Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The difference of course being Hewlett and Packard wasnt being paid hundreds of million by the government to build something that doesnt work..
.....Exactly! And they didn't have to develop something that millions of people would attempt to access. Sometimes good things come out of garages. And sometimes, they don't.

You would think that the Obama Administration would be bright enough to ensure that whatever company was going to work on this site would have been thoroughly vetted to ensure a smooth transition for Day 1.

Yeah, I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I would expect them to choose based on a company's history of results. Shocking concept, I know.

My husband is a software developer, I know the culture.

12 guys in a garage chosen for having a good liberal blog is an absurd way to choose the future of healthcare in our country.
I guess I still don't understand your problem. You effin hate Obamacare. The fact that the website hasn't been 110% ought to fill you with irrational exuberance. Find something else to b**ch about.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I guess I still don't understand your problem. You effin hate Obamacare. The fact that the website hasn't been 110% ought to fill you with irrational exuberance. Find something else to b**ch about.
Poor baby, doesnt want to be reminded how the most technologically advance President ever, put out a complete pos website that doesnt work, and cost over 1/2 a BILLION dollars...

Old 10-09-2013, 12:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
"healthcare.gov was Created In a Garage, and Even the Developers Can't Get through It to Buy Insurance"

I knew Microsoft had to be at the bottom of this!

http://www.microsoft.com/government/...-exchange.aspx

Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The website hasn't even been 10%.

The decision making for this project is instructive for people to know. Choose a president based on a cool website, and you get a president who throws hundreds of millions of dollars at people because of a cool blog.

And then is too dumb to understand why nothing works.

If you don't like this thread, you are free to leave.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because nothing workable can be created in a garage, eh?

Don't believe it?

Look into Bill Hewlett's and Dave Packard's little garage creation
The issue is that they necessarily lack the rigor to properly execute a project of this scale. Do you honestly think they employed proper software engineering principles with only 12 people for this size of project? If they did, that's impressive but I am a bit doubtful.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:41 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The Obama administration turned over half of the healthcare.gov site to a startup working out a garage. So apparently the joke about liberals being in the their mom's basement in their underwear is not true. They are actually in the garage.

The startup developed the front end. A large Canadian company developed the back end. That's part of the problem, the two sections don't "talk" to each other well.

Development Seed still has 100 hours on their contract, but no one has even contacted them to ask for help fixing the site. The president of DS is frustrated, even he can't get through the website to buy insurance.

So how did the Obama administration find this small start up company in their garage? And Obama official saw their blog, liked it, and decided to give them the contract.

HealthCare.Gov was originally built in a garage
Ok. So why did this president go out of the country to hire these goofs when so many Americans need the work? Outsource king he be.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Poor baby, doesnt want to be reminded how the most technologically advance President ever, put out a complete pos website that doesnt work, and cost over 1/2 a BILLION dollars...
I would be ROFL if it were not so damn sad.......

Old 10-09-2013, 12:47 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
The CEO of ehealthinsurance said he offered to put up the exchanges on his website for free. Guess he didn't have a cool blog, so we decided to throw away hundreds of millions on a non-working site instead.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
I just heard it cost $634 MILLION to develop..
it was supposed to cost 90 million...is costing 630 million so far...and still doesnt work properly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies