Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 06:32 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,659,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Sweetie, you're arguing with people who can't spell, don't know the difference between a Pulitzer and a Nobel Prize, think too much education is harmful, believe the earth is the only planet with a moon, but think they know ALL about science.
Give it up. They'll deny global warming even as they're bursting into flames.
It's the Conservative platform.
It is the NEOCON platform.

I am a conservative who embraces sciences, and respects higher education. There are many more like me. See all of the threads about people leaving the GOP, some of which are actually authentic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Perhaps we will luck out and all of the liberals will participate in a mass suicide (like Jonestown) prior to "the end". It would be a fitting end to a perverse cult.
I like the way facts that contradict right-wing lies make you whine and cry about liberals. I went back and re-read the article after your whining, and do you know what?

Your whining didn't change a thing.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Sweetie, you're arguing with people who can't spell, don't know the difference between a Pulitzer and a Nobel Prize, think too much education is harmful, believe the earth is the only planet with a moon, but think they know ALL about science.
Give it up. They'll deny global warming even as they're bursting into flames.
It's the Conservative platform.
Really? Where did that one come from? That one is new to me.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:07 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
34 years? Crap I might still be alive.
Not to worry, Bachmann says we're already in the End Times.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:17 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
2005 was the hottest year on record, yet we had record snow and long bitter winters in recent years? Funny how these scientists can spin any weather pattern into a sign of global warming.

If they are right, no biggie, the population of Anchorage will just get a whole lot bigger.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
34 years? Crap I might still be alive.

If I am, I'll be so freaking old I won't care.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
We're going to freeze, no wait were going to burn, drink the water, don't drink the water. Eat vegetables, no, you can't cause of pesticides. Drink alcohol, wait don't its bad for you. So sick of these studies. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us as it is.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:49 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
It is the NEOCON platform.

I am a conservative who embraces sciences, and respects higher education. There are many more like me. See all of the threads about people leaving the GOP, some of which are actually authentic.
Yes. Because we all know that conservatives or Neocons do not embrace any sciences nor do they respect higher education. I assume they all hate minorities, the poor, women, other countries, hybrid cars, etc. too as well right?

By the way, how about that active hurricane season all the scientist predicted this year?

Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Of course there will be that bit of trillions of dollars in lost property around the world, but, no big deal.
Not to mention millions of environmental refugees with no where to go. I'm sure Conservatives will be glad to let them all in, we can put them in the region just North of where the Louisiana used to be.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Species become extinct and are found daily. Some like to blame man......it has been happening long before man walked earth and will after.

Meet the New Species | 40th Anniversary | Smithsonian Magazine

ya but you cant deny man is speeding up the process..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies