Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 07:14 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, he hasn't caved yet. I gotta say that I'm impressed with this new hold-your-ground Obama.
Cave-in is your term. He will not negotiate on total defunding of ACA, but he may give some consessions on ACA/ What? That is yet to be seen.

All other "back and forth" was inevitable. No one is served by a ridgid stance...we need nore than just "standing ground". We need "making ground".

there are my platitudes of the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I think, though, that it isn't a major surprise, and there were some among the Republican leadership who were quite confident that taking their petulance to the extreme as they have would likely have negative consequences for their objectives, overall. There are simply way too many nut-jobs on the right to forestall such idiocy from ensuing - the cooler heads rarely prevail in the GOP at the outset, but rather more often after the self-damage is done.
Where is Green Eggs and Ham hiding out these days? He's been awfully quiet these past few days.

Hopefully, he is happy with his near destruction of the Republican Party.

Fool.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Where is Green Eggs and Ham hiding out these days? He's been awfully quiet these past few days.

Hopefully, he is happy with his near destruction of the Republican Party.

Fool.
I heard he surfaced at Va's (R) Gov candidate Ken Cuccinelli's campaign function and Cuccinelli avoided a photo op with him like the plague.

He has become toxic.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I heard he surfaced at Va's (R) Gov candidate Ken Cuccinelli's campaign function and Cuccinelli avoided a photo op with him like the plague.

He has become toxic.
I saw that too. Perhaps you are right and he is headed for his destiny as a talking head at Fox. Oh what a great,shreaking, shill he will be!

(Is any of that spelled right)??? I'm on my cell phone and can't see a damn thing!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Yet another Democrat who can't admit that practically every problem this country faces today was ultimately caused by failed Democrat policies...

Take comfort in knowing that your precious GOP is committing suicide by tea poisoning.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
You do understand that it's not a real political party, don't you? And that they are vilified regularly by our president, calling them extremists and terrorists? It's no wonder folks have a bad opinion of them, when the Dear Leader is telling them what to think.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
With low GOP poll numbers like that, there is no reason for the President to negotiate, but he will. He will give the GOP a face-saving out.

And they will continue to vilify him for their poor judgement and kooky mistakes.

Proves he is the bigger man.
Yes, because the "bigger man" consults with lawyers first, instead of doing what's right with regards to soldiers' families that were killed.

Yes, because the "bigger man" closes down open air memorials that belong to all of us, to play games.

Yes, because the "bigger man" insults and name calls, after calling for civility.

Yes, because the "bigger man" refuses to negotiate, and won't even meet with the other side. His way of the highway, ever single time.

He's a bigger something, but it's not "man".

Old 10-11-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Thus the first response in this thread and all the other attempted deflections to Obama, who, by the way, will not appear on any ballots again.

It's bad. It's really bad. They know it's bad. Really bad. Their party is about as popular as gonorrhea right now.
Kind of like Bush taking the fall?

I can't wait for the next election. I think the Dems are going to be shocked. By then, ObamaCare will have completely wrecked the economy, and more people will be out of work and uninsured. There aren't enough illegals on the planet to fix THAT.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
What do you expect with massive media bias painting them as evil incarnate and democrats as angles and saints every 15 minutes? All that poll shows is that people are stupid, but we knew that after they fell for Obama twice.
It also shows that the liberals are succeeding in degrading the American people.

America has gone from the most advanced and productive nation the world had ever seen to being an economically stagnant place with declining education and the liberals are grinning ear to ear and dancing joyfully about the "progress" they've made.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You do understand that it's not a real political party, don't you?
And the disowning of the Tea Party begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And that they are vilified regularly by our president, calling them extremists and terrorists? It's no wonder folks have a bad opinion of them, when the Dear Leader is telling them what to think.
Sounds like the non-stop demonizing of Obamacare by the Tea Party for the last three years. And as we all see clearly now, they ARE extremists and terrorists. What else do you call a group that is attempting to take down the government? I'd add traitors into that description as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies