Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:53 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It was tested. Extensively. But there is no way to test the widescale rollout.

Since July I've been dealing with an incident tracking system (Remedy) rollout at the Fortune 500 company where I work (you've heard of it), converting the program to web interface. Plagued with problems. It was tested for many months, but there was, and I will repeat here for those like yourself who have so much trouble comprehending what you're criticizing - No. Way. To. Beta. Test. The. Rollout.

You can't beta test a rollout to 10,000 employees where I work. And you can't beta test a rollout to tens of millions of Americans. The real world, as opposed to the world you imagine, does not work that way.
Prove it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:58 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
But wait a minute. Weren't they idiots for pushing the ACA anyway? Why do you care if the website doesn't work? Don't you want the whole thing to fail anyway? #confused

You should be jumping with glee that it isn't working. Instead you're complaining. I don't get it.
Essentially, the takeaway here is that if you build websites, and want a government contract, go out and get 11 other guys, and set them up with some computers in your garage --

Trust me - Nothing smacks of screaming success more than running your web development business out of your garage

Old 10-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Essentially, the takeaway here is that if you build websites, and want a government contract, go out and get 11 other guys, and set them up with some computers in your garage --

Trust me - Nothing smacks of screaming success more than running your web development business out of your garage
You forgot the cool blog step. Essential for any multi-million dollar Obama contract.

It would be funny, but it's hard to laugh when millions face fines and problems because our government forces a mandate and then puts some guys with a cool blog in charge of the website for that mandate.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You forgot the cool blog step. Essential for any multi-million dollar Obama contract.
That's right, thanks for reminding me

And don't forget to go out and get one of those free stylish wordpress blogs while you're at it - It's free and takes about 5 minutes to set up

You'll be rolling in the dough in no time ... guaranteed

Old 10-12-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

It would be funny, but it's hard to laugh when millions face fines and problems because our government forces a mandate and then puts some guys with a cool blog in charge of the website for that mandate.
It's only a 2.5% tax increase across the board (if you don't buy insurance) most of which will end up going to fight some foreign war or support some nefarious terrorist organization anyway ... The people that really need this insurance still can't afford it, so I'm not seeing what the problem is.

A Tax Hike by any other name is still just that - A Tax Hike

Old 10-12-2013, 09:28 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,049 times
Sorry to rain on your parade even though the gubbermint site is still messed up Ehealthinsurance has posted the numbers from the gubbermint. So if you want to jump out of your Medicare, Tricare, or VA coverage you are free to apply for coverage at Ehealth. Most of you probably knew thought that this will cost you about 10 times as much as you are currently paying but since you think its a freebie go ahead and apply.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:32 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
It was tested. Extensively. But there is no way to test the widescale rollout.
Total BS.

It's called Load Testing. Look it up.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Sorry to rain on your parade even though the gubbermint site is still messed up Ehealthinsurance has posted the numbers from the gubbermint. So if you want to jump out of your Medicare, Tricare, or VA coverage you are free to apply for coverage at Ehealth. Most of you probably knew thought that this will cost you about 10 times as much as you are currently paying but since you think its a freebie go ahead and apply.
Having seen enough posts of yours, I've decided that you truly don't know how to spell it, so I'm going to help you out.

It's government. You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies