Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:21 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,008,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So what? That is all you have to say? That iAgain the respect you give WWII vets?? The shutdown is a joke just like the sequester. Our grand leader is doing everything is his power to TRY and make folks feel pain when he doesn't have to. It's pathetic and so is your attituded towards WWII veterans. They deserve the utmost respect. Is that why you don't respect WWII vets because you think the black vets got a bad shake? Are you thinking Obama is "sticking it to em" now and laughing or something?
I respect WW2 vets the same way I respect any vet from any other war. Not more, and not less.

Again, the shutdown should affect everyone, including veterans. And that includes WW2 Vets. And if Obama is screwing vets, the black ones get screwed too. As they should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 12:19 AM

26,817 posts, read 15,047,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
i appreciate veterans, but they are not a protected class.

The current Administration is demonstrating that in every way they can.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 AM

24,488 posts, read 40,994,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The current Administration is demonstrating that in every way they can.
Glad they're doing something right.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 AM

383 posts, read 638,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This kind of entitlement is sickening. Veterans are not special people. When I was deployed, I certainly didn't have this expectation that I was better than a doctor of firefighter saving lives at home or even better than a social worker making sure that children had families. It's the worst of my fellow veterans that have this sickening level of entitlement. It actually degrades them even after they've served for this nation.

We serve because we're proud. That's where it ends.
I agree that they serve because they are proud. But how dare you tell me when my husband was flying a 46 during Desert storm and I was raising a 2 year old kid that I wasn't a bit worried if my husband landed. There is no way you are a veteran and if you are, my apologizes, but I have a feeling you were pushing paper. My husband is a former Marine. What was your job?

My husband does not have a self entitlement. He's a top engineer for Northrop, and his buddy who also flew is doing just fine.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:25 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,465,974 times
But it Cons who are attacking vets.

An estimated 170,000 of those 900,000 veterans could be affected by the two provisions of the House proposal that would place food assistance for jobless workers at risk.

Cuts in House Leadership SNAP Proposal Would Affect Millions of Low-Income Americans — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

RWwers have been pissing on our troops for years.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:52 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,985,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom lives View Post
Bill Maher is typical of what the leftwing progressives really think of our men and women in uniform...

Bill Maher disparaged World War II veterans and members of the "greatest generation" on Friday, saying the heroes who fought to preserve the freedoms that he enjoys were dumb.

Bill Maher Mocks World War II Vets: Greatest Generation Not 'Brightest Generation'
Breitbart news is an inaccurate biased right wing rag, and this article is not worth the time it takes to read it.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:56 AM

27 posts, read 18,450 times
Quote:
Breitbart news is an inaccurate biased right wing rag, and this article is not worth the time it takes to read it
The truth always hurts!

Old 10-10-2013, 04:03 AM

27 posts, read 18,450 times
Quote:
Again, the shutdown should affect everyone, including veterans.
So are you saying that's it fine to barricade WW2 vets, but allow illegal aliens privilege.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:21 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,112,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maher is absolutely correct on the issue.
Good grief.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I respect WW2 vets the same way I respect any vet from any other war. Not more, and not less.

Again, the shutdown should affect everyone, including veterans. And that includes WW2 Vets. And if Obama is screwing vets, the black ones get screwed too. As they should be.
Is this always about Black and White with you, how about Americans who have done their job and deserve to go to a memorial, without all the BS include. Give us a break you actually think cutting military benefits, closing memorial sites is not a cruel way to cut their major spending. This is all the governments fault and the only ones paying at the time is disabled vets and old vets.

You will hopefully make it to "old age" and I do hope you see the BS you followed, hopefully it won't effect your life any.....don't hold your breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies