Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 07:14 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,030,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post

Remove any assistance for those creating increased tax burdens by removing the incentives associated with procreation as well as to penalize any deviation from such.

I have nothing but disgust and contempt for those that for generations have been nothing but parasitic to those that actually own their struggle, rise above their situation and pay their own way.
If a family has generations of people on welfare then the system is clearly broken.....

Welfare needs time limits, if you can't get back on your feet in 36 months or less then a lifetime of assistance won't help much either. Living in section 8, collecting minimal benefits isn't really living much of an existence anyway is it?

Old 10-15-2013, 07:26 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Hilarious!! Humans are animals John, and they do breed. You can homogenize and sanitize the definition of the act of procreation all you want but at the end of the day humans breed.
They breed when they shouldn't and they breed when they "" feel "" it necessary to do so.

It's the breeding by those that feel they have nothing else to call their own that causes the greatest harm to the tax base.
The perpetuation of multi generational poverty is only perpetuated by the breeding of those that can least afford dependents.

Remove any assistance for those creating increased tax burdens by removing the incentives associated with procreation as well as to penalize any deviation from such.

The financial burden to society by those that perpetuate the welfare class is massive. If those that have caused such a financial burden were never born we as a country would be light years ahead of where we currently find ourselves.

Notice I said perpetuate the welfare class, not those that are in need of public assistance in order to pull themselves up and begin again.

I have nothing but praise for those that have not succumbed to a lifestyle of financial dependency for
X number of generations but have given it their all to rise above their situation.

I have nothing but disgust and contempt for those that for generations have been nothing but parasitic to those that actually own their struggle, rise above their situation and pay their own way.
There is nothing hilarious about this discussion. Quite the opposite. As I've said before in this thread, I know the dictionary definition. I also know the biological classification. In any conversation or debate, however, the context and choice of words used by the participants is part of the meaning. The choice of words used by the other poster, with whom I am finished debating, and their blatantly derogatory usage, shows his position and character to be one of hatred. He has admitted it outright. Also as I've stated before, you'll get no argument from me that there aren't those who abuse and cheat the system. I also agree that steps need to be taken to break the chain of dependency where it truly exists, which is a much larger societal issue than just feeding the hungry. That does not mean there aren't still truly needy people. Kreutz advocates letting those people, the truly needy, literally starve. That is an abhorrent position to take, or defend.

The occurrences in Walmart were disgraceful. Those responsible should face consequences. Those responsible. No one else.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
There is nothing hilarious about this discussion. Quite the opposite. As I've said before in this thread, I know the dictionary definition. I also know the biological classification. In any conversation or debate, however, the context and choice of words used by the participants is part of the meaning. The choice of words used by the other poster, with whom I am finished debating, and their blatantly derogatory usage, shows his position and character to be one of hatred. He has admitted it outright. Also as I've stated before, you'll get no argument from me that there aren't those who abuse and cheat the system. I also agree that steps need to be taken to break the chain of dependency where it truly exists, which is a much larger societal issue than just feeding the hungry. That does not mean there aren't still truly needy people. Kreutz advocates letting those people, the truly needy, literally starve. That is an abhorrent position to take, or defend.

The occurrences in Walmart were disgraceful. Those responsible should face consequences. Those responsible. No one else.

I never said the situation was hilarious I found humor in your act of defending a term for procreation that is better used in the pulpit than in the scientific definition of perpetuating the human race.

Assisting those in need of temporary help is far far different than creating a multi generational welfare state that does nothing but destroy the incentive to achieve and the need to feel pride in ones own accomplishments.

I remember learning to ride a bicycle. My father would assist me at the beginning but it was up to me to continue to ride relying on no one else s assistance but my own. I fell many times and one time cracked my skull open from flying over the handlebars learning to ride, but I learned the key points to survival concerning not falling and hurting myself, this is what lacking in the multi generational welfare state.

It's sad, it's ugly and it's unfair but no one guarantee's anything in life but the starting line, after the gun goes off it's up to the individual to decide what he or she is going to do with that life despite real or percieved handicaps.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:38 AM

4 posts, read 5,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Amazing humanity survived this long without handouts. God I can't wait until these things go down for good.
I guess you're like...10? "Handouts" existed before food stamps, my friend. They might have been churches and whatnot, but they existed.

Oh and did you ever see pics from the Great Depression and the soup lines?

Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 AM

Default What is going on with you?

No, really? People who lack empathy scare me.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:09 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,679,527 times
If I had the time, which I don't, it would be interesting to look at the posting history of some
of the people that are so outraged that we should actually help the less fortunate.

I would be curious to see if they are equally outraged by corporate welfare.
Were they outraged that Haliburton got no bid contracts from Cheney?
How about the billions that the "too big to fail" banks got?
And the billions the oil companies get?

Selective outrage tells me something about their motives and reasoning ability.

Last edited by Eddyline; 10-15-2013 at 10:10 AM..

Old 10-15-2013, 09:57 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
It's about control folks .
Why do you think the dems want to relax immigration laws and stiffen gun laws ,not because they care about people but because the illegals tend to vote democrat, ignorant of their real agendas.
Why make stiffer gun laws, criminals vote democrat ,they could care less about gun laws. Democrats relax morality laws hence all the liars in congress.
Democrats have been the biggest spenders and the Republicans are figuring out how to pay for it.
Neither side are perfect but the fact of the mater is , spending to get power of the vote or relaxing the immigration laws, is wrong.
Congress should be cutting their own paycheck .
Like that's going to happen .
So far as welfare and other assistance funds ,these could have been avoided long ago if they had never been introduced. But they now exist , for good or for bad, we have to work to ways that are going to make a stronger nation and not weaken it further.
The problem is we have a president that is desperately trying to tear down this country being both Muslim and Marxist.

As long as people are supporting him, there is no means of fixing any thing.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:13 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,985,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It's about control folks .
Why do you think the dems want to relax immigration laws and stiffen gun laws ,not because they care about people but because the illegals tend to vote democrat, ignorant of their real agendas.
Why make stiffer gun laws, criminals vote democrat ,they could care less about gun laws. Democrats relax morality laws hence all the liars in congress.
Democrats have been the biggest spenders and the Republicans are figuring out how to pay for it.
Neither side are perfect but the fact of the mater is , spending to get power of the vote or relaxing the immigration laws, is wrong.
Congress should be cutting their own paycheck .
Like that's going to happen .
So far as welfare and other assistance funds ,these could have been avoided long ago if they had never been introduced. But they now exist , for good or for bad, we have to work to ways that are going to make a stronger nation and not weaken it further.
The problem is we have a president that is desperately trying to tear down this country being both Muslim and Marxist.

As long as people are supporting him, there is no means of fixing any thing.
This is not supposed to be a politics forum. I agreed with a little bit of your post, but you lose all credibility when you claim Obama is a Muslim and a Marxist. Are you a Birther, too?

Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
It is indeed.

I've been there and never took any aid. I found work others weren't willing to do, like unloading cargo containers in the summer, I've temped, and I've joined the military. There is always something out there.

You make it sound as though employers have some sort of obligation to hire; they do not. They have an obligation to maximize profits. If one cannot find work they must examine why. Perhaps they need new skills. Perhaps update old ones. Perhaps they need to move. Perhaps they should start their own business.

Well, i have been there. I worked but barely could make ends meet with two small kids and a wife who couldn't work (the cost of child care would have rendered her income moot)....so I worked more. I took on side projects. And one day I was able to start my own business thanks to those side projects and I still work at it, making roughly six times what I used to working for someone else and I now pay more in taxes than I used to gross in an entire year.

Ambition really does unlock a lot of doors. I'm not especially fit, smart, or good looking and I come from moderately functional alcoholic parents who weren't good at keeping the rats out....so If I could do it, anyone could.

The key is no hand-outs. Ever.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winnah!

So here is my take on you: you are an Adult Child of an Alcoholic who is carrying around deep shame from your past. When you see these pathetic characters, it triggers something within you that makes you have aversion towards it. But your rigid thinking (a trait of ACOAs) does not permit you to see the whole picture. You see things in black and white and your boundaries are too rigid.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 AM

32 posts, read 35,840 times
Yeah ppl actually need food stamps. I'm tired of everyone acting like everybody who gets help from the government are lazy ppl who don't work. They work they just don't make enough, things can get expensive and just learn how to cut off some slack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies