Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 11:12 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Nothing you've said leads me to think you know anything about any of them. I know a little about Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin.. Plant, I have no clue. Never heard of anyone named Plant.

Now, I KNOW you don't listen, or you're just being dishonest.

The very LAST thing Limbaugh and Hannity would do is cut off a liberal. I've never listened to Levin, so I don't know if he has the patience to listen to their insanity or not.

The RIGHT NEVER seeks to cut off debate or discussion, nor to silence dissent. ONLY liberals do that, by threats, intimidation, or seek to use authority to censor them.
So you don't know who Chris Plant is yet I do. And you think I don't listen to conservative radio lol And you obviously don't listen to Rush and Hannity's shows. If you did you would know how they cut off their listeners who don't agree with them, not so much Rush but Hannity and Plant for sure. If you do listen to them then you know how condescending they are. We have no liberal radio hosts so I have no idea where you get your ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 02:27 AM

312 posts, read 494,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Nothing you've said leads me to think you know anything about any of them. I know a little about Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin.. Plant, I have no clue. Never heard of anyone named Plant.

Now, I KNOW you don't listen, or you're just being dishonest.

The very LAST thing Limbaugh and Hannity would do is cut off a liberal. I've never listened to Levin, so I don't know if he has the patience to listen to their insanity or not.

The RIGHT NEVER seeks to cut off debate or discussion, nor to silence dissent. ONLY liberals do that, by threats, intimidation, or seek to use authority to censor them.
Annnd credibility lost right there.

Hannity Cuts Off Caller Questioning Media Honesty - CFR - YouTube

Old 10-13-2013, 02:53 AM

742 posts, read 678,284 times
I dunno they they can answer any of that besides the rhetoric they are told by MSM, Facebook and Twitter comments. They are not even aware that they are not real Liberals.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:35 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Should have been Obama's slogan when running for POTUS in 2008.
So, in other words, you couldn't come up with any worthwhile to add to the discussion, so you too resorted to, "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You have some growing up to do. You are incredibly naieve.
No, I'm all grown up and taking you to task for the deception you posted, your gaps of knowledge, your lack of perspective (especially with regard to anti-corruption), the indefensible nature of the perspective, and then how I caught you implying that the law only applies when it goes in your favor; and you got hurt so instead of acknowledging the things I wrote you decided to post a personal attack. I think you've made very clear the compromised nature of what you present.

Quote:
What are they gaining monetarily?
If spending is blindly cut, there is a chance that taxes may not increase as much.

Quote:
Quote:
They have confused themselves with their financial assets.
This makes absolutely no sense at all
No, it makes lots of sense. You either are unwilling or unable to comprehend it - I won't speculate which.

Quote:
The left championed the Occupy movement. How would they move progress?
So given that I condemned it, vigorously, what does that make me?

Old 10-13-2013, 08:02 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Please use the correct title.

It's tea party. As in teaparty.org.

Direct your request to those who picked up that label. They're not teabaggers because I say so.

Self

Inflicted

Just more phony outrage aimed at others for their own stupidity.

Amusing.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
the tea party is full of old, white people. you know, things liberals hate. any white person who votes for a democrat is a closet self loather.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
As much as she is vilified by the Right, Frances Fox Piven provides, from a left perspective, a pretty empathetic analysis of the Tea Party.

"They have attracted the some of the same people that were attracted by movements from the John Birchers to the Christian Right. But the Tea Party is also I think a little bit different. They’re not a religious movement. They are better educated than the public at large. They are not the people who are hurting as a result of this economic crisis — although they may be alarmed by some of the instability caused by the financial crisis. And they are terrified by their loss of status and political centrality as the country changes demographically.

For a long time, pollsters on the Democratic side have been looking forward to the demographic changes that would make minorities so important. Well, they have occurred, and not only minorities, but poor people turned out in large numbers for both Obama elections. [Tea Partiers], they’ve always had standing and authority in their little communities. And that’s being challenged. Not just by Obama — Obama is the symbol. That’s being challenged by these broad shifts that are occurring in the population and in electoral politics.

How do they react? They scream at their rallies. They say, “Take it back!” That’s a scream that reflects, I think, the loss or threat to the sense of ownership."
Terrified Tea Party reviving slaveholder ideology: notorious sociologist talks to Salon - Salon.com

Old 10-13-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As much as she is vilified by the Right, Frances Fox Piven provides, from a left perspective, a pretty empathetic analysis of the Tea Party.
"They have attracted the some of the same people that were attracted by movements from the John Birchers to the Christian Right. But the Tea Party is also I think a little bit different. They’re not a religious movement. They are better educated than the public at large. They are not the people who are hurting as a result of this economic crisis — although they may be alarmed by some of the instability caused by the financial crisis. And they are terrified by their loss of status and political centrality as the country changes demographically.

For a long time, pollsters on the Democratic side have been looking forward to the demographic changes that would make minorities so important. Well, they have occurred, and not only minorities, but poor people turned out in large numbers for both Obama elections. [Tea Partiers], they’ve always had standing and authority in their little communities. And that’s being challenged. Not just by Obama — Obama is the symbol. That’s being challenged by these broad shifts that are occurring in the population and in electoral politics.

How do they react? They scream at their rallies. They say, “Take it back!” That’s a scream that reflects, I think, the loss or threat to the sense of ownership."
Terrified Tea Party reviving slaveholder ideology: notorious sociologist talks to Salon - Salon.com
if they are well educated and well off, they should be screaming to take it back. it's their money being extorted.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:21 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Inaccurate, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the tea party is full of old, white people. you know, things liberals hate. any white person who votes for a democrat is a closet self loather.

...amusing.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
...amusing.
it is inaccurate. I forgot to mention that liberals hate blacks too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies