine, protective man than knows how to take charge when needed.

I often feel as though I am surrounded by de-masculinized men when I see them in public being brow beaten by their over bearing wives while they cart around strollers full of children from the mini van. I really feel sorry for them.

a strong, masculine, protective man can and do cart strollers full of kids around. hard to really get a feel for who is being brow beat in a relationship from a 30 seconds as the family goes to the car from mall.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:16 PM

600 posts, read 659,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
Well can you point to one substantive argument in your post?

You do understand what a substantive argument is, right?
if my post had no substantive argument; then why did you bother to even respond, with a very wordy, rhetorically flourished retort no less

Old 10-09-2013, 06:17 PM

277 posts, read 401,495 times
Sorry for pointing out the blatantly obvious, but why did you bother posting a reply without substantial arguments in the first place?

Last edited by Grigoriachel; 10-09-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies