Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,876,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Dems do not control the Congress, and even if they did, it wouldn't matter because the point of my post was to correct your uneducated belief about the presidents having the power of the purse.
We arent talking about currently.. Try to follow the thread.. I know its tough, I mean we use some big words...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 06:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,047,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
All I see are partisan lies used to deflect valid points.

I mean seriously. The President shut down White House tours because of the sequester, yet spent $1m of our dollars the next week to play golf with Tiger Woods.

Fast forward a year.

Obama closes down EVERY monument, even the open air monuments that never require closing, because of the government shut down. He kept heroes from visiting THIER monument that was paid for with private donations. Yet, they opened the Mall today for a massive Illegal Immigration Rally. Now we find out they've even kept the Senate gym open. I guess that Gym is essential to the government.

WTF!!!

If you can only call out one side for how our government is being managed poorly, then you're drunk on the koolaid.

I don't call out one side of the govt for being managed poorly. Washington...all of it, is to blame for this nonsense.

My point is, and nobody seems to like to labor on it, is the OPs quote is an edited out of context lie.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't call out one side of the govt for being managed poorly. Washington...all of it, is to blame for this nonsense.

My point is, and nobody seems to like to labor on it, is the OPs quote is an edited out of context lie.
No its not.. but typical carterstamp, pretending to be on "both sides", while outright defending the stupid statements made by the President.. Who you trying to kid?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:27 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We arent talking about currently.. Try to follow the thread.. I know its tough, I mean we use some big words...
I dont' see any big words in your post. All I see is deep confusion about how our government works.

Quote:
pghquest: So Obama, when will YOU pay the nations bills, and not just keep piling them up?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,503,614 times
According to the Bots, it's Congress that wants to loot the treasury to send the money to the leeches, not Obama.

Funny how it didn't happen until the Looter in Chief became the Looter in Chief, isn't it?

How does someone get so brainwashed they are willing to parrot??

Old 10-09-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I dont' see any big words in your post. All I see is deep confusion about how our government works.
Obama is indeed ultimately responsible for the nation, thats why you run around waa waaang about Bush every single day of your life.. And you know it..

Pretending to be dumb, doesnt suit you...

Old 10-09-2013, 07:00 AM

76,946 posts, read 47,265,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama is indeed ultimately responsible for the nation, thats why you run around waa waaang about Bush every single day of your life.. And you know it..

Pretending to be dumb, doesnt suit you...
I am just showing your own words to you. You obviously think the President has the power of the purse.

I am not making this up, but since you refuse to accept facts as facts, there is nothing more to say.

Stay ignorant if you must.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I am just showing your own words to you. You obviously think the President has the power of the purse.

I am not making this up, but since you refuse to accept facts as facts, there is nothing more to say.

Stay ignorant if you must.
I never said the President has the power of the purse, but to deny that the Presidents job is to oversee bills going through Congress to get them on his desk so he can sign them is complete stupidity..

Why do you run around blaming Bush then non stop if now presidents hold no blame? In the same sense I never said Bush wasnt responsible for deficits, I am now questioning why you're a hypocrite running about blaming Bush for everything, but now pretending Obama is so dam incompetent that he cant do is #1 job responsibility.

Do you believe Obama is THAT bad, that he cant do his job?

Presidents job description:
The Constitution assigns the president two roles: chief executive of the federal government and Commander in Chief of the armed forces. As Commander in Chief, the president has the authority to send troops into combat, and is the only one who can decide whether to use nuclear weapons.

The President’s Job | Scholastic.com

Thats like 2nd grade stuff.. Did you drop out of school after kindergarden?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:
This is not an Obama thread, but your claim is false. Bush added 6 trillion, and Obama has added 3.
hypocrite

how can Bush add 6 trillion, and Obama add 3, if neither one is responsible for the purse? Ooh I get it.. you flip flopped again...

Old 10-09-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
ooh look, more hypocracy
Quote:
If you look at the charts you know what I mean. It did not begin to skyrocket until Reaganomics went into effect. And after him every president has increased the debt, but so far Reagan is the only one who spend three times as much as all presidents before him combined. Bush is a good #2 spending twice as much as all before him combined.
Got it, Reagan, responsible for the debt, Bush responsible for the debt.. Obama, nope.. he's not responsible...

Ok, you've lowered your standards after seeing Obama unable to do his job.. I understand, we all share that concern..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies