Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 04:46 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
What difference does it make. You are being forced into interstate Commerce against your will.

Or pay what equates to a Head Tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:47 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
Birth control pills can be health care depending on the reason they are being prescribed.
Yeap. Older women are at high risk of having children with down's syndrome. For some women pregancy is life threating and birth control is cheaper than delivery or abortion in all cases.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
We need to do everything in our power to ensure this sort of thing never happens again.

Amen & Amen to that.

Old 10-13-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
BINGO!!!!!

Your wife will never have another pregnancy or delivery because she already did. Meanwhile, at the time she did bear your children the premiums paid by other policy holders paid in large measure for the expenses of your wife's prenatal care, delivery, hospitalization, postnatal care, and your children's medical expenses.

Now that you have yours it's time to put the old checkbook in lockdown mode, huh?

Typical conservative taker.

Um yeah, uh huh, alright.
I paid for your collision repair back in '92.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:13 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Your question begs another, have you ever purchased any kind of basic insurance policy?

If you purchase a basic home owners insurance policy do you try to get a reduction on fire protection for the garage because, well we don't use it. Or perhaps asked for a reduction on your collision insurance because the right fender is already dented so you don't want that part of the car insured? I think not.

The states have long regulate basic minimums for insurance coverage, now the federal government has established basic minimums. You now cannot deny insurance for pre-existing conditions, you can't cap life time benefits because you actually used your policy and has set minimum coverage at 60% of costs. The program does not micro manage (as some have suggested) what basic necessary medical conditions such as elective surgery (see cosmetic surgery).
If you read my posts in this thread you would already know my personal policy is expiring dec 2014. I renewed it till then because the other options were not better.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Yeap. Older women are at high risk of having children with down's syndrome. For some women pregancy is life threating and birth control is cheaper than delivery or abortion in all cases.
The pill is also prescribed for other conditions; sometimes for acne, PMS, endometriosis and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
Other Reasons to Take the Pill

Old 10-13-2013, 06:22 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
The average joe doesn't need to know why someone else is being presecribed a medication. There is no excuse for the debate on birth control pills.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Lets look at the mandate a little differently.

If someone doesnt need prenatal and maternity coverage should they have to purchase a policy that covers those things?

Say your married and you wife has had a histerectimy or her tubes tied. Say shes unable to have babies, what about a gay couple who cant have children.

Should thier premium be higher because of a coverage they will never need.
It's all part of the new welfare, forcing others to pay for their desires, instead of doing so themselves.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:17 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's all part of the new welfare, forcing others to pay for their desires, instead of doing so themselves.
Well last time I checked child birth and most medical procedures require personel to be safely performed so somone has to paid no matter what(i.e this isn't like cutting your own hair.) And like it or not no matter how rich or poor you are you will get sick. You will at some point need medical attention and so society has to do something.

Not like you put the baby's birth on hold since you got pregant and your husband lost his job.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Well last time I checked child birth and most medical procedures require personel to be safely performed so somone has to paid no matter what(i.e this isn't like cutting your own hair.) And like it or not no matter how rich or poor you are you will get sick. You will at some point need medical attention and so society has to do something.

Not like you put the baby's birth on hold since you got pregant and your husband lost his job.

Well stated. You don't know when an accident is going to happen. I like the Allstate auto commercials because you just don't know. I went more than 20 years and then my son and I in separate accidents in todays dollars would have cost way more than $100,00. My out of pocket costs were about $300. There is at least a 25% chance you will get involved in a serious accident and they wont all be in cars where the other guy is at fault. Ever thought about what happens if you fall off a roof or a ladder??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies