Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times

Advertisements

I'm no Tea Party Republican. I just feel things need to be shaken up. Some of those who are sitting in silence now should be held accountable.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
When I recommended this in the past I was caused crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm no Tea Party Republican. I just feel things need to be shaken up. Some of those who are sitting in silence now should be held accountable.
on this we agree. in fact i say not only should these congressmen be voted out of office, but they should also get a beating as they leave office so they can go home all black and blue.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
There is no doubt the US has become a corporate government and big bigness owns both major parties. The only way out of this mess is to vote against both democrats and republicans. We pass over a lot of people who make good or maybe even great politicians because they simply cannot compete with the financial end of politics. We now have 99% of the wealth being held by the top 1% and that should send out a warning.
If Americans continue down the same road nothing will change and will actually get worse.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

If you keep voting the same way I suggest seeing a good psychiatrist.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Timing is everything.

By this time next year, it will be Dems on the hot seat.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
'Stupid is as stupid does'

The people who put them in place have a problem?

Have a problem in business and you look up one level to find the source of the problem. In this case the problem lies squarely on the shoulders of the electorate, the people who hired the legislators to represent them.

When a legislator can stand up and tell the people that 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it', and the people don't immediately demand her resignation, the people deserve what they get.

When a representative stands up and claims an island will tip over if too many people are on one side, they deserve what they get.

When a legislator assigned watchdog dutie,s allows fannie and freddie to crash... and no one demnda rtheir resignation, the people deserve what they get.

Politicians are like Darwin's finches in that thay have evolved to manipulate the electorate and be successful at being elected rather than useful.. unfortunately the electorate has not evolved and in fact has ensured their extinction but not before they ensure their irrelevance.

Officials like Obama moan to the SCOTUS not to overturn legislation enacted by the people's representatives and at the same time by passes the people's representaives with regulatory directives. If you don't have a problem with that they you have absolutely no justification to complain about Congress.

If the electorate would have critically reviewed their candidates' character, ethics and record instead of picking them, 'because they are like me' or because they are a D or R, or for personal favors promised or imagined, they wouldn't be disappointed.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
NBC/WSJ poll: 60 percent say fire every member of Congress - First Read

That’s the message 60 percent of Americans are sending to Washington in a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, saying if they had the chance to vote to defeat and replace every single member of Congress, including their own representative, they would. Just 35 percent say they would not.
HOGWASH to that article.

Just look at how many career politicians are in Congress.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
If you read through this it looks like a lot of the Tea Party-Republican types are the ones who want to get rid of everyone. They have been the bomb throwers all along. As long as they get their Medicare, SS, and disability checks they will continue with their anti-government rhetoric.
Man, you sure do have a chip on your shoulder about Medicare and SS. Do you think it's only teaparty types who benefit from these programs?

Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I'd vote to replace every member of Congress, every member of the Senate, and the President if I were given the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Term limits!

I agree with both of you!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Sometimes I wish we could have, every ten years or so, a 'lottery' type election.

For instance, during a lottery election year the people of each state will get to elect the US House representatives of one other state.

50 balls, each with the name of a state, are placed in the hopper. The Texas governor, representating Texas, draws out a ball: the name is New York. Hence, in the election, Texans will receive (at home) and vote the New York ballot for U.S. House members. The New York governor will pick a ball, say Florida, and hence New Yorkers pick the Florida representatives. Some other state (say, Colorado) will pick the Texas ball, and the good people of Colorado will vote on the Texas U.S. House members. A perfect chance to 'toss out' some guy who has been in office too long, but is too beloved by his or her home voters. For instance, if this had been done in the 1980s, I am sure that Jim Wright, of Fort Worth, would have been voted out by whatever state had won the right to vote Texas.

Ah, to dream.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
People vote name recognition. No more, no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies