U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 10:19 PM

5,178 posts, read 4,321,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Why does the Left lie about the Republican party being on the wrong side of history?

The Republican party Abolished slavery
The Repulbican Party began as a progressive party. It turned more or less fully conservative (arguably) with Ronald Reagan.

Quote:
The Republican party Pass the 1964 Civil rights Act, which was passed on a similar bill they tried to pass in 1960 and 3 years before in 1957.
Moderate republicans made passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 possible. Along with liberal democrats.

Quote:
Mean while the left wants to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, reward illegal immigrates which amnesty and the ability to vote(I wonder which party they will choose), and paint anyone who stands in their way as "Racist" "Nazis" or "Domestic Terrorist"

Why does the Left lie about History, their will, and their intent? is it because no sane person would vote for them?(but then again that might be we they are importing 30,000,000 million illegals on top of 1.2,000,000 legal immigrated, to "Cast ballots Americans just are not willing to cast")

What is your take on this..
Agreed with your points about the left on history, and their efforts to destroy the constitution.

But one must not confuse political party with political philosophy. The democratic party began as the party of slaveholders. Things have changed for both parties over the years.

Last edited by chuckmann; 10-07-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 10-07-2013, 10:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
The Repulbican Party began as a progressive party. It turned more or less fully conservative (arguably) with Ronald Reagan.

Moderate republicans made passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Agreed with your points about the left on history, and their efforts to destroy the constitution.

But one must not confuse political party with political philosophy. The democratic party began as the party of slaveholders. Things have changed for both parties over the years.
The way the want to flood this nation with the 3rd world, use their power in the form of votes, to elect an iron clad majority , enact laws that would disarm us and enslave us under the ideology, one could say the little if anything has changed for the party of slaveholders.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:31 PM

5,178 posts, read 4,321,890 times
Quote:
The way the want to flood this nation with the 3rd world, use their power in the form of votes, to elect an iron clad majority , enact laws that would disarm us and enslave us under the ideology, one could say the little if anything has changed for the party of slaveholders.
Ah yes, the circle is almost complete. The Dems began as the party of slave owners, and unless things change they will once again be the party of slaveholders. Ironic, isnt it?

Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 PM

20,133 posts, read 17,854,833 times
Quote:
Ah yes, the circle is almost complete. The Dems began as the party of slave owners, and unless things change they will once again be the party of slaveholders. Ironic, isnt it?
The plantation is not a thing of the past. It is alive and well, in the form of the democrat party. Biden was right when he said "they're gonna lock yall back in chains". He just got a little mixed up about who's gonna be locking who up. Welfare check for a vote. That's the deal. And that's the most anyone's going to get from these awful shyster.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Yes it is, it is also funny that soo many blacks and Hispanics see them as the party of freedom, instead of the party of chains..

I mean how do you vote for a party that fought to enslave blacks if you are black, that is like a jew voting for a modern day Nazi party...

Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I should be flattered that you just created a cheap knock off of my original thread. Thank you.

Note, I never said the Republican party, but the "right wing" because unlike you, genius, I'm aware enough of American political history that the 1860s Republican party is vastly different from this one. You, apparently, don't. So don't speak about things you're not qualified to discuss. You look foolish.

Well, I suppose we'll have to abolish all laws, since only criminals break laws, right?
Be flattered and feel, we will think and win.

Funny what party is the right wing a part of? that is like me say I never said the democratic party yet targeted the left wing...I mean we all know we are talking about..

We are not different, we are returning to our principles after let the big government Neo Conservatives infect our party(Bush and sons, Dick Cheney, Chris Chirsty More Debt, More Government, Less Freedom, More Rules, then complain when the Dems do the same thing Republican party) over the last 40 years..

Hey the 5 year old you stolen that argument from wants it back.

Name a Civilian Disarmament oh i mean "Gun Control" law that has prevented a crime? or stopped one as it happened?

Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Because their narrative is usually just propaganda that serves a priviledged minority. They never seem to stand for the country as a whole. Also, I think a flaw in the conservative mindset is a fixation with tradition and the past. That is fine, even desirable to a degree, but such a view that all the right answers are already known makes them ill suited to leading into the future.

This is not always the case, because the left can certainly overreach. For example, the Reagan revolution had some basis. Taxes were high and government growth needed to be checked. However, he did not cut spending, and trickle down failed. But, conservatives have kept serving that same medicine to every possible problem for 30 years, and now those Reaganesque ideas are absurdly innappropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I know. I spent last Veterans Day supervising a pavilion that provided hair cuts for free to homeless vets. You know. You never really can't understand how important a simple haircut can be to a homeless person. We didn't regulate who came, so many who were not Vets got their haircut, too. There was a point we didn't care. It was enough to provide and support this service to those who needed it. There was a point where I had to struggle not to cry, because these people where so happy just to get a GD haircut which I just regard as a nuisance once month like stopping off at a gas station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
I agree, they only seem to see things through a narrow lens of their own status in life
Why do you always assume that change is always a good thing?

Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 PM

46,038 posts, read 32,556,759 times
Quote:
Most Democrats from the Southern states opposed the bill and led an unsuccessful 83-day filibuster, including Senators Albert Gore, Sr. (D-TN) and J. William Fulbright (D-AR), as well as Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, who personally filibustered for 14 hours straight.

Yes, anyone who knows anything about history knows about the Southern Democrats and how much they were against the Civil Rights. It is a shame you choose to ignore the fact that there were more Democrats that were in support of the Civil Rights, as well as a good number of Republicans. Robert Byrd was a conservative racist that went on to create a conservative third party after this, only later to admit that what he did in 1964 was in fact racist.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,132,695 times
I think the only time in my lifetime that the Right Wing has fought for workers' rights and protected them from something is to protect them from those evil labor unions.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:55 PM

35,936 posts, read 23,235,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, if a Christian conservative tried to use the federal government to push their religion, for example by making birth control pills and all abortions illegal under federal law, Constitutional Conservatives would oppose them.

I don't know of any Christian conservatives pushing to outlaw birth control pills or Constitutional conservatives who believe abortion is a right under the Constitution.

FTR, lots of people who are not Christian conservatives oppose at will abortion.

Gallup: More Americans Are Pro-Life than Pro-Choice | The Weekly Standard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.