Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:42 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
True. But just because Barack Obama proclaims "affordability" does not mean that a government-mandated insurance policy is actually "affordable."

Affordability is relative to the individual and to the family in question. So, if the insurance is still not affordable, and people have to pay a fine because they can't afford the insurance, how does that help the situation? Not only do they not have insurance, they now have fewer dollars to pay for basic life expenses because they now pay a fine.

You understand these very real scenarios, right?
No I dont!

Your senarios are "very real" only if you can point to a very real life case. You yourself use hypotheticals to explain a disastrous senario.

..."Not only do they not have insurance, they now have fewer dollars to pay for basic life expenses because they now pay a fine".

pure conjecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Funny they want "smaller government" but still want real time reports on the most trivial aspects of ACA. Who's gonna pay for accumulating and processing that information?

Old 10-14-2013, 11:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
accountabilitry cost money. You want government services. Pay up. Pay your debt bill.
So does a dictionary.

Ah the obtuse argument.

I don't want "Great Society" services. However as a tax payer that has put close to a million into State and Federal coffers over the last 30+ years that I have been paying taxes I demand accountability for any government program.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
There should be plenty of Brownshirts available to track and process the information. But of course Dear Leader doesn't want to confirm what we already know.
if you already know, why do you continuously ask? be satified in your knowledge.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So does a dictionary.

Ah the obtuse argument.

I don't want "Great Society" services. However as a tax payer that has put close to a million into State and Federal coffers over the last 30+ years that I have been paying taxes I demand accountability for any government program.
you can demand whatever you like...

You may have been paying taxes, but not your cut. we are in debt. Your bill is due.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
True. But just because Barack Obama proclaims "affordability" does not mean that a government-mandated insurance policy is actually "affordable."

Affordability is relative to the individual and to the family in question. So, if the insurance is still not affordable, and people have to pay a fine because they can't afford the insurance, how does that help the situation? Not only do they not have insurance, they now have fewer dollars to pay for basic life expenses because they now pay a fine.

You understand these very real scenarios, right?
affordability is subjective, however to compare out of packet expense for affordable health care premium and or, the fine is nothing compared to the people needing medical care that don't have it now. millions not able to be insured because of caps or pre diagnosed conditions is barbaric at best.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
it isn't any of your business what's medically wrong with people who sign up.
As long as our tax dollars are being funneled into subsidies used to prop up other people, yes it's plenty of our business. It's easy to explain who is signing up without putting out any personal info on the people.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:

You may have been paying taxes, but not your cut. we are in debt. Your bill is due.
I've paid my cut and hundreds of others. Price of working hard.

Time to pay for your own mistakes.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:

Spoken like a true Democrat.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Funny they want "smaller government" but still want real time reports on the most trivial aspects of ACA. Who's gonna pay for accumulating and processing that information?
"Who's gonna pay for accumulating and processing that information?"

1. The data is already "accumulated." That's kind of what a database is for. The "hard" part is extracting what you want from it.

2. I'm sure they have a team of database administrators on hand that they're already paying.

If I knew the database schema (and the people who work on it do already know it) and had direct access to the database, I could have the answer to the OP's question in 30 seconds or less. Your response is nothing but a deflection, or simply ignorance of the technology involved.

It costs nothing but a little time to generate a report. There are people that already have the answer to the OP's question. It's a trivial question to answer, if you have access to the data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies