Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 08:48 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
There are 4.4 million people in KY, and likely a lot of them don't have insurance.

I find 7k to be a rather light total in 10 days. If you extrapolate that out, that's less than 240,000 in one year, or roughly 5.4% of the population.

There is plenty of time, but I think the early demand will be considerably higher than the demand at the 1 year mark. If they can't muster up 100,000 people by the end of the year in a state as poor as KY, then that lets me know that either:

a) there is not nearly as much demand as the administration thought
b) the product is so expensive nobody wants it
I seriously doubt if its too expensive in states like Kentucky. Unless a lot of people fall outside the 400% fpl in Kentucky most people will get a subsidy. Average family income in Kentucky is $42,000. A family of four would only pay $326 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 08:53 PM

82 posts, read 48,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hawaii Relaunching Obamacare Exchange After Not Selling Any Health Insurance Due To Software Problems

HONOLULU — Hawaii’s health insurance marketplace is hoping to turn around a stalled start by providing plans and pricing to consumers by Oct. 15 — but there are no guarantees, its executive director said Wednesday.

Hawaii Relaunching Obamacare Exchange After Not Selling Any Health Insurance Due To Software Problems « CBS DC
You know what else had a shaky start.......the NFL! Just imagine if it was judged this way

Old 10-10-2013, 08:56 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Kentucky has signed up 7K people on its state site. Apparently it is a well written app, showing that there is considerable demand if they had an application that would work properly. Pretty early to be calling in the final results, don't you think? There is plenty of time.
Uh, helloooooooooooo! Anybody home in your head?

This thread is about Hawaii.

Kentucky is way on the other side of the country.

There's a little button that says "New Thread" if you wish to discuss Kentucky.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
I see that there are computer and technical issue which is what happened when Medicare Part D (Bush's baby) was first rolled out. It was called a disaster then...not so much anymore though.

OP...you are attempting to make a mockery of something that has already saved lives, which means that you are the one that deserves to be mocked...

You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives

There is a proverb in The Talmud that says..."When you save one life it is as if you saved the entire world." Think about it!

Carry on.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:20 PM

266 posts, read 402,471 times
Why should I pay more taxes to save someones life. I pay my own way as should everyone else.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:24 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Hawaii Relaunching Obamacare Exchange After Not Selling Any Health Insurance Due To Software Problems

HONOLULU — Hawaii’s health insurance marketplace is hoping to turn around a stalled start by providing plans and pricing to consumers by Oct. 15 — but there are no guarantees, its executive director said Wednesday.

Hawaii Relaunching Obamacare Exchange After Not Selling Any Health Insurance Due To Software Problems « CBS DC
I don't understand who Zero Bama is. Who are you talking about?

Old 10-11-2013, 01:26 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Hawaii has had an employer mandate in place since 1975, so there aren't very many potential Obamacare customers there anyway.
Or anywhere else for that matter.... Or at least any that will be able to afford it once they see what a bag of manure the law is.. Can't wait until the taxes kick in up to 2.5 percent LMAO.. Folks ***** about 10.00 now wait until they start taking the Obamacare taxes out because they couldn't afford a 10k deductible and 30% copayment!

Pass the popcorn please..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies