Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,406 posts, read 18,871,505 times
Reputation: 8909

Advertisements

Pro-gun groups plan 'Guns Save Lives' day on Newtown massacre anniversary - NY Daily News

I'm with Bill Maher on this one. I wish none of us had guns. I don't think we will ever be able to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't think this country will ever be able to adequately ban guns. Because of that, I think it is more practical to allow the public to be armed, but for violent felons with a history and potentially violent people with mental problems.

The anti-gun people, to my mind, are very idealistic, but impractical.

I'm surprised at the bias in this article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 AM
 
6,331 posts, read 5,178,178 times
Reputation: 1640
Guns Save Lives?

Not the lives of the people at the receiving end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:12 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,892,351 times
Reputation: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Pro-gun groups plan 'Guns Save Lives' day on Newtown massacre anniversary - NY Daily News

I'm with Bill Maher on this one. I wish none of us had guns. I don't think we will ever be able to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't think this country will ever be able to adequately ban guns. Because of that, I think it is more practical to allow the public to be armed, but for violent felons with a history and potentially violent people with mental problems.

The anti-gun people, to my mind, are very idealistic, but impractical.

I'm surprised at the bias in this article.
I wanna wish gun groups a very happy Newtown massacre aniversary party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Behind enemy lines
709 posts, read 652,268 times
Reputation: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Guns Save Lives?

Not the lives of the people at the receiving end.
Sometimes those at the receiving end shouldn't be alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,001 posts, read 34,914,339 times
Reputation: 7875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Guns Save Lives?

Not the lives of the people at the receiving end.
I don't know, I once saw a bullet give a man the heimlich maneuver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 AM
 
4,488 posts, read 4,971,229 times
Reputation: 13298
Cars save lives?, if none of us had a car there would be a lot fewer deaths too. Just like guns, if a car is used carelessly it can kill people. I do agree that people with mental problems and violent tendencies should not be allowed to have a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:16 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,892,351 times
Reputation: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Cars save lives?, if none of us had a car there would be a lot fewer deaths too. Just like guns, if a car is used carelessly it can kill people. I do agree that people with mental problems and violent tendencies should not be allowed to have a gun.
Or drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Billings, MT
9,885 posts, read 10,860,118 times
Reputation: 14178
I'm not surprised at all at the bias shown in the article.
It is typical. As is the continual innuendos (and, often, blatant statements) about gun owners having lustful sexual relationships with inanimate objects! It seems many of the antis are VERY hung up on SEX!
I certainly AM surprised at the continuing call for more Background Checks, though. Some people just won't learn!
It is a FACT that the Navy Yard shooter filled out the paperwork, and PASSED the required background check to purchase the shotgun he used. Then, he illegally sawed it off, and used it to kill 12 people!
Yessir, that BACKGROUND CHECK sure saved lives, didn't it! Of course, the BC proponents ignore THAT "Inconvenient Truth".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 AM
 
11,768 posts, read 10,189,604 times
Reputation: 3444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I'm not surprised at all at the bias shown in the article.
It is typical. As is the continual innuendos (and, often, blatant statements) about gun owners having lustful sexual relationships with inanimate objects! It seems many of the antis are VERY hung up on SEX!
I certainly AM surprised at the continuing call for more Background Checks, though. Some people just won't learn!
It is a FACT that the Navy Yard shooter filled out the paperwork, and PASSED the required background check to purchase the shotgun he used. Then, he illegally sawed it off, and used it to kill 12 people!
Yessir, that BACKGROUND CHECK sure saved lives, didn't it! Of course, the BC proponents ignore THAT "Inconvenient Truth".
The pink elephant with the entire gun issue is that most of the gun deaths involve cheap handguns and gangs. Yet, people want to focus on rifles. And these people actually expect to be taken seriously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 AM
 
20,948 posts, read 18,933,595 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Pro-gun groups plan 'Guns Save Lives' day on Newtown massacre anniversary - NY Daily News

I'm with Bill Maher on this one. I wish none of us had guns. I don't think we will ever be able to keep guns out of the hands of criminals so I don't think this country will ever be able to adequately ban guns. Because of that, I think it is more practical to allow the public to be armed, but for violent felons with a history and potentially violent people with mental problems.

The anti-gun people, to my mind, are very idealistic, but impractical.

I'm surprised at the bias in this article.
Yet, bill maher is protected by men with guns.

Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top