Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 10:23 AM

275 posts, read 192,335 times

Advertisements

When this happened I only saw a still pic of the buggies left behind then they showed a video. All I could do is shake my head in amazement and think these people are pigs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 10:39 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,419,157 times
Sounds kind of shady and dishonest to me, but were they breaking any laws? Cause I'm willing to bet that if this was some multimillion dollar company lining their pockets by doing something shady and dishonest but still legal the right would have no problem with it, and anybody who did would be accused of class warfare

Old 11-14-2013, 10:42 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,419,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There was work for welfare programs. I started a thread about it but because included the words "work for welfare" it was ignored.

Federal Emergency Relief Administration was the name given by the Roosevelt Administration to the Emergency Relief Administration (ERA) which President Herbert Hoover had created in 1932. The main goal was alleviating household unemployment by creating new unskilled jobs in local and state government. Jobs were more expensive than direct cash payments (called "the dole"), but were psychologically more beneficial to the unemployed, who wanted any sort of job, for self-esteem. The CWA created construction jobs, mainly improving or constructing buildings and bridges.

The left says we need to improve our infrastructure. So instead demanding more money from the tax payer, instead of giving money away and paying other welfare subsidies make them productive part of society and make them work on the roads and bridges. I can hear the screeching now.
Work for welfare?? If you're working for it it's not welfare

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,623,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sounds kind of shady and dishonest to me, but were they breaking any laws? Cause I'm willing to bet that if this was some multimillion dollar company lining their pockets by doing something shady and dishonest but still legal the right would have no problem with it, and anybody who did would be accused of class warfare
Of course they were breaking the law. It's no different than floating a hot check.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,153,078 times
Wouldn't it be funny, if Walmart kept a running total of all the money owed, and every month submitted the amount owed against each ebt card the day the money went in, until they were paid up the amount owed on each ebt card.....

Old 11-14-2013, 11:08 AM

37,939 posts, read 17,761,158 times
Quote:
Kind of shady? It's theft plain and simple. Kind of pfffftt
People rob the system and your comment is falsely portraying the right by making something up. AND have the lunacy to ask if they were breaking any laws. What a defective thought process.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:16 AM

52,329 posts, read 34,057,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Kind of shady? It's theft plain and simple. Kind of pfffftt
People rob the system and your comment is falsely portraying the right by making something up. AND have the lunacy to ask if they were breaking any laws. What a defective thought process.
far-left liberal looniness knows no bounds.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:08 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,853,371 times
Quote:
Sounds kind of shady and dishonest to me, but were they breaking any laws?
If you write a bad check that's a crime, why should this be any different? There is escalating penalties for bad check and based on the amounts of merchandise in some of those abandoned carts it could be enough to send you to jail if it were a check. These people aren't going over their balance by few dollars but hundreds of dollars.

No excuse for it no what the case is, it's pure greed.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,992,028 times
Quote:
And people will keep making excuses for lowlife scumbags who jump on any opportunity to grab something for free.

This, in my book, was equal to looting and these scum should have been shot on sight.

Old 11-14-2013, 05:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,520,863 times
According to Fox News, more than 12,000 received an insufficient funds notice when the EBT card system was corrected. Louisiana intentions are to not pay Walmart because it failed to adhere to the rules of the program in the event of an outage. At the same time the state intends to strip food stamp benefits from anyone who took advantage of an EBT card malfunction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies