Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times

Advertisements

You're off the grid but you have internet access. Sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 04:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Ok, so you have internet access but you want us to tell you what's going on in the news because you don't have a TV?

Old 10-10-2013, 06:57 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
You're funded through October. Appropriations Lapse Plan - Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

Old 10-10-2013, 07:03 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docryan View Post
I am a Permanently Totally Disabled Vet who has served his country honorably in various conflicts suffering not only physical but psychological injuries. I have spent the better part of the past decade working struggling to get a handle on my injuries and conditions so I may return to being a productive working American.
Over the years friends and family have said to me that I should just travel live life that I've more than earned what little bit of pension I get and the ability to kick back the rest of my life. But I am still pretty young and it just doesn't feel right.

I get to the point the VA is sending me back to school to learn a new trade so I could then return to the workforce. After a tumultuous relocation to say the least, I finally found a small town to settle in at and invest the next 2-5yrs of my life in to getting back to that point.

Now I've lived off the grid for about the past 3mths and recently loss use of my cell phone due to apparently not really having unlimited service (that's a blog for another time), I learned at a Laundromat a few weeks ago that the Govt shut down, it was in it's 2nd day at that time, of course I shrugged it off cause it's done this once before in '95-96 when I was on active duty but all worked out after a day or soo.

Now I just happened to learn that Everyones government pension and disability payments will not be paid next month or thereafter, at first I assumed this was just politics or scare tactics by the arzz of a VA head (whom I bet will get his paycheck) but I read other sources and learned the VA is systematically shutting down.

So can anyone tell me since I have no TV not that news is that reliable, but does it look like a certainty?

What's this country coming to? And don't blame the president cause it's all those in DC that shut this thing down not just one man, plus I've of the belief that president doesn't really call shots anyways, and apparently I'm right cause everything is shut down.

Funny and Sad how those 1%er's keep us little people in our place huh, yet when they need dirty work done who is it they come running to!!! The little people one day Americans will wake up and realize that we are just puppets on a string and take our country back.
Here. Watch, Read, and listen to these guys.
Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

Just remember, whatever they say...Do and believe the polar opposite. You'll be just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies