Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 PM

624 posts, read 939,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes and the sequester was all their fault, and the last debt ceiling madness on and on. NOTHING is ever the fault of the leader of this country in the eyes of his koolaid drinkers. It's just beyond insane anymore.
I said I blame everybody in Congress and the WH for where we are now. Not excluding Obama. I'm disgusted with him, too.

But as I also said, the TP started it. The President, the Senate, the Dems and moderate Repubs in the House wouldn't have been involved if the situation never existed.

I got an email today urging Dems and Libs to re-register as Republicans, to help weed out TP candidates in the next round of primaries. Not a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
TP is doing what they were elected to do something democrats can't imagine.............holding up on their campaign promises.

"I got an email today urging Dems and Libs to re-register as Republicans, to help weed out TP candidates in the next round of primaries. Not a bad idea."

Yes lying and cheating come hand in hand with democrats. Not like it would be the first time they tried to get folks to do crap like this. Just amazing how you think it's a "great idea" to vote out folks who follow their campaign promises and then go in cahoots with the liars and cheats. Oh well so go liberals.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Also, military workers are essentially government workers. Since conservatives hate government so much, I think it's hypocritical of them to suddenly act so concerned about military benefits.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:35 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,884,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
I said I blame everybody in Congress and the WH for where we are now. Not excluding Obama. I'm disgusted with him, too.

But as I also said, the TP started it. The President, the Senate, the Dems and moderate Repubs in the House wouldn't have been involved if the situation never existed.

I got an email today urging Dems and Libs to re-register as Republicans, to help weed out TP candidates in the next round of primaries. Not a bad idea.
Started "it"? Started WHAT? Doing their job as elected representatives? NOt allowing a law that was passed to be CHANGED by ONE branch of government? The Executive Branch? BTW, Democrats fought to get rid of the BUSH TAXCUTS for TEN YEARS. Those taxcuts were LAW, too.

The "TEA PARTY" are CITIZENS. Sorry you don't like sharing the country with other people. Maybe people should worry about UNDERSTANDING Civics 101. Or are you just mad that the Tea Party finally is articulating the CONSTITUTION that you're all praying gets scrapped.

The HOUSE has the power of the purse. The COUNTRY was formed brilliantly with THREE EQUAL branches of government to provide checks and balances. To prevent any group from taking the country into a wrong direction quickly.

You can complain about it all you want - Obama has stated he does NOT believe in the Constitution. He's very lucky he has a corrupt compliant protective media who fails to admit it's JOB is to CHALLENGE POWER, not be the cheerleaders.

So just be honest about it.

Furthermore, the issue causing the 17% shut down is: Obamacare bill as voted had criteria that has been CHANGED by President Stompy Foot ILLEGALLY. He does NOT have Constitutional power to change laws voted by Congress. Certainly not the power to make entire subsets of the country EXEMPT or subsidized by citizens to thwart the law, which he loves doing. Thumbing his nose at the voters.

You people are incredible. Fighting to go against your OWN interests, allowing business, Congress, The Supreme Court, The White House to all be EXEMPT or subsidized by citizens outside of THE SAME LAW that he won't even agree to allow YOU a one year exemption on. You are lambs being led to slaughter.

The FOUNDERS have a solution to that, too. : The Liberty Amendments: Restoring the American Republic: Mark R. Levin: 9781451606270: Amazon.com: Books

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-10-2013 at 03:53 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
This is what happens when you close down the government. I say quit whining and deal with it. Americans elected all of these people so its our fault anyways.
The families did NOT get their payments withheld because of any 17% "shut down". And I think you know it. It was simply a revenge move. The Alinsky way. The Chicago way.

The National Park Service placed cones along the highway viewing areas outside Mount Rushmore, barring visitors from pulling over, FFS. WE OWN that monument and it was paid for by taxpayer dollars like everything ELSE the federal government has. And LOL as if putting cones up prevents people's eyes from seeing it. Vindictive Morons.

I totally agree it's the idiots who voted for these people (or didn't vote) who are responsible for our country's situation for the past 5 years. Willfully ignorant and thinking because the Saul Alinsky follower could sing Al Green, that he was "cool".

However....Government is not closed down. 83% of the federal government is still fully operational. They chose to SPEND MONEY to vindictively assault the areas they have ideological issues with. The evil military and the awful rich people who have the money to go to national parks.

They had no problem supporting and PROMOTING illegals to flood the mall yesterday. But spent MONEY to GUARD other public property from evil 90 year old vets walking on the grounds. Pelosi even took a crack at them in her speech while she joined the illegals.

Your argument is invalid. Government is NOT shut down, President Stompy Foot is just getting his laughs. Pity all you Liberals don't see the joke's on YOU.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-10-2013 at 04:21 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Also, military workers are essentially government workers. Since conservatives hate government so much, I think it's hypocritical of them to suddenly act so concerned about military benefits.
Only 17% of the bloated government is "shut down". And the Military has been funded, anyway.

The world was going to END with the sequester, too. It didn't.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 10-10-2013 at 04:34 AM..

Old 10-10-2013, 04:27 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,112 times
Pbs got thier 400 mil funding payment after the shut down! I wonder how many death benifits couldnt be paid so kids can watch seseme street!

Kids what have we learned today?

Big bird is more important than a proper funeral for a soldier in this country as far as the left is concerned.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
It's almost impossible for average citizens to wrap their heads around what we have been seeing from this Administration for the last 10 days. Who would have ever dreamed we could have a President, and all the people who work for him and voted for him ..... not just accept this, but think it's justified. They even almost celebrate it. It's staggering to realize there are people like this that live among us and are not ashamed to admit to this inhumanity.

Yeah .... I know there are a few that say "I don't support this", but that is immediately negated with "but it's not Obama's fault" it's that group of anrcharists that the media all told was a "dead Tea Party".

It was them! It was Bush! It's anybody/everybody but "MY" party and leadership.

This country is Toast. Honestly - what kind of future do we really have when this "dead soldier" thing is just blown off? I thought the way Vietnam Vets were treated, was as about outrageous as could be imagined - but NO, Obama just has to prove that "we ain't seen nothing yet".

Old 10-10-2013, 04:19 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The soldiers are no longer living, so they will not suffer while all of this is going on. But plenty of living people are suffering from this Tea Party sanctioned shutdown, going without food, paychecks and basic needs. Where are your tears for them, KUchief?
...and this is all being done by 0bama, because he refuses to delay the personal mandate for one year. That's it! So here you are supporting the punishment of people who were unable to get insurance to comply with this awful ACA.

What is so bad about waiting a year BEFORE we start punishing the people??? Can't we spend the first year working out the many bugs, before we start punishing people??

BTW, who do you think might go w/o health insurance, the evil rich, or the middle and lower income folks who simply cannot afford it because they fell thru the cracks in the ACA chaos? Who are you cheering for 0bama to punish, hmm?

Old 10-10-2013, 04:34 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The death benefit for a dead soldier? That $100,000 is the SGLI, life insurance, the other payments are a part of the death benefits similar to the accidental death and dismemberment insurance policy any employee gets from their employer.

For 0bama to not honor this is despicable, and for him trying to claim he can't take care of this because he lacks funding because the "Republicans shut down the government, would be about the most heartless and dishonorable thing any president could do. The president could take care of these families, and all it would need is the stroke of his pen with a Presidential Emergency Action Document (PEAD), it's similar to a presidential order.
then let him fund all agencies with just a stroke of a pen. let him truly be a dictator. There is a reason we have 3 branches of government. government may not work efficiently, but is sure doesnt work if those required to do their part...dont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies