Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:31 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times

Advertisements

This is sad and I hope that it is fixed soon. Little kids have to eat.

Computer Upgrade Blamed For Nationwide EBT System Shutdown On Saturday « CBS Boston

Old 10-12-2013, 03:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
This is sad and I hope that it is fixed soon. Little kids have to eat.

Computer Upgrade Blamed For Nationwide EBT System Shutdown On Saturday « CBS Boston
Mcdonalds is still open

Old 10-12-2013, 03:43 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Various media outlets are stating that all states (17; among them are Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Maine, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Virginia) which use Xerox systems are affected by the outage and not caused by the government shutdown. Technicians are said to be working on it and the system should be restored soon.

Susan Boatwright, a spokeswoman for DFCS has said that Xerox will guarantee up to a $40 meal voucher for people during the outage and store owners can handle that transaction manually.

Good news for families and children as well as anyone else who depends on these benefits to feed themselves.

Electronic food stamp system down across nation | www.ajc.com

Old 10-12-2013, 08:24 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Amazing humanity survived this long without handouts. God I can't wait until these things go down for good.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Amazing humanity survived this long without handouts. God I can't wait until these things go down for good.
By "this long" do you mean until the 1930s? That's when the food stamp program started in the US. I doubt it will ever "go down for good" but if it ever does hopefully it will be right after people who make statements like that need it.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:33 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
By "this long" do you mean until the 1930s? That's when the food stamp program started in the US. I doubt it will ever "go down for good" but if it ever does hopefully it will be right after people who make statements like that need it.
Good post. I feel like starting a campaign against the mean spirited resentful people who begrudge anyone any scrap of anything. So many have so much but they don't think a little bit could be spared so that human beings could eat and stay alive.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,193,944 times
Quote:
^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Good post. I feel like starting a campaign against the mean spirited resentful people who begrudge anyone any scrap of anything. So many have so much but they don't think a little bit could be spared so that human beings could eat and stay alive.
^^^

I'm with you guys! There are a lot of totally arrogant individuals around who act like they have what they have because of something that they actually did, rather than by the sheer luck of the drawn of being born with healthy to the parents they got.

I bet most of these mean-spirited individuals will be trotting their butts off to church later this morning where they will undoubtedly drop a few coins in the collection plate and declare themselves "good Christians" despite having missed the entire message of Christianity!

Old 10-13-2013, 06:47 AM

Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I bet most of these mean-spirited individuals will be trotting their butts off to church later this morning where they will undoubtedly drop a few coins in the collection plate and declare themselves "good Christians" despite having missed the entire message of Christianity!
2 Thessalonians 3:10

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:55 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
^^^ ^^^

I'm with you guys! There are a lot of totally arrogant individuals around who act like they have what they have because of something that they actually did, rather than by the sheer luck of the drawn of being born with healthy to the parents they got.

Honestly, I certainly have been around long enough to realize that there are abuses and frauds committed in receiving the various government subsidies for housing, medical, and food but, yes, there is a but, I would much rather err on the side of humanity than not.

I go to the grocery store and the doctor's office so I can see for myself the people and children receiving these benefits but, what do I know of their circumstances? Really, what do I know? In the end should a child/children go without housing, medical care or food because their parents were caught off guard or worse, habitual and generational abusers of the system?

I will say that I share resentment for the perfectly coiffed mother with her beautiful mani/pedi on display and people who covertly enter this country with the sole purpose of exploiting the good will of the taxpayers of this country. But I digress, this conversation is for a new thread to accompany the many other threads of that particular nature which have been done...again and again.

BUT (yet another but) until these children grow up they still need housing, medical care, and food; for better or worse, it is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies