Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM

46,381 posts, read 27,247,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No one could actually believe this is a good idea except extreme pro-gun zealots, yes the Westboro Church Group comes to mind when you see these type of nuts planning a pro gun day on the anniversary of Newton. Did any of them ask the parents of the murdered children if they thought this was a good idea.
You don't think gun safety is a good idea? Yet, using those children to promote stronger gun regulations is just fine and dandy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I think it`s called free speech. The Constitution doesn`t begin and end with the 2nd amendment.
I'm all for it.....

However, when you are not able to provide a valid discussion, you slam people and call them names....

Typical...

Old 10-14-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm not a "left winger". I am a person who cannot understand why a civilian needs military style weapons, the kind used to slaughter defenseless little children in Newtown.

And then gun rights advocates decided that the anniversary of that tragedy is a good idea to have their Guns save lives day?

So tell me the difference between this and what the Westboro Church does at funerals?
Did you read this article?

Study: The U.S. has had one mass shooting per month since 2009

It may go against every anti gun person...but it appears to hold some water with the truth...again, the anti gun folk may not like it....

The westboro church and this are completely different......they are protesting because of the hate of military folks, this is being done to promote stronger gun regulations or at least tighten up the laws that are already in effect.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM

10,274 posts, read 6,370,272 times
Read between the lines. They are blaming the dead for their own deaths. See, if we armed those teachers, those kids, and they, would still be alive. More guns are the solution.

As the daughter said, "My Mom was an Educator, not a Marine".

Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 AM

23,860 posts, read 24,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Well, lets see. One group is promoting what caused the tragedy and the other group would like to do away with what caused the tragedy.
You are so sorely mistaken, it's almost sad. No, it IS sad.

Guns did NOT cause that tragedy.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:19 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,236,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You are so sorely mistaken, it's almost sad. No, it IS sad.

Guns did NOT cause that tragedy.
Actually guns were the instrument of the idiot that caused the tragedy. So indirectly guns did cause the tragedy.

Unfortunately for the law abiding gun owners out there, there are non law abiding gun owners. This in itself makes gun laws necessary.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 AM

59,438 posts, read 27,599,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
I'm not anti- gun but Newtown does illustrate some need of gun laws/ better mental health care awareness in this country. Anyone that thinks I'm an anti- gun freak is free to do so. My life will move forward in any case.
Quote:
I didn't say new. Duh.
"but Newtown does illustrate some need of gun laws".

Sorry if I misunderstood your stance.

When you mention "Newton and a need for gun laws", I read it as more new laws are required since the existing laws didn't stop the killings.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,560,199 times
Quote:
This in itself makes gun laws necessary.
we have gun laws

Old 10-14-2013, 10:28 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,053,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I could see your point, IF I didnt see the politicians and these families taking every opportunity to use the shooting for their own political advantage. I live here, Ive seen it.

We are also tearing down a perfectly good school to rebuild for $50 million of tax payer money.

I really have little sympathy for those that are "upset". They can screw. And besides, guns do save lives. Had their been an armed policeman at the school, most likely the only one dead wouldve been the shooter.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 AM

23,860 posts, read 24,185,020 times
Quote:
Actually guns were the instrument of the idiot that caused the tragedy. So indirectly guns did cause the tragedy.

I'll bet that you're one of those people who think it's just peachy keen that someone can be sued for sending a text message to a recipient that gets into an accident because they read that message while driving.

No, I'm sorry, but guns did NOT cause that tragedy any more than a car is at fault for a drunk driver crashing into someone.

Do you honestly believe the crap you write? Honestly?!?!??!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies