Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:03 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Zimmerman is hispanic. Why are you demonizing hispanics? An intense hatred of them maybe deeply instilled inside you? Is this something like the gay politician coming out strongly for pro-gay positions?
forget zimmerman, im talking in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 12:09 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
The general message I'm hearing is that anytime a white person disagrees with someone that is black they are doing so out of racism. That's um.....pretty racist.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Who and what makes up the Homecoming Committee at this school?

Clearer (and supposedly MATURE) heads prevailed and this idea has been scratched. But come on!

Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
no. video said the homecoming court agreed to have trayvon martin day, but changed there mind after people didnt started to complain.

which is code for white parents got upset and pressured the kids into changing the day into something else.

they were going to have trayvon martin day until the white parents ruined it.
While I certainly do NOT believe that Trayvon Martin deserved to die - nor do I think he's an angel or positive role model of any kind for other teen-agers to emulate. Doesn't matter what color he is to me.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:14 PM

i still dont understand how trayvon martin day is bad.

we know zimmerman racially profiled and murdered trayvon. spend the day talking about how racially profiling doesnt work and is deadly.

talk about the blacks getting frisked in nyc for just walking on the street and how conservatives are fine with it, even though its a violation of the 4th amendment.

talk about the nc cop who gunned down ferrell for asking him for help. the cop racially profiled and shot him 10 times when none of the other officers fired.

there are many serious and positive discussions that could be had regarding racial profiling and how it doesnt work.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
they were going to have trayvon martin day until the white parents ruined it.
Do you also feel that police ruin it when they break up a riot?

Seriously, why would you want kids celebrating a thug? Martin was kicked out of school, again, and he had stolen property on him. He posts on Facebook about wanting to beat up the bus driver and he showed a bit of interest in getting a gun (I'm guessing it wasn't how to apply for a license). He was a punk, and you think it's a good idea for him to be idolized because he made a stupid mistake that got himself killed?

We can either blame "the system" for the high rate of black incarceration, low employment, high dropout rates and single parent homes, or we can point out that the black community frowns upon changing that and is actively steering its youth down a dead end.

I guess that blaming "the system" is social justice while addressing the problem is racism.

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Well, the young people made the decision to put change the day to something less controversial. So what is the big deal? It is a good learning experience for them.

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Right, the hispanic isn't important. Screw em all eh?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Seriously, why would you want kids celebrating a thug? Martin was kicked out of school, again, and he had stolen property on him. He posts on Facebook about wanting to beat up the bus driver and he showed a bit of interest in getting a gun (I'm guessing it wasn't how to apply for a license). He was a punk, and you think it's a good idea for him to be idolized because he made a stupid mistake that got himself killed?

We can either blame "the system" for the high rate of black incarceration, low employment, high dropout rates and single parent homes, or we can point out that the black community frowns upon changing that and is actively steering its youth down a dead end.

I guess that blaming "the system" is social justice while addressing the problem is racism.
so because he was a a bad guy in your opinion he deserved to be gunned down by zimmie?

what your basically saying is your glad zimmerman put him down before he became a menace to society.

what your basically saying is that trayvon had it coming and deserved to die.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:33 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Very well stated.

Too many excuses for violent behavior! Years of government polices resulted in lower and lower standards so that we now have innocent people murdered by Martin type thugs. What would the result be if we all stood up for our neighbors when intruders are present? Our streets and homes would be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies