Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 05:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,349,597 times

Advertisements

if the black population would stop the crime we would not have this problem, 13% of the population doing 56% of the crime, it not race, it not profile, its they are doing the crime, they claim 80% of the black male population have a police record.

you know i thought that was b/s till i started asking the black fellow workers. I counted 22 with police records, and one white boy i knew 20 years ago that had a record.

instead of the rodney king "Why can't we get alone" oh yea he was busted again too.

"why can't the black population just behave for a change"

Old 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,087,749 times
What does welfare have to do with racial profiling and Police misconduct? And are you really saying all blacks and minorities are on welfare?

Your kind of proving the point of the thread.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
if the black population would stop the crime we would not have this problem, 13% of the population doing 56% of the crime, it not race, it not profile, its they are doing the crime, they claim 80% of the black male population have a police record.

you know i thought that was b/s till i started asking the black fellow workers. I counted 22 with police records, and one white boy i knew 20 years ago that had a record.

instead of the rodney king "Why can't we get alone" oh yea he was busted again too.

This point has been discussed to the max in this thread.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,284,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post

"Why can't the white population curtail racism?" First of all your statistics are flawed and do not tell the whole truth and secondly, why should a few blacks be responsible for al blacks that commit crimes are you responsible for all of the whites and their crimes in your area?

Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,038,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
The knockout game is media hype and typical mainstream hysteria about the "savage black man."

And while black on white crime may be more likely than white on black crime, if you're white, you're more likely to face a white guy if you are the victim of a crime.
The main reason why whites are more likely to be a victim of other whites is because the US is still MOSTLY WHITE. I'd like to see if you lived in a city like Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc where the population of blacks is significant in number, what your likelihood of being a victime of whites vs blacks would be. I'd be willing to bet the latter would be higher.

Also the 'knockout game' is NOT media hype as I've given numerous examples in other threads. But also the knockout game is a subset of the numerous black on white attacks that go on nearly everyday that the national media DO NOT cover unless its especially horrid or disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
The reason why there are more blacks in prison is because they are targeted far more than whites. Whites get away with the same crimes blacks get arrested for. I was pulled over leaving my job once for leaving too late. The same happened to another black co-worker of mine. The officer told me a that people often go to parking lots of businesses that are closed to do drugs. Funny thing is the multiple white people who leave late at times have NEVER been pulled over.
Did it ever occur to you that because blacks commit more crime that it makes sense to target the group that commits more crime than anyone else? The police don't have unlimited time and resources so even if non-blacks do commit crime, does it not make sense to put your effort towards the group that commits the most offenses as it would have the most impact?

So for example if whites committed 10 offenses for every 50 committed by blacks per day, do you really think it makes sense to put more effort and resources to reduce those 10 white offenses rather than the 50 black offenses?? Do you think that's getting the most bang for your buck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You are missing a key point. Blacks/minorities are arrested/convicted more because they are scrutinized more and subjected to harassment more. Whites commit just as much crime, but it goes undetected because they are given the benefit of the doubt. Don't even get me started on the drug war and how blacks are disproportionately targeted/arrested/convicted.
Not saying that some cops might be racist or unfairly targeting some minorities, but again do you really believe that police in general don't have a reason to target blacks, latinos etc when it comes to fighting and reducing crime especially when it comes to violent crime?

Also whites DO NOT commit 'just as much crime' as blacks do.

FBI — Table 43

Look at those numbers between whites and blacks and remember that there are 223 million whites in the US vs 42 million blacks and then do a per capita comparison. The crime rates are HUGELY higher for blacks than it is for whites.

And even if you still insist on saying whites get let off more often than blacks do, even if you DOUBLED the number of arrests for whites the number is STILL LOWER than it is for blacks by a significant margin on a per capita basis.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:11 PM

Report: African-Americans compose 28 percent of Oakland's population, 62 percent of police stops - San Jose Mercury News

OAKLAND -- Police stop and search African-Americans at a far higher rate than other racial groups in Oakland, according to a police report released Monday that has renewed concerns about racial profiling in the city.

African-Americans, who compose 28 percent of Oakland's population, accounted for 62 percent of police stops from last April to November, the report found. The figures also showed that stops of African-Americans were more likely to result in felony arrests.

However, while African-Americans were far more likely to be searched by police upon being stopped, officers were no more likely to recover contraband from searching African-Americans than members of other racial groups.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM

Mayor de Blasio Drops City Lawsuit Challenging Racial Profiling Law - Metropolis - WSJ

“There is absolutely no contradiction in protecting the public safety of New Yorkers and respecting their civil liberties. In fact, those two priorities must go hand-in-hand,” the mayor said in a news release. “No New Yorker should ever face discrimination based on the color of his or her skin. We are going to be explicit in setting fair and effective standards that prevent bias in any form.”

The law allows individuals the right to bring lawsuits to stop bias-based profiling, but doesn’t authorize the award of any monetary damages.

“This law protects individuals in our communities against bias-based profiling,” the city’s top lawyer, Zach Carter, said. “At the same time, police officers acting within the scope of their duties and in conformance with NYPD guidelines will be represented by the law department, in accordance with the law.”

Old 03-26-2014, 05:57 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,930,445 times
Cops shouldn't exist.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,284,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The main reason why whites are more likely to be a victim of other whites is because the US is still MOSTLY WHITE. I'd like to see if you lived in a city like Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc where the population of blacks is significant in number, what your likelihood of being a victime of whites vs blacks would be. I'd be willing to bet the latter would be higher.

This is not true since many cities are still heavily segregated by income and in some cases by race, but since you don't even live in this country why in the hell should anyone take what you say regarding this matter seriously in the first place?

Also the 'knockout game' is NOT media hype as I've given numerous examples in other threads. But also the knockout game is a subset of the numerous black on white attacks that go on nearly everyday that the national media DO NOT cover unless its especially horrid or disturbing.

How about because it does not happen as frequently as you think, therefore less media coverage...duh!
Oh, one more thing, whites are not the only ones being targeted either.

Did it ever occur to you that because blacks commit more crime that it makes sense to target the group that commits more crime than anyone else? The police don't have unlimited time and resources so even if non-blacks do commit crime, does it not make sense to put your effort towards the group that commits the most offenses as it would have the most impact?

Really? Why don't you take that stormfront crap to their webpage. Blacks are CHARGED and convicted more than any other group. Besides if you target the poor neighborhoods constantly and never venture out to the suburbs of course you are going to get more poor and minorities in that situation

So for example if whites committed 10 offenses for every 50 committed by blacks per day, do you really think it makes sense to put more effort and resources to reduce those 10 white offenses rather than the 50 black offenses?? Do you think that's getting the most bang for your buck?

How about if you patrol every area equally, the ratio would not be so different.

Not saying that some cops might be racist or unfairly targeting some minorities, but again do you really believe that police in general don't have a reason to target blacks, latinos etc when it comes to fighting and reducing crime especially when it comes to violent crime?

So what is the reason for the spike in white collar crimes that affects millions of people, do you discount them as well?

Also whites DO NOT commit 'just as much crime' as blacks do.

FBI — Table 43

Look at those numbers between whites and blacks and remember that there are 223 million whites in the US vs 42 million blacks and then do a per capita comparison. The crime rates are HUGELY higher for blacks than it is for whites.

So is the proverty rate, the rate of false inprisonment, forced confessions, housing, unemployment ect. so what is your point?

And even if you still insist on saying whites get let off more often than blacks do, even if you DOUBLED the number of arrests for whites the number is STILL LOWER than it is for blacks by a significant margin on a per capita basis.
Not if you take into account of false charges, forced confessions, inadequate defense (public pretenders), crooked police officers/district atty and bias judges I doubt very seriously if the numbers would not be so different.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:18 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,163,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Report: African-Americans compose 28 percent of Oakland's population, 62 percent of police stops - San Jose Mercury News

OAKLAND -- Police stop and search African-Americans at a far higher rate than other racial groups in Oakland, according to a police report released Monday that has renewed concerns about racial profiling in the city.

African-Americans, who compose 28 percent of Oakland's population, accounted for 62 percent of police stops from last April to November, the report found. The figures also showed that stops of African-Americans were more likely to result in felony arrests.

However, while African-Americans were far more likely to be searched by police upon being stopped, officers were no more likely to recover contraband from searching African-Americans than members of other racial groups.
Who commits the most crime in Oakland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies