Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:13 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
He has worked on "Family Guy", a show done by a liberal.

James Wood's is full of it. Maybe all the blood went to his other head.
That's all you can do, isn't it? Attack Woods for telling the truth. After all, IT IS WELL ESTABLISHED FACT that if you reveal that you have conservative politics, you get blacklisted by the liberals that run the place.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbay33 View Post
Meh, I think both liberals and conservatives are dumb. Honestly if conservatives controlled hollywood, they'd blackball liberals out of the business. That's why all these arguments fall short. They both do the same things in and out of party. The same liberals who wanted to leave the country after bush was elected want to punish those who want to succeed because of Obama and all them anti-american bla bla bla. Same old bs

Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Feelings of paranoia and martyrdom are common in people who describe themselves as "conservative":

The Paranoid Style in American Politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
How about: Liberals lie about conservatives and promote lies which feed their prejudices.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbay33 View Post
Meh, I think both liberals and conservatives are dumb. Honestly if conservatives controlled hollywood, they'd blackball liberals out of the business. That's why all these arguments fall short. They both do the same things in and out of party. The same liberals who wanted to leave the country after bush was elected want to punish those who want to succeed because of Obama and all them anti-american bla bla bla. Same old bs
Absolutely wrong.

1,391 posts, read 1,233,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
That's all you can do, isn't it? Attack Woods for telling the truth. After all, IT IS WELL ESTABLISHED FACT that if you reveal that you have conservative politics, you get blacklisted by the liberals that run the place.
I attacked him? News to me.

Anyway, he's full of it because he has worked in liberal Hollywood, on a liberal tv show, as I've mentioned now three times.

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Feelings of paranoia and martyrdom are common in people who describe themselves as "conservative":

The Paranoid Style in American Politics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LOL, awesome Wiki page. Awesome in that it perfectly illustrates why Wiki should not be used as a reference.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Agreed, I don't think that becoming political helps any actor's career, in fact there is ample evidence that it does damage. That being said, some words are much worse than others. In the case of Gibson, being an anti-semite in Hollywood is career suicide
Well, actors are regular people with opinions, like anybody else, and they have a right to voice them as they choose. But you're right, it can come at a cost. As long as they're willing to take that risk, they are free to say whatever they want. And I agree, Gibson's tirade was much more damaging. I would honestly be surprised if what Woods tweeted would actually lose him much work in Hollywood. I think age and mediocrity are bigger problems for him.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Again, you expediently attempt deflection.

Woods has not been on a prejudiced tirade. He's merely expressed DIFFERENT opinions than you. For that, you expect HE SHOULD SUFFER HARM. Gibson demonstrated prejudice against people.

What's the difference?

Gibson demonstrated prejudice in his case.

In Wood's case, YOU demonstrate prejudice.
The poster you quoted did NOT say he should suffer harm. He said basically ~ speak your mind and see what happens. That's all you (anyone) can do.

It works the same way at my office. Yes, I certainly CAN speak my mind and voice my opinion but, too often, and I'm not longer the 'favorite' employee.

It's LIFE. We don't have to like it - but there it is.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Like all conservatives/wingnuts/Teabaggers, this man suffers from a persecution complex.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 AM

82 posts, read 48,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom lives View Post
I'm shocked the left doesn't believe in free speech. I would have never believed it....

James Woods: 'I don't expect to work again' after anti-Obama criticism over government shutdown - NY Daily News
So let me get this straight,if I **** off my employer intentionally with mean spirited statements I should expect.........a raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies