U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM

49,199 posts, read 21,180,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Yeah I remember people saying this about the Chinese too, but the world didnt end. Nor did it end when Italians came in droves, nor Germans, nor Irish.
All those groups you mentioned mostly came here legally even though they were vilified at first. Our nation has changed and there isn't near the racism there was back then. Most Americans don't care about skin color or race today but we do care that immigrants of all races/ethnic groups/nationalities come here within our laws rather than violating our immigration laws to come here. Get it now?
Rate this post positively

Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM

4,280 posts, read 4,827,855 times
The left never gives up and will break any law possible to get their way. They will lie to the point that it is not lying to them because they fell the ends justify the means. It is sad to see our country being destroyed from the inside like this.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM

13,569 posts, read 9,764,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Azteca View Post
No State in the union is anywhere near a 3rd world country.

Detroit is a third world look alike, no other city/state is comparable really. California is 440 billion dollars in debt, Canada is 1.2 trillion dollars in debt. California has a larger economy. If California's a 3rd world state, then Canada is a 3rd world country. Your logic is astonishing.

Just admit it, you're afraid of brown people taking over.
Italians are brown, are they part of your supposition?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,857,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What people are stupid enough to think that a double-layered physical barrier won't deter illegal immigration? In the San Diego sector where it was erected it reduced illegal entry to a trickle. A physical barrier helps the BP immensely to do their jobs more efficiently.

Oh, the ole demonize conservatives card again. I know many Democrats that aren't stupid enough to think that a physical barrier of that nature won't deter illegal immigration. I am sick of the party bashing. Grow up!
The liberal train of thought is always, "We've tried nothing and surely nothing will ever work".
This only applies to things they don't really want to change, though.
If it's a "horrible, right wing program", then they come up with limitless "solutions".

Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,857,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Yeah I remember people saying this about the Chinese too, but the world didnt end. Nor did it end when Italians came in droves, nor Germans, nor Irish.
Italians, Germans, and Irish generally espouse the same ethics we do (or did).

Old 11-30-2013, 04:01 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,298,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
The liberal train of thought is always, "We've tried nothing and surely nothing will ever work".
This only applies to things they don't really want to change, though.
If it's a "horrible, right wing program", then they come up with limitless "solutions".
Well you are right, they do want things to change, from bad to worse, from prosperity to poverty, from independence to dependence, from liberty to tyranny, from armed and victories to disarmed and victims.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:28 PM

19,761 posts, read 11,145,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This thought occurred to me as I was listening to NPR on the way to work. I mean, from workers' rights, women's rights, in the early 20th century, to Social Security, Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Medicare, and now the Affordable Care Act, it seems like they always lose the battles over their implementation. And then they also lose in the court of public opinion. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Any thoughts on why the right never seems to win in the end?

For reference, this is the story I heard on Morning Edition: NPR Media Player

"Affordable Care Act", court of public opinion, Obama winning?

No.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 PM

10,180 posts, read 14,321,020 times
Living in NJ, it amazes me that just about once a month some Dem is getting busted for corruption.

Then again, they are the party for the people...

Old 11-30-2013, 09:26 PM

46,038 posts, read 32,463,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Living in NJ, it amazes me that just about once a month some Dem is getting busted for corruption.

New Jersey is a whole different animal in itself. Not the state I would look to when trying to make a generalized statement about Democrats.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:07 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,298,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

I am shocked its only once a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.