Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
If you represent Main Street America, then how come Far Right Tea Party approval ratings are in the basement? Oh, and keep on NOT compromising. It'll send you into oblivion that much faster, which is just fine with me.

First, I don't love liberalism. I don't even consider myself truly "liberal" anymore. (More centrist) People who "love" ideologies are weird and tend to be extremists (such as yourself, apparently)

Second, I stay in the U.S. because I actually like living here. All in all, it's a good country to live in despite its problems. I know, it's hard for a fascist to understand how one who doesn't share his ideology can "love" his country, but there you are. If you get out of your basement and get a life, you might understand what I'm talking about.
So compromise is a one way street? one side gives up everything and the other nothing?

I am not extremists, I am tried of having my rights and freedoms and propensity being stolen little by little..

How am I a fascist?

Old 10-08-2013, 06:48 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So compromise is a one way street? one side gives up everything and the other nothing?

I am not extremists, I am tried of having my rights and freedoms and propensity being stolen little by little..

How am I a fascist?
Who said compromise is a one way street? It's a two way street. Don't you even know the definition of the word???? Good God, I can't believe some of the people on this forum.

Clearly you think that because I'm not a far right tea party extremist, you don't think I'm fit to live in this country, to share this country with you--even though my family's been in this country for 150 years. Fascists/extremists tend to think the same way, regardless of what country it is. I don't say to conservatives "Why don't you leave". Because I'm comfortable with people from differing ideologies in this country.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Ok first off it is not a wall, OK it is a fence, a cost effective module fence and there are hundreds of factors that applies to cost, you want me to give you a clear cut cost, when you have not laid out the factors of construction...how can I give you an answer?
A cost effective modular fence? You are just stringing words together now. So is this a fence you are designing and hope to sell to the government? I would hope you would have crunched the numbers and could prove the costs by now. This isn't Simcity, kid.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:54 PM

138 posts, read 328,185 times
Quote:
Why does the Left lie about the Republican party being on the wrong side of history?

The Republican party Abolished slavery

The Republican party Pass the 1964 Civil rights Act, which was passed on a similar bill they tried to pass in 1960 and 3 years before in 1957.

Mean while the left wants to eviscerate the 2nd Amendment, reward illegal immigrates which amnesty and the ability to vote(I wonder which party they will choose), and paint anyone who stands in their way as "Racist" "Nazis" or "Domestic Terrorist"

Why does the Left lie about History, their will, and their intent? is it because no sane person would vote for them?(but then again that might be we they are importing 30,000,000 million illegals on top of 1.2,000,000 legal immigrated, to "Cast ballots Americans just are not willing to cast")

What is your take on this..
I always see this argument, but right wingers don't seem to understand the irony in it. Basically the Republican party of yesteryear switched moral obligations with the old Democratic backwardness. Now their roles are reversed, leaving the Democrats morally superior, and Republicans stupidly backward. It's really foolish to think that things don't change, that's what it seems Republicans believe. I'm not saying that the Left is the best thing to have ever touched American politics, but it is definitely the better of the two for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, I myself believe in ideals from both sides of the political spectrum.

I don't put myself under any politically related labels, rather, I just vote for and support those who share the same ideals as me. I'm not the type to defend someone at every turn and step. If you screw up, I'm going to criticize you. If you do good, I'm going to support you. Blindly following a political party is stupid, and tbh, I see it more with the right than I do the left. I'm not saying that the left doesn't have its psychos and over-the-top fans, because it does. Rather, what I'm saying is that I see it more frequently with the followers of the right.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A cost effective modular fence? You are just stringing words together now. So is this a fence you are designing and hope to sell to the government? I would hope you would have crunched the numbers and could prove the costs by now. This isn't Simcity, kid.
No you are just not asking the right questions

What do you want it to be made out of?

How tall?

Is weight an issue

Questions like that lead to a defined estimated cost.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
I always see this argument, but right wingers don't seem to understand the irony in it. Basically the Republican party of yesteryear switched moral obligations with the old Democratic backwardness. Now their roles are reversed, leaving the Democrats morally superior, and Republicans stupidly backward. It's really foolish to think that things don't change, that's what it seems Republicans believe. I'm not saying that the Left is the best thing to have ever touched American politics, but it is definitely the better of the two for a variety of reasons. Furthermore, I myself believe in ideals from both sides of the political spectrum.

I don't put myself under any politically related labels, rather, I just vote for and support those who share the same ideals as me. I'm not the type to defend someone at every turn and step. If you screw up, I'm going to criticize you. If you do good, I'm going to support you. Blindly following a political party is stupid, and tbh, I see it more with the right than I do the left. I'm not saying that the left doesn't have its psychos and over-the-top fans, because it does. Rather, what I'm saying is that I see it more frequently with the followers of the right.
Hey I hate many member's of my "ideology" as well.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Who said compromise is a one way street? It's a two way street. Don't you even know the definition of the word???? Good God, I can't believe some of the people on this forum.

Clearly you think that because I'm not a far right tea party extremist, you don't think I'm fit to live in this country, to share this country with you--even though my family's been in this country for 150 years. Fascists/extremists tend to think the same way, regardless of what country it is. I don't say to conservatives "Why don't you leave". Because I'm comfortable with people from differing ideologies in this country.
Mr. Obama has compromised plenty. He compromised health care and he compromised the stimulus. How many Republican votes did he win for those compromises? None. This illustrates who is unwilling to compromise.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:09 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Mr. Obama has compromised plenty. He compromised health care and he compromised the stimulus. How many Republican votes did he win for those compromises? None. This illustrates who is unwilling to compromise.
Exactly. Arguing with these people is really getting tiring. I mean, how do you argue with crazy people who are clearly delusional--with no bearing in reality? (sigh)

Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:

I was asking what it mean to you, of course I know what the word means, and what liberals think what it means.

I an not a Fascist, I am Constitutionalist.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
What has he compromised on health care and the stimulus? does that alter the fact they are not/did not work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies