Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,734,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Nobody ever said criminals obey the law, that's not the idea behind these laws
Ok then what are the idea behind these laws then? if they dont work and the idea is not to limit the rights and freedoms of law abiding citizens? or usurping their freedoms and rights? is it?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Where do your numbers come from?
main cost medication, incarceration, education, wage suppression, non payment of taxes, ect

Old 10-08-2013, 02:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,917,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
it is a well defined power of government to protect the nation, and to insure domestic tranquility. both the federal government has failed in large part to illegal immigration.

And spending 60 bill once, as oppose to 120 to 200 billion a year is a great deal..

I am for E verify as well we save money, stop illegal immigration (at least 98% of it) so sorry if you cant understand the value
You missed how we can fix the problem for far less and fix it without a wall and fix it for good, or did you simple ignore the real solution, you have a concrete company or something?
It would not be a one time expense, typical non-forward thinking.
I have no problem with e-verify other than it is a watse since a DL is all that should be needed, why ANOTHER government program? Don't assume.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,128,102 times
Quote:
main cost medication, incarceration, education, wage suppression, non payment of taxes, ect
So you are just making up random numbers and pretending they are real. That makes sense for the far right.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Where are you getting your data from? How are you coming to the conclusion that it's going to cost 60 billion to build and 50 million to man? Sources? Links? Evidence? Who will take on such a job?

The wall didn't work in Germany. The wall won't work in America. It's never going to happen so why are you so obsessed with me? And do NOT speak for the Veterans of the military. A lot of them (like myself) are making a living in other industries and facets of life. We do NOT want to go back to the military lifestyle that we chose to or were forced to leave, buddy.
how do you use moral relativism to compare the border fence to the Berlin wall?

Old 10-08-2013, 02:51 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,457,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why do conservatives tell the lie that today's Republican Party bares any resemblance to the party of Lincoln?
Why do liberals tell the lie that they are moderate? Moderate Democrats wanted low corporate taxes, wanted a secure border, wanted a strong military, wanted freedom of thought, wanted impartial judges, wanted to follow the constitution, wanted fiscal responsibility. Modern Democrats want none of that. They refuse to lower corporate taxes, want to enact comprehensive immigration reform without securing the border, want to cut the military, want to keep conserative speech off campuses and conservative radio off the air, want to pack courts with activist judges, consider the constitution a "living document", and refuse to lower any nonmilitary spending.
Quote:
Why do conservative lie about the Republican Party passing the Civil Rights Act of 1964? I've posted the actual vote on numerous occasions. Not only did more Democrats vote for the Civil Rights act than Republicans but when you control for region the percentage of Republicans who voted against the Civil Rights act was overwhelming.
"When you control for region"

In other words, when you manipulate the numbers to make Republicans look bad. Gotcha.
Quote:
Now that is indeed funny. Eviscerate the 2nd Amendment... too funny. Keeping guns out of the hands of mentally unstable, known felons, and limiting the sale and possession of weapons totally out of proportion to any threat that middle aged suburban white guys require for self-defense that is eviscerating the 2nd Amendment? Ya boy!
Yes, it is. According to the man who wrote the 2nd amendment it was put in to enable the citizens to defend themselves against the government. Not against muggers in Central Park.
Quote:
Reward or recognize facts on the ground? Thousands of people were brought to this country by their parents and have have grown up as Americans. Offering them a path to becoming legitimate citizens is not a reward it is a just recognition of reality.
It encourages more people to come into the country illegally.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:54 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,426,112 times
Quote:
Ok then what are the idea behind these laws then? if they dont work and the idea is not to limit the rights and freedoms of law abiding citizens? or usurping their freedoms and rights? is it?

Who said they don't work and how do they know that? There are people who obey the law. Like the guy who obeyed the law when he bought his semiautomatic rifle with a limited magazine even though he would have liked to buy a bigger one. A week later he goes beserk and goes to a mall firing his rifle but is stopped when he has to reload. If he hadn't had to reload he could have kept firing and more people would have been killed.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are just making up random numbers and pretending they are real. That makes sense for the far right.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cost...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

go nuts

Old 10-08-2013, 03:00 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,225,117 times
Quote:
how do you use moral relativism to compare the border fence to the Berlin wall?
See how absurd it is? Your little "wall" idea, with NO factual statistics, empirical data, financial source values or anything of that nature is even more so.

That's your bright idea of keeping out "dem illegals"? A wall? Really?

And here I thought you were capable of critical thinking. I guess not.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:01 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,801,361 times
Quote:
Why does the Left lie about the Republican party being on the wrong side of history?

The Republican party Abolished slavery

The Republican party Pass the 1964 Civil rights Act, which was passed on a similar bill they tried to pass in 1960 and 3 years before in 1957.

Mean while the left wants to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, reward illegal immigrates which amnesty and the ability to vote(I wonder which party they will choose), and paint anyone who stands in their way as "Racist" "Nazis" or "Domestic Terrorist"

Why does the Left lie about History, their will, and their intent? is it because no sane person would vote for them?(but then again that might be we they are importing 30,000,000 million illegals on top of 1.2,000,000 legal immigrated, to "Cast ballots Americans just are not willing to cast")

What is your take on this..

My take:

I'm sure this has been addressed via the thread but I know no one who denies that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican or that his party abolished slavery.

The CRA of '64 was signed off by a democrat so that is why Dems (if they are "lying" never heard of this) may say that it was "liberal" legislation. Many republicans did agree with the CRA though, the one in '64 and others.

that brings me to your own "lies" not many liberals want to "eviscerate the 2nd Amendment." I personally feel that is a conservative fear mongering talking point used by GOP elected officials and extremely conservative media figures and activist to make people afraid that their guns will be taken from them and evidently you fall for this line of fear mongering to make such a statement.

In regards to the illegal immigrants, not all liberals or democrats want amnesty to happen. This sounds again like you are believing some sort of conservative talking head. Also, Reagan gave illegal immigrants "amnesty" as well so I don't see how this is a liberal thing.

On the labeling "Nazi" "terrorist" "racist." Honesty, most Tea Party extremist conservatives label President Obama that more than the liberal media does so that one is pretty laughable.

FWIW, I'm not a liberal and they do have issues in regards to liberal ideology but none of the things you are railing against are negative aspects of liberals. I could name some and have over the years hear but won't in the thread as I don't want to get off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.