Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:38 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Hardcore republicans are being payed to use bots to flood the site so no one can use it they are trying to delay ACA at all cost and this is ther last resort. Voting on a clean CR or not does not effect ACA one bit flood the healthcare.gov is working only if it is little tiny bit
Oh, sure. That's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Heavy web traffic will cause problems, this is true with every single website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
If healthCare.gov is a train wreck, what do sane peple do when a train wreck happens?
They clear the wreckage, help the hurt, and fix the rails, assess and fix the problem and get on with rail transport.

When a train wreck happens, how many sane people throw up their hands and walk away? Leaving the wreckage, hurt, and saying train transport is over? I'll tell you who, the rubber-neckers. The lookey-loos. Not the first responders.

This "train wreck" was avoidable. The reality is that there is very little that the government does well, and for a narcissist like Obama -- who has been concerned with his "legacy" from the start -- to produce both a healthcare bill and a website like this is inexcusable. Anybody with any sense would have known that this website development job should not have gone out to the lowest bidder, but rather to the people that can deliver results.

The first-responders are weighing in, and they are saying "Who are the morons that thought this was a good idea?" One of Obama's many shortcomings is that he doesn't get two things:

1. Pride comes before a fall
2. Fate exacts a terrible price for hubris

A large dose of humility is needed before a "fix" can happen. Think that's coming from the WH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Hey, just imagine what the people who are still stuck with dial-up Internet are facing? They will never get on. I know, because we only recently (finally) got cable Internet. OMG, what a difference. We were not able to get onto many Web sites before (unless you wanted to wait an hour for them to load). Many wouldn't load at all. WordPress sites are notorious for not loading on dial-up.

This doesn't bode well for Obama and the Democrats who shoved this albatross down our throats. Thank God, not one Republican voted for this! They can't use this against us.

Lol.....I was just thinking this same thought about dial-up. I'm sitting on a fat pipe connection from CrimeWarner.....err, Time Warner (50mps down), and I have a small advertisement that I have framed in my office from 3Com, announcing their awesomely fast 28.8k modem!

There's no way this site even functions on dial-up.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yikes
Due to obamacare, my blue cross private insurance just notified me yesterday that my policy went from $360 a month to $699!
That doubles my cost to over $8,300 a year with a $3,500 deductible.

Are the exchanges way less expensive? It may be worth slogging through the hassle with these outrageous private insurance increases.
No. If your experience is like many others, it will be even MORE expensive!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
If healthCare.gov is a train wreck, what do sane peple do when a train wreck happens?
They clear the wreckage, help the hurt, and fix the rails, assess and fix the problem and get on with rail transport.

When a train wreck happens, how many sane people throw up their hands and walk away? Leaving the wreckage, hurt, and saying train transport is over? I'll tell you who, the rubber-neckers. The lookey-loos. Not the first responders.
Meaning what ... exactly?

I think you must be a OFA volunteer.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Dude I have seem the same thing happen to may sites this always happen to large sites when the first go online . The government needs get the heads out of there butts and get some real techs and top notch security then the site will be usable
No. You said:

Quote:
Hardcore republicans are being payed to use bots to flood the site so no one can use it they are trying to delay ACA at all cost and this is ther last resort. Voting on a clean CR or not does not effect ACA one bit flood the healthcare.gov is working only if it is little tiny bit
I then said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Please provide factual evidence to support your allegations.
This is not an answer to what I requested:

Quote:
Dude I have seem the same thing happen to may sites this always happen to large sites when the first go online . The government needs get the heads out of there butts and get some real techs and top notch security then the site will be usable
So again, when you say:

Quote:
Hardcore republicans are being payed to use bots to flood the site so no one can use it they are trying to delay ACA at all cost and this is ther last resort.
I would like respectable, documented evidence that your statement is true.

Last edited by Three Wolves In Snow; 10-09-2013 at 06:59 AM..

Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This "train wreck" was avoidable. The reality is that there is very little that the government does well, and for a narcissist like Obama -- who has been concerned with his "legacy" from the start -- to produce both a healthcare bill and a website like this is inexcusable. Anybody with any sense would have known that this website development job should not have gone out to the lowest bidder, but rather to the people that can deliver results.

The first-responders are weighing in, and they are saying "Who are the morons that thought this was a good idea?" One of Obama's many shortcomings is that he doesn't get two things:

1. Pride comes before a fall
2. Fate exacts a terrible price for hubris

A large dose of humility is needed before a "fix" can happen. Think that's coming from the WH?

Lol.....I was just thinking this same thought about dial-up. I'm sitting on a fat pipe connection from CrimeWarner.....err, Time Warner (50mps down), and I have a small advertisement that I have framed in my office from 3Com, announcing their awesomely fast 28.8k modem!

There's no way this site even functions on dial-up.

You proved my point. "this wreck was avoidable" and walk away. Most ,if not all train wercks, are aviodable but still happen. Fixers dont assess blame before they fix the problem.

Fix it, then assess blame.

keep walking away, we dont need your help.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
I would say this may explain some of the problems.. I know there also were many like me, that had no intention of signing, but went to the site early on to see how it worked. load testing obviously was deficient but I am sure will be worked out soon...

What Developers Can Learn from healthcare.gov - Forbes

Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
You proved my point. "this wreck was avoidable" and walk away. Most ,if not all train wercks, are aviodable but still happen. Fixers dont assess blame before they fix the problem.

Fix it, then assess blame.

keep walking away, we dont need your help.

Nobody is walking away. But the Obama administration needs to realize two things:

1. They absolutely suck at large-scale rollouts
2. They are too arrogant to recognize #1.

As the experts have said, this was never even beta tested. It would be different if they had 30 days to build a site -- I'm willing to cut them some slack. But this was years in the making. YEARS.

This is the kind of effort that makes people hate government. You, apparently, are a fan of "BigGov", and if you are, you need to own the fact that "BigGov" is not efficient, and often does a poor job. Sadly for Obama, he cannot "blame Bush" on this -- this abortion is entirely of his creation.

You should be outraged as a taxpayer that THIS is the best your government can do when it had billions of dollars and 3 years on its side. As I tell my own kids, "How you do anything is how you do everything".

Part of project management is hitting milestones along the way. This site performs like it was created by high school kids.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
I'm just glad the 20 and 30 something O voters are going to get royally rammed by the Obummer after his website gets 'fixed'.

Too bad, so sad.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,055,718 times
Quote:
Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

I immediately pictured you as one of these guys from the X Files.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies