Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 11:09 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times

Advertisements

Loafing is a man's free choice; charity is yours. A parasite, on the other hand, is a person who demands -- and what is more, who believes -- that others must provide for him what he cannot provide, or chooses not to provide, for himself.

People of fewer scruples now had the power to "vote themselves money" that is, to exploit the naive sympathy or noble sentiments of an entire community. So the modern parasite engenders a mass political movement for parasitism, citing the material abundance around him as evidence of injustice (unfairness). And just as the traditional, "private" parasite requires a rationalization for his behavior, consisting of excuses for his inactivity and sophistries to support his claim on the efforts of others, so the new, mass-movement parasite.

To plunder is to take by force what belongs to another man, and to do so knowingly. To anticipate slightly, we might contrast the traditional tyrant with the parasitocrat by observing that the former declares to his subjects, in effect, "You built that, and now I'm taking it," while the latter says, literally, "You didn't build that."

Articles: Parasitocracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times
Sounds like everyone on welfare.

Sounds like LSD's.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:16 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,734,011 times
Another parasite thread? And you have never depended upon anyone, ever? Give me a break.

There are certainly some who are annoyingly parasitc (hippy panhandlers), and exceedingly annoying. But to try to tar the anyone without far right leanings as being like this is exactly why the GOP is bleeding members faster than Dick Cheney's hunting partners.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Another parasite thread? And you have never depended upon anyone, ever? Give me a break.
Yea, when I was a child.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,084,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post

There are certainly some who are annoyingly parasitc (hippy panhandlers), and exceedingly annoying. But to try to tar the anyone without far right leanings as being like this is exactly why the GOP is bleeding members faster than Dick Cheney's hunting partners.
A "hippy panhandler" is the best you can come up with in identifying the "annoyingly parasitic?" A request for the change in your pocket annoys you more than a demand by the government to redistribute your wealth through transfer payments?

There are a lot of lost folks in this world. Judging from your post, you might well rank as one of them.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:16 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,904,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Loafing is a man's free choice; charity is yours. A parasite, on the other hand, is a person who demands -- and what is more, who believes -- that others must provide for him what he cannot provide, or chooses not to provide, for himself.

People of fewer scruples now had the power to "vote themselves money" that is, to exploit the naive sympathy or noble sentiments of an entire community. So the modern parasite engenders a mass political movement for parasitism, citing the material abundance around him as evidence of injustice (unfairness). And just as the traditional, "private" parasite requires a rationalization for his behavior, consisting of excuses for his inactivity and sophistries to support his claim on the efforts of others, so the new, mass-movement parasite.

To plunder is to take by force what belongs to another man, and to do so knowingly. To anticipate slightly, we might contrast the traditional tyrant with the parasitocrat by observing that the former declares to his subjects, in effect, "You built that, and now I'm taking it," while the latter says, literally, "You didn't build that."

Articles: Parasitocracy
The really sad part is you actually believe that nonesense, don't ya. Psssst, it was just an excuse made up by your handlers to explain away the losses in the last elections, you are not really supposed to believe it to be the truth

Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,399,901 times
I believe in being self-sufficient. That is, I seek all hand-outs myself.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,875,847 times
i am not a rich white male and i don't like republicans but i also don't like welfare abusers.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,730,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Valid points. But lets not pretend that Democrats don't have a vested interest in keeping a critical mass of poor, uneducated, and other "victims" on the plantation to ensure the vote in their column. When can we expect you to address this fact with as much veracity that you attack successful business owners and Republicans?
Bingo, the Dems need a massive underclass to get elected and stay elected.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
You can weed out parasites, but you cannot allow socipaths to run the government. The Tepublican Taliban must go! The real parasites are the corporate puppet masters that have the representaives by the short hairs, funneling/trickling wealth up to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies