Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I think so too. If everybody now is eligible too get insurance and people still refuse to buy it, they should not be treated, or be forced to pay full cost for treatment

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4
So the guy that makes $21,000.00 a year, with a wife and a child, who's employer doesn't provide health insurance, and who makes too much money for Medicaid, and who makes too much money for a Government subsidy should just die? -- or face collection agency calls and a destroyed credit rating?

Is this what ACA is supposed to do to the working American?

What if, for instance, the guy was exempt per the 8% rule? .. should he still be turned away? .. or should he be allowed treatment? .. Should he have to pay for his treatment? .. or should all of the other daisey-do-gooder liberals kick in some cash to help?

My money says that this guy should be treated, as according to ACA he would be exempt .. As to having to pay? .. He shouldn't have to, because ACA already makes it a cost covered situation ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 09:59 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I recently had an outpatient surgical procedure done. Less than two hours plus recovery, then my wife drove me home. The total cost as related to me by my insurance company? $20K+ Add in the diagnostics leading up to the procedure and it's over $25K. My out-of-pocket? Under $300.

I pay about $100 per week to cover our family.

Incredible story......sad but very common.

What a sneaky group of scams hospital billing pulls off on a daily basis.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
All I'm saying is, if a person refuse to pay because they are young and healthy, and then one day **** hits the fan, they get in a car accident, then they need to pay for that, not me, not you.

If you choose to stay uninsured in 2014, and rather pay the fines, then yea, if you are an adult you should have pay out of pocket.

I have despite insurance about 1 k in medical bills. We are not thrilled about it and we don't have enough to pay it off. But we make payments every month. We are also struggling to make it and many times live paycheck to paycheck.

Everybody should contribute something! ! That would just be fare.
This new ACA is not fare at all.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
There used to be Charity Hospitals that took charity cases.

Leftists passed a law in the early 1990's forcing private hospitals to take in the indigent and deadbeats and forcing those WITH insurance (or just those who paid their bills) to pay for them.

Now we have out of control health care costs.

Let's see, who caused this problem? Even a leftist should be able to figure that out.

But.....besides that...... the leeches will be back in the ER seeking their 'free' care as soon as they neglect to pay their deductible and copays at the doctors' offices.

Within a couple years, no doctors will see patients with Obamacare insurance.

The problem isn't the system. The problem is the leeches.
There is no such thing as "Obamacare insurance". People will still have insurance through BCBS, Aetna, United Healthcare, etc. Obamacare will subsidize the less fortunate in society so that they can have insurance through these plans. Doctors will not be able to distinguish between someone who has subsidized coverage or not because people are still going to be insured through the private market.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 PM

I would be inclined to help the guy who's Government, by federal mandate, created a financial hardship for him ...

The guy that only makes $21,000.00 a year is by default, ejected from the very system that is supposed to help him.

I wonder what sort of fantasy land our federal legislators are living in - They are so seemingly detached from the real America it isn't funny.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:15 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Also, I know there are the dirt poor who has nothing. You can't pay if you live on the street. I get that. But for the working American everybody should have to pay...something.
I know that's not gonna happen but to me, that would be fare.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I would be inclined to help the guy who's Government, by federal mandate, created a financial hardship for him ...

The guy that only makes $21,000.00 a year is by default, ejected from the very system that is supposed to help him.

I wonder what sort of fantasy land our federal legislators are living in - They are so seemingly detached from the real America it isn't funny.

Under the ACA a 27 year old making 21,000 a year could get the Bronze plan for $702 and the Silver Plan for $1157. This is very reasonable. Total premiums for Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D are way past $10,000 for each recipient.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:45 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Call me cruel,but I think EMTLA should be repealed.

When will people learn it isn't free?
All those tea partiers and republicans will get what they ask for.
Don't want to get health insurance?
Don't think you need it?
Well,don't show up in the ER trying to get for free,even if you are having a heart attack.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:46 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post

Hmm,in Ny a guy that makes that much qualifies for Medicaid.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Under the ACA a 27 year old making 21,000 a year could get the Bronze plan for $702 and the Silver Plan for $1157. This is very reasonable. Total premiums for Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D are way past $10,000 for each recipient.
His rent is probably $700.00 a month (average monthly rent)

Sure, take $8,500 away from the guy and reduce his income to $12,000 - real smart move there - Just wondering how he's supposed to eat, pay his car insurance, rent, and raise his kid on that sort of income in today's economy ...

Welfare won't see the $12,000 a year .. they'll see the $21,000 .. the guy's going to starve or freeze to death or both this coming winter.

Hope and Change Baby -- Hope and Change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies