Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 01:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
When someone says "water levels aren't rising" and I provide a lovely little map showing that it is as well as how much and where and they react with "the science is WRONG", what conclusion should I draw from that? When stating that a blog that isn't subject to any sort of editorial oversight or peer review or verification isn't much of a scientific research is met with whining about Al Gore instead of evidence showing that it is scientifically accurate, what conclusion should I draw from that?
That's because you live so far inland you have no idea your maps are the creations of bone heads. I live less than 1 hours ride to the sea. The same one i dug clams in as a lad. There is NO sea level increase period. if there was the road that goes to where my dads place still is, would be under salt water. Dad's gone, the property was sold but it's still there, so it the cork tree, and so is the salt water. The channels have all changed though. We are talking 55 years i can recall. No higher water today than there was then.

Sea level is sea level unless you have some trick to stack water on itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The earth was here way before man so why should man be more important. We live and we die but the earth should go on with our protection.
In time to man terms man won't make 2 ticks on the clock of earth. We are the only creature that doesn't belong here, and we have over populated Earth a sin Earth will care for shortly in terms of Earth Clock time.

The Democrats have already promised the value of lives off for the next 4 generations of yet to be born in the USA.

That's another silly man thing. The whole idea of money and man laws is just stupid. No other creatures need or use such non-sense period.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:33 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Stuff like this is why I don't take the right's argument's seriously. Al Gore has nothing to do with the effects of increasing carbon dioxide concentrations.
I think you missed the point. Why would he buy a house which would be "under water" in "10 years?"

Old 10-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
How am I the arrogant one? And yes, the earth needs protection from man. Seems to me you are the arrogant one to feel you are superior and can do whatever you want to this planet without consequences. Ah, such denial. Without government most species would be hunted down and lost forever. All for man, right.
The truth behind that is more like with out hunters PAYING and making world govts stop poaching bla bla, but the fact is you non hunters pay for nothing and we hunters pay for it all. And right down to search and rescue of non hunters.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Stuff like this is why I don't take the right's argument's seriously. Al Gore has nothing to do with the effects of increasing carbon dioxide concentrations.
Still stuck on CO2 huh? LOL

Old 10-12-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
So? The house he buys doesn't change the laws of physics.

So if Al Gore buys a fancy house that must mean the world's climatological community must be . . . what? On the take? Lying? A bunch of idiots?
Al's 6 or so houses add up to a small city's worth of power draw, and his jets / limo's add to that powder draw carbon footprint in such a way as to make him look like a FOOL, and since you seem to be on Al's side of the thing you must assume to take some blame for that fool.

Of course you could quit exhaling any CO2 You could also get off the power grid, and walk everywhere instead of drive.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5ply10 View Post
at one point scientist wanted to spread zinc pellets around the antartic im curios of why they didnt
At one point scientist wanted to blow up the MOON! people give what is called science too much credit sometimes.

It was around the year 1862 or so when science figured out a surgeon could save lives better if he washed his bloody hands and changed his bloody apron between patients.

Science is new and has been wrong more often than it has been correct. People act like a 100 years of quasi science means something.

I did miss any news on the zinc pellets. What was that for?

Old 10-12-2013, 03:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wow! Well, give mankind a medal! Who was responsible for the near-extinction of the bald eagle in the first place?
We nearly wiped them out through hunting and DDT, and now have the audacity to feel a smugness that we saved them from extinction?
Who is killing bald eagles now................the global warming windmill crew. So you still haven't explained why San Diego isn't getting snowfall since warm air causes snow. I'm waiting............

Old 10-12-2013, 03:46 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's because you live so far inland you have no idea your maps are the creations of bone heads. I live less than 1 hours ride to the sea. The same one i dug clams in as a lad. There is NO sea level increase period. if there was the road that goes to where my dads place still is, would be under salt water. Dad's gone, the property was sold but it's still there, so it the cork tree, and so is the salt water. The channels have all changed though. We are talking 55 years i can recall. No higher water today than there was then.

Sea level is sea level unless you have some trick to stack water on itself.
Sea level is definitely rising even if you cannot see it....It has risen close to 10 inches since 1870...Form 1950 to 2009 it was rising at an average rate of 1.7 mm per year.... The average rate of rise since 1993 has almost doubled to 3.3 mm per year. At this rate the level will rise a further 7 inches from 1993 till 2047 barring any change in the rate of warming or any snowball effect. Unfortunately a snowball effect is almost a certainty. The Snowball Effect of Global Warming | LiveScience

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
You'll be dead then, so what do you care. Oh, you don't lol Why not give the benefit of a doubt of man's affect on our planet. I would think you would want this for you children and grandchildren. Do you really need to rely on studies It's common sense
There is nothing to care about. Earth has been through a lot more than evil man. Liberals have just been sent into a tizzy and think SOMETHING has to be done. LOL. Whenever liberals want SOMETHING done it never helps anything or anybody just costs a pile of money. Why aren't you on one of those iron harvesting boats if your so worried? I remember reading they think dumping 100 tons of iron dust would help cool the planet. I mean all those ships sunk during WWII by evil man should have cooled the planet a couple degrees I'd think. See how stupid it all is?

Why don't you globals ever wonder about the 2K nuclear bombs that were set off in nuke tests in the last decade? Oh because if that had anything to do with it you couldn't steal folks money I forgot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies