Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 10:57 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, anyone who knows anything about history knows about the Southern Democrats and how much they were against the Civil Rights. It is a shame you choose to ignore the fact that there were more Democrats that were in support of the Civil Rights, as well as a good number of Republicans. Robert Byrd was a conservative racist that went on to create a conservative third party after this, only later to admit that what he did in 1964 was in fact racist.
it does not alter the fact he was a democrat, and the party has a massive history will racism and the Klan....and yet paint the right as the bad guys, its ok if I had a horrific, blood soked past of the Democatic party I would rewrite history as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
it does not alter the fact he was a democrat, and the party has a massive history will racism and the Klan....and yet paint the right as the bad guys, its ok if I had a horrific, blood soked past of the Democatic party I would rewrite history as well.
The modern democrat party is STILL the same racist party. They believe AA's are inferior, and require the government's help at every turn. They believe AA's simple can't compete with other races, which is why they promote affirmative action, preferential hiring practices for minorities, etc. And if that doesn't do the trick, then they should be given a wealth transfer, preferably from Caucasians.

And it's pretty hard to ignore the liberal genocide that's well underway. Planned parenthood is nothing more than a systematic slaughter of minority fetuses. AA's aren't even reproducing at replacement levels because of the liberal agenda.

New age, same party, same bigoted philosophy.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's not really surprising. By definition, Conservatives resist social progress, which means resisting emerging and evolving knowledge of the world around them. They can't help but side against any new ideas that expands rights and privileges to those that didn't have them yesterday.
Freeing the slaves is a kind of a big one to miss! Lincoln was a Republican, Republicans freed the slaves.

Don't forget the Republican Party itself was actually a marriage of the Whigs & the anti-slavery wing of the Democratic party who broke away from the Democratic pro-slavery platform.

You also missed being against the KKK. Yes the KKK was founded during the Reconstruction as a backlash. They were essentially insurgents against the Republican led Union/North. They went around killing Blacks & White Republicans. Wanna guess what party these White Southerners supported?

I've never voted Republican in my life, but the OP & your posts are ignorant.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The modern democrat party is STILL the same racist party. They believe AA's are inferior, and require the government's help at every turn. They believe AA's simple can't compete with other races, which is why they promote affirmative action, preferential hiring practices for minorities, etc. And if that doesn't do the trick, then they should be given a wealth transfer, preferably from Caucasians.

And it's pretty hard to ignore the liberal genocide that's well underway. Planned parenthood is nothing more than a systematic slaughter of minority fetuses. AA's aren't even reproducing at replacement levels because of the liberal agenda.

Well that is a generalization and basically a lie. But you keep believe it if it makes you feel superior.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, which is what I expect out of you. Maybe if you would have paid attention in history, you might of learned something rather than assumed you knew the answer before hearing the facts.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

if you take a race based map of every major city and over lay it with a map of planned parenthood they really line up with the black/Hispanic areas.

Dont believe me try it using Google map for Planned parenthood

and for race use this map.

Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Then you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, which is what I expect out of you. Maybe if you would have paid attention in history, you might of learned something rather than assumed you knew the answer before hearing the facts.
Of course I don't,, thank god there is not a search engine like Google in existence..oh wait. john c. lester was democrat and he was the guy who founded the Klan, also the KKK used funds and man power to elect Follow Democrats to office..

its ok maybe you can learn history instead of the indoctrination you learned in public school.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Well that is a generalization and basically a lie. But you keep believe it if it makes you feel superior.
Quote:
if you take a race based map of every major city and over lay it with a map of planned parenthood they really line up with the black/Hispanic areas.

Dont believe me try it using Google map for Planned parenthood

and for race use this map.

Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com
Dont believe me? try it out..

Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default It's simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
This thought occurred to me as I was listening to NPR on the way to work. I mean, from workers' rights, women's rights, in the early 20th century, to Social Security, Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Medicare, and now the Affordable Care Act, it seems like they always lose the battles over their implementation. And then they also lose in the court of public opinion. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Any thoughts on why the right never seems to win in the end?

For reference, this is the story I heard on Morning Edition: NPR Media Player
Bigots will always be on the bottom, and approach problems from the bottom.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:01 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Of course I don't,, thank god there is not a search engine like Google in existence..oh wait. john c. lester was democrat and he was the guy who founded the Klan, also the KKK used funds and man power to elect Follow Democrats to office..

its ok maybe you can learn history instead of the indoctrination you learned in public school.
Amazing, isnt it? Maybe the problem is that your critics are the product of liberal controlled public schools, and cant read at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies