Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of people like me who have yet to sign up due to the access problems and there being no rush to sign up.
This is me as well. I'm holding off because there is no rush, and I see no need to log onto the overwhelmed systems and make the problem worse when I have plenty of time to do so. Look at how many people wait until the last few weeks to file their taxes. This will be no different. In the meantime, let them work through the bugs and get the systems running more smoothly. The only numbers that count will come next March.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 12:38 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
So says The Daily Fail after 2 un-named employees supposedly gave them an exclusive look at the numbers. I amazed that some people will believe anything as long as it re-enforces their beliefs. They could have stated Obama's dogs fleas had stated it confidentially, and some people will still be posting threads how Obamacare signed up such low numbers.

They do know that if they looked at confidential enrollment information, that's a HIPAA violation right?

The mail should go back to claiming Twitter causes cancer.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yup.

And how many of those people still want to sign up, after finding that the Obamanites couldn't even get the websites right, much less get the program right?

I would certainly be going to the competition at this point.

ridiculous assertion! the early problems with the website in no way indicates anything about the law, which portions have been in effect for nearly 3 years.

and if you want to go to the 'competition', whatever that means, well then good!

the point is for everyone to be insured with at least minimal coverage which varies by age, no matter through which venue!

get a clue, and insurance...

Old 10-11-2013, 12:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Yup.

And how many of those people still want to sign up, after finding that the Obamanites couldn't even get the websites right, much less get the program right?

I would certainly be going to the competition at this point.
I will be signing up, probably in November. That should be more than enough time to work out the online issues.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Wait, we have more news...just New York and California have claimed over 68,700 sign ups.

Think those sources The Daily Fail used for the OP, if they even existed, could be lying?

If they existed in the first place. The Daily Fail has a history of making things up.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
The deadline is 12/15 to have insurance effective 1/1/2014.

Open enrollment for 2014 ends on 3/31/2014. Like all insurance, it's not retroactive.

In 2016, the 2015 tax forms will ask filers if they were insured in 2014. Hitting the 3/31/2014 deadline will qualify.

Last week's Time Mag reported how some states have gone out of their way to resist ACA, including but not limited to telling their constituents to not sign up for insurance, targeting young people to not sign up, not mentioning the law or a link on state web sites, refusing to allow navigators to operate, state insurance commissions making it clear they will not enforce ACA and refusal to expand Medicare.

Most of the states taking the hardest lines against ACA also have the highest percentages of uninsured.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Last week's Time Mag reported how some states have gone out of their way to resist ACA, including but not limited to telling their constituents to not sign up for insurance, targeting young people to not sign up, not mentioning the law or a link on state web sites, refusing to allow navigators to operate, state insurance commissions making it clear they will not enforce ACA and refusal to expand Medicare.
Which is really a shame, because the very people who would be helped the most by the ACA will be brainwashed into not signing up for it in the first year they are eligible. Which means they'll spend another year unnecessarily without healthcare. When the sky doesn't fall and the dire consequences the Tea Party warned of never materialize, they will be first in line to sign up at the next enrollment period. Just think of all the needless suffering that will happen for people without insurance in the meantime. It's really sad.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Which is really a shame, because the very people who would be helped the most by the ACA will be brainwashed into not signing up for it in the first year they are eligible. Which means they'll spend another year unnecessarily without healthcare. When the sky doesn't fall and the dire consequences the Tea Party warned of never materialize, they will be first in line to sign up at the next enrollment period. Just think of all the needless suffering that will happen for people without insurance in the meantime. It's really sad.
You wanna talk brainwashing?!?! So the media and hollywood, the loudest voices in all this and being pro-Obamacare arent the ones brainwashing people....its the other side?!?! LOL

Obamacare WILL be a failure. It WILL be a disaster. Why you think this will end up any better than the numerous other examples of government programs that flat out SUCK, is just ignorance beyond belief.

You people are utterly hopeless. And this program was NEVER about making anything affordable in the first place. In is not going to make it overall affordable. And those that do get cheaper prices...its off the backs of others.

Even in this liberal cesspool state of Connecticut, theyve had very few people enroll and the biggest complaints so far is cost.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-11-2013 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wait, we have more news...just New York and California have claimed over 68,700 sign ups.

Think those sources The Daily Fail used for the OP, if they even existed, could be lying?

If they existed in the first place. The Daily Fail has a history of making things up.

68,700 signups, out of a pool of 58,000,000 people in those two states in two weeks.......and I thought U2 360 Tour tickets sold out in a hurry.

I would expect NY to have an enormous number, as their rates will almost certainly fall through Obamacare due to the disaster that is the health insurance industry in NY.

But 1/10th of 1% for the two of the three biggest states in the country in 10 days? That's weak.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,785,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So says The Daily Fail after 2 un-named employees supposedly gave them an exclusive look at the numbers. I amazed that some people will believe anything as long as it re-enforces their beliefs. They could have stated Obama's dogs fleas had stated it confidentially, and some people will still be posting threads how Obamacare signed up such low numbers.

TRANSLATION: I can't refute any of the points presented in the OP, but I hate it anyway. So I'll attack the messenger instead, smear the people reporting it, and hope somebody believes my smears instead of the reported facts.

Quote:
They do know that if they looked at confidential enrollment information, that's a HIPAA violation right?
(sigh)

It's not confidential, and isn't covered by HIPAA. Nice try at making up a new "violation" when you didn't like the truth being reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies