Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,490,378 times

Advertisements

ObamaCare rates trigger more sticker shock | Fox News

This is insane.........I cannot believe what this country is anymore...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 07:25 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,020,699 times
This is widespread. From one of the hearts of government employment, and federal contractors, Space City, AL //www.city-data.com/forum/hunts...periences.html

Old 10-12-2013, 07:42 AM

229 posts, read 162,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
ObamaCare rates trigger more sticker shock | Fox News

This is insane.........I cannot believe what this country is anymore...........

There is a big reason, so many don't have insurance. They marketed and sold this as those without insurance will be insured. Now the ignorant that voted for this, out of those without insurance, thought it was going to be free or less than $10, because that is all they can afford.

They didn't think through it enough, or do there research. They relied on, "those without insurance will now be insured" narrative, from the media gate keepers. They had no idea it meant they would be FORCED to spend money to have the insurance, like so many were telling them in the first place.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:44 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,788,221 times
It would truly be interesting if employers stopped making ANY contributions toward their employee health insurance premiums.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,148,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsumCement View Post
There is a big reason, so many don't have insurance. They marketed and sold this as those without insurance will be insured. Now the ignorant that voted for this, out of those without insurance, thought it was going to be free or less than $10, because that is all they can afford.

They didn't think through it enough, or do there research. They relied on, "those without insurance will now be insured" narrative, from the media gate keepers. They had no idea it meant they would be FORCED to spend money to have the insurance, like so many were telling them in the first place.

Well, we lost our health insurance about 4 yrs. ago and as self-employed individuals, cannot afford the $12-15,000 it will cost us to get a policy. So in our late 50's, we are winging it without any insurance. It sucks. We both need hernia operations and cannot afford it if we want to keep paying our mortgage and taxes on time. I never voted for Obama because I can spot a liar and a fraud a mile away. Joe Wilson should have a statue erected in his honor for being the first to boldly call out "YOU LIE" to the Anointed One. For now, I'll pay the fine rather than submit all of my personal information into a broken .gov website, thank you very much.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,737,926 times
I still can't believe it cost over $1k per month for a family plan under Obamacare when the private insurance market is cheaper even though the private insurance market doubled in price because of Obamacare....

Old 10-12-2013, 10:28 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,583,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I still can't believe it cost over $1k per month for a family plan under Obamacare when the private insurance market is cheaper even though the private insurance market doubled in price because of Obamacare....
Obamacare IS the private insurance market. Educate yourself.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:33 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,737,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How many private insurance markets have premiums directly subsidized by the government... idiots...

Old 10-12-2013, 10:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
And private insurance doesn't get heavily subsidized by the taxpayers -- plus they bring in billions of dollars to give their CEO's.

I suspect like anything the government gets involved with, the costs dramatically rise and the quality decreases.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Then why does Obama now want to add $3 trillion to the national debt to pay for obamacare?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies