Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why are rightwingers always and consistently so delusional? Sure, they're going to waltze into the capitol and bring out a few congressmen in handcuffs. Uh, huh. There isn't an emoticon on C-D that adequately expresses my sense of hilarity at that delusion. I bet if they get 10 truckers to show up, it will be a lot. And like the million motorcycle march that completely fizzled out, no one will even notice they were there. Hilarious.
You are 100% correct that it is delusional to think that this will result in handcuffed congressman etc...

Yet, something tells me you probably don't call OWS and G-8 summits and their members delusional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Sorry but from the articles and reports I've seen - there will be quite a few trucks there, followed by the motorcycles that are coming back and the vets - gonna be a great weekend!

All at the time they opened the shutdown mall just for an illegal alien rally.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:49 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
Truckers shut down DC twice in the 1970's - once in 1973 and again in 1979.

Truckers are the linchpin of the consumer civilization. You could shut down Washington forever and that wouldn't have the same impact as a sustained and effective trucker strike for a month or so.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:51 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are 100% correct that it is delusional to think that this will result in handcuffed congressman etc...

Yet, something tells me you probably don't call OWS and G-8 summits and their members delusional.
Have you read the article? These guys are planning on creating their own citizen grand juries to try the lawmakers themselves. Sorry, but when I see delusional, I call it delusional.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:54 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Have you read the article? These guys are planning on creating their own citizen grand juries to try the lawmakers themselves. Sorry, but when I see delusional, I call it delusional.
But if they want to arrest Ted Cruz, I for one would have no problem with that.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, why would they be protesting efficiency standards? It does not apply to commercial vehicles and RV's
I think it means low sulfur fuels which are hard on diesel engines and make repairs more often and more costly.

For them it';s like us using gasoline with ethanol in it, which is a rip off 3 ways.

it takes up 10% of the space for fuel in a tank of gas. It robs you of 10% power and so steals 105 of your MPG's which is economy and 4th you pay as if it were straight gasoline. So really 4 ways we get ripped off.

My 06 motorcycle has fuel injection, and no way to factory adjust the fuel mix. This is EPA BS. With aftermarket parts you can adjust the fuel system and give the engine more fuel to match air to fuel ratios.

Before all this BS by the Govt., it was customary to see a loss in economy to gain more power. But no more when you try to burn nothing and get power.

By the addition on many of these bikes 2 of mine and other riders i have worked for ALWAYS I get more power, a cleaner burning less strained engine and better MPG'S for giving the engine more and proper fuel mix. The friggin EPA is out of their alleged minds, or we have employed turkeys to run and create regs for the EPA.

I just can't wait for northnut to tell me I know nothing about engines and fuels.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If all truckers stopped driving it would take 3 days for the country to completely shut down
I can agree to that. If they just stopped where ever and didn't drive again for 3 weeks the feds would be broken for good. The sheep would have mostly died off for lack of food in stores. Before the sheep died off we would see just how Peaceful they really are

Ever middlin sized city and up in the USA would be in full blown riot dog eat dog all those libs ya know....

Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
This rally will fizzle out unless you have a lot of independent haulers who do stuff like haul hay and cattle around. To start out it counts on a lot of truckers being slightly crazy listening to garbage on the radio. Then there is the issue of wasting a day of pay. After that their is the bad publicity for any truck company that has a driver in their. It wont happen. This is a stunt.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:14 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
It might be a stunt this time.

But eventually, the printing will stop, and the total shutdown will play out.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
This rally will fizzle out unless you have a lot of independent haulers who do stuff like haul hay and cattle around. To start out it counts on a lot of truckers being slightly crazy listening to garbage on the radio. Then there is the issue of wasting a day of pay. After that their is the bad publicity for any truck company that has a driver in their. It wont happen. This is a stunt.
I fear you are right, and I am already disappointed. I was so looking forward to watching a bunch of truckers storm Congress, drag lawmakers out in chains and hold their citizen grand juries on the capitol steps. Do you think they would have convicted all those congress people? (Because of course, we know they would be fair and impartial jurists, just like the birthers before them.)

Sigh...now we will never know...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies