Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
Lots of great things have happened in those years. Which parts do you dislike?
One word: Solvency. That's my problem with any program this government puts together.

What's your plan for affording all these Big Government Programs? Seeing that we're $16 Trillion in debt, i'd assume you have a plan in mind, right?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM

82 posts, read 48,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
One word: Solvency. That's my problem with any program this government puts together.

What's your plan for affording all these Big Government Programs? Seeing that we're $16 Trillion in debt, i'd assume you have a plan in place, right?
Women's rights and civil rights are not solvent?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
One of the issues that I have with conservatism is when they start talking about "tradition" and the way things used to be. The thing is that you can point to any time in the history of this country and it was never all that bad if you were a heterosexual, white, Christian, male. But there have been plenty of times in the past (even now) when it's really sucked if you didn't hit on each of those definitions. Not surprisingly conservatives usually tend to be heterosexual, white males who claim to support Christian values.

And yes, I know that there are PLENTY of conservatives who don't fit that description, but I think you're kidding yourself if you don't picture a white man when you think of a conservative.
What's your problem with conservative white males? I dare you to lay it out for us.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
You do realize it was southern dems who were against civil rights and it was the partyof lincoln (reps) who was against slavery.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:03 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,171,366 times
This thread is off-base. The left end of the political spectrum owns Cuban Communism, Hugo Chavez's human rights violations, Vietnamese Communism and it's litany of human rights and journalistic abuses, Soviet Communism, and Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge. All of the people responsible for these murderous atrocities did so in the name of preserving and attaining an ideological unicorn that has never nor will never exist...and that "unicorn" lives at the far-depths of left wing of political ideology.

That being said, I'm not going to get on here and say that my end of the political spectrum has always been in the right (no pun intended.) The GOP is responsible for tons of bad policy decisions, but opposition to the ACA certainly isn't one of them. As I've said in many other threads, the ACA and it's implementation is sorta like giving someone a lower back massage to remedy a malignant brain tumor. Sure the massage may alleviate some of the pain but it doesn't address the real problem. ACA doesn't address cost which is the real issue with healthcare in this country.....not the number of uninsured.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapheap View Post
Women's rights and civil rights are not solvent?
Blah blah blah. Deflection and disingenuousness noted.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM

82 posts, read 48,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Blah blah blah. Deflection and disingenuousness noted.
Thats what we are talking about. You said those are not solvent.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:06 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This thought occurred to me as I was listening to NPR on the way to work. I mean, from workers' rights, women's rights, in the early 20th century, to Social Security, Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Medicare, and now the Affordable Care Act, it seems like they always lose the battles over their implementation. And then they also lose in the court of public opinion. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Any thoughts on why the right never seems to win in the end?

For reference, this is the story I heard on Morning Edition: NPR Media Player
As long as you choose to wallow in ignorance, you can rewrite anything eh, but can you ignore the left-wing's Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc....

Old 10-07-2013, 05:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
This thought occurred to me as I was listening to NPR on the way to work. I mean, from workers' rights, women's rights, in the early 20th century, to Social Security, Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Medicare, and now the Affordable Care Act, it seems like they always lose the battles over their implementation. And then they also lose in the court of public opinion. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Once again, you have everything exactly backwards. It's the ignorant left that is always on the wrong side of everything. If Democrats were intelligent, they wouldn't be democrats... NPR, really?....
It's kinda like "Crazy people don't know they're crazy"
Sorry to be the one to break it to you....

Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:

Who left our men to die in Benghazi?

Who let guns way into mexico and the cartel only to be used to murder American law enforment officers like Brian Terry?

Also the dems were again civil rights, they blocked the same bill back in 1957, 1959, and 1960...so yeah wrong again..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies