Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 AM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there you go again, misrepresenting what i have said. i didnt say has nothing to do with out environment, i said man has a SMALL effect on our environment in regards to climate change, get a clue.
what i am trying to point out is that for the last 2 million years we have gone through a natural cycle of glaciation, and lack of glaciation periods. they were ALL natural, or do you believe that man had something to do with them also? i have pointed out that interglacial periods last about 125,000 years, and that we are just out of the last major ice age by only 15,000 years. and in each interglacial period the planet warmed up naturally, granted there were short periods of minor ice ages, rather just like we have had in the last 15,000 years. i have also pointed out that while there is much that we do know about our climate, there is so much more that we DONT know, and that is the problem. when we dont know something, either how it works or what effect things we do will have, dont you think it is best that we move slowly? perhaps instead of making huge changes all at once, that we begin small and see what happens? remember "fools rush in where angels fear to tread". what happens if we do something that according to the climate models would make things better, actually makes things worse?

is that what you tell your kids? yeah go ahead and do something that we all know might get you hurt badly, we dont mind. this is exactly what you are suggesting with what to do with the climate. lets just rush in and do something despite the fact that we dont know what will happen because we dont have the whole picture.
Will you stop insulting me. And I have always told my kids to respect their environment, yes that is what I tell them. You really know nothing. You just mimic what you have read. You are just a parrot of the talking points of conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 12:05 AM

283 posts, read 434,371 times
Quote:
i agree with you for the most part. i disagree with you on the bold part though. we CAN eliminate those issues, the problem is the various governments around the world that are blocking the efforts to do so.
Oh, I definitely know we can somehow do it if we put a united effort towards it. But as a species, for whatever reason, we just can't.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
alright you see it as an insult, fine what ever. there i apologize for insulting you despite the fact that i told you the truth. and how long has your brother been a paleontologist? because there are plenty of them around that have gotten together with geologists to go out and find the evidence of the dinosaurs demise. and yes i know all the theories, including a second asteroid strike about 300,000 years later, and i also know that the dinosaurs didnt die off immediately either, but the asteroid strike was the trigger event that caused their demise.
You know nothing, sorry. And no paleontologists are few and far between. No the asteroid did not cause their demise. You can believe whatever you want

Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
your assumption that man is a thermostat that can control the temperature of earth is astonishing to me.
Are you that naive

Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Will you stop insulting me. And I have always told my kids to respect their environment, yes that is what I tell them. You really know nothing. You just mimic what you have read. You are just a parrot of the talking points of conservatives.
i get my information from a lot of sources, i dont mimic anyone. i listen to geologists, and climatologists, and engineers, and a variety of other scientists on a variety of subjects. limbaugh and hannity, and all the others, conservative or liberal are just entertainers, or politicians. they only know what they read in the papers, as such i dont consider them to be experts on any subject except the entertainment industry or the political industry. i am rather an expert on the auto industry, i have a degree in automotive technology, and i have spent time in the pits and in the shops building and tuning race cars. i have also built cars for the street. i am also an expert on the hotel industry, as i have spent 25 years working in them. i ahve some expertise in accounting as i have spent the same 25 years doing just that in the hotel industry, and in jobs between seasons when i worked in the national parks.

and if you want me to not "insult" you, then STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT I WRITE.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Are you that naive
apparently you are. your emoticon only proves my point.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Are you that naive
no but you are.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
i get my information from a lot of sources, i dont mimic anyone. i listen to geologists, and climatologists, and engineers, and a variety of other scientists on a variety of subjects. limbaugh and hannity, and all the others, conservative or liberal are just entertainers, or politicians. they only know what they read in the papers, as such i dont consider them to be experts on any subject except the entertainment industry or the political industry. i am rather an expert on the auto industry, i have a degree in automotive technology, and i have spent time in the pits and in the shops building and tuning race cars. i have also built cars for the street. i am also an expert on the hotel industry, as i have spent 25 years working in them. i ahve some expertise in accounting as i have spent the same 25 years doing just that in the hotel industry, and in jobs between seasons when i worked in the national parks.

and if you want me to not "insult" you, then STOP MISREPRESENTING WHAT I WRITE.
I highlighted what you said to me, no misrepresenting lol And yes it was insults. Go back and read.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
apparently you are. your emoticon only proves my point.
My emotion smile represents the frustration I feel for you.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I highlighted what you said to me, no misrepresenting lol And yes it was insults. Go back and read.
you said my opinion was that man had nothing to do with the climate, that is false. you suggested that i said we should do everything for man and nothing for the environment, that is also false. in other words you LIED about what i said. i asked you to stop doing that and yet you refuse to do so. so until you do i will suggest that you get a reading comprehension course, a clue, or other education. dont like then STOP MISREPRESENTING MY WORDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies