Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Thank you, I was struggling with the name, appreciate that. I don't agree that I missed the point, I am proposing that there was no point.
That would be wrong......... There were many points. But i agree with you in that the Democrats need to PAY UP their debt before anymore spending is allowed to pass. maybe to the 'point' of the Democrats have 7B to spend in surplus funds for Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 05:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Maybe some African nations are the extra 7 states that President Obama said he had visited.

Does anyone have President Obama's itinerary from the 2008 campaign?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
and that my friend is why we have to borrow money to pay SSA and ssi payments next month

Old 10-11-2013, 05:50 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
id gladly cut military for the african power initiative.
More liberal logic. Just can't stand the idea of not spending the money, can you? How about NOT SPENDING?

If you just can't stand the thought of all those tax dollars going to waste in the taxpayers pockets how about spending it on fixing bridges in the US that are falling down (literally)?

Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,062 times
Many of you are mistaken this for being purely charitable aid. This is more or less a strategic economic investment. The theory goes that these sort of investments will pay themselves off as the power projects will help beneficiary countries' economies to grow which in turn will give them a greater ability to purchase goods and services(it's presumed that a portion will be "American").

Last edited by TylerJAX; 10-11-2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
7 billion is chump change. every hour, taxpayers are paying 61 million for the department of defense.
for our country. africa is an 8th world country we should give nothing to.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
I'm guessing Xi doesn't want power.

The Gods Must be Crazy - YouTube

Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Are you for real? This is like so simple, it's too simple.

You don't power up Africa and you will have a total melt-down.

If you don't want to end up like Greece and Belarus...and I don't mean temporarily, I mean for the rest of th existence of the US, then you need to stop BRIC.

If BRIC develops sub-Saharan Africa, you'll be longing for the days of 8% Unemployment.

The goal of the US is to delay or halt the development of sub-Saharan African States.

The US will do that by disrupting governments using the US military, the War on Terror™ or trade in order to get its foot in the door and have some influence. The US won't really provide any power, it's just a Carrot-on-a-Stick to tease, in order to get governments to bow down to the US.

It's not like you haven't seen this before.

Use the Search Function. How many threads or posts are there on C-D with some lame person whining and crying and sniveling about "Out-Sourcing/Off-Shoring?"

If you can't handle a teeny little bit of Off-Shoring to China, I don't know what in the hell you're going to do about Southwest Asia, or Central Asia, or sub-Saharan Africa. Development is shifting right now to Southwest Asia.

Your average sub-Saharan African earns about $0.08 to $0.14 per day right now.

And no, I didn't stutter.

Wages typically double every 10 years in developing-States. About 30-40 years from now when sub-Saharan Africa shifts to the high end 2nd Level Economy, and then to the 3rd Level, you'll see even more jobs flying out of America.

That's what this is about. You have a drone base in Libya, and military bases in Ethiopia. You been trying to get that oil in Somalia ever since you murdered President Schemarke back in 1969 (I think that was the year). Maybe one day you'll actually get it.

Sub-Saharan Africa is mineral rich, and the US will attempt to steal all of it, just like it stole all the resources from about 70-odd countries.

Don't worry, it'll be a lot like Guatemala.

Remember?

Maybe you don't.

The US spent a few $Million powering up a couple of major cities in Guatemala, and then turned the power plants over to Chiquita. Yeah, the Chiquita, the corporation. Chiquita then had a 100% monopoly on electrical power in Guatemala and Chiquita naturally charged monopolistic rates, profiting off of the power plants built with US tax-payer dollars.

And then the US government seized the only port in Guatemala, and gave it to Chiquita.

And then Chiquita built lots of roads leading to the port, and charged tolls to use the roads, and tariffs, duties and fees to use the port.

The Guatemalan people got nothing, but then they are non-White so that's okay.

Then, President Arbenz attempted to build power plants so that Chiquita no longer had a monopoly, and President Truman tried to murder Arbenz in cold-blood for heinous crime of Developing While Non-White. Truman's plans to commit murder in cold-blood were cancelled at the last minute, but the Eisenhower illegally over-threw Arbenz and installed another puppet-dictator to oppress the Guatemalan people.

That's how it works.

Don't worry...you'll get the quarterback...eventually...

Mircea
Uh; you left OUT something real important: the birthrates everywhere are going down and down FAST which WILL push wages UP. It's already happening in China in 2013; too much $$$ to make stuff there so production is going to cheaper places like Vietnam, India and the US. Yes; I said "US".

Russia: it too is losing population. Brazil: it has its own problems at home like its poor "brown" people and India I ain't that worried about.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:04 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Money down a rathole, but at this point in the USAtard's demise........it does not really matter.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:08 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
Er, ok, not really sure what your point it, you seem to be rambling and all over the place.
I believe he's trying to say we are continuing with our empire building ways. We've done quite a many awful things in central America decades ago. Recall our role in Panama or Guatemala during their civil wars? There are deep holes filled with hundreds of bodies with our military's name all over them. We got away with it then (with a little backlash from the UN) and so I'm sure there are many who believe we can get away with it today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies