Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
Do you REALLY think that deep down, people are actually showing acceptance of that lifestyle? Could it be that they're just sick and tired of your moaning and whaling...and are hoping that if you get what you say you want, you'll retreat and hopefully blend into the landscape with everyone else. Even the most liberal state in the union has never even had a majority vote to allow gays the right to marry....and you say the rest of the country moves forward?

Where is this "deep down"? I always hear Christians talking about it. And who cares anyway? They wanted to rent a building, not get a personal blessing.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
Its not gay people its the Ceremony........
No, it most certainly is the gay people.

Their business is to rent this hall out to members of the public to hold private events. If any straight couple had tried to rent this hall for such a ceremony, it would have been allowed. Here, it was disallowed BECAUSE GAY. The only reason they refused to rent this hall out in this instance was BECAUSE GAY PEOPLE.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

423 posts, read 414,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Where is this "deep down"? I always hear Christians talking about it. And who cares anyway? They wanted to rent a building, not get a personal blessing.
When saying deep down....it's like someone being nice to you in person, not to make a scene. But just the same, would rather have nothing to do with you.

I can't vouch for what a Christian would say. There are few things I have more derision for than religion.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:24 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,454 times
Quote:
Do you REALLY think that deep down, people are actually showing acceptance of that lifestyle? Could it be that they're just sick and tired of your moaning and whaling...and are hoping that if you get what you say you want, you'll retreat and hopefully blend into the landscape with everyone else. Even the most liberal state in the union has never even had a majority vote to allow gays the right to marry....and you say the rest of the country moves forward?
What lifestyle?
Oh, gay lifestyle? Well, I live a hetero lifestyle.
See if you can find which sentence(s) is absurd.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,454 times
Quote:
When saying deep down....it's like someone being nice to you in person, not to make a scene. But just the same, would rather have nothing to do with you.

I can't vouch for what a Christian would say. There are few things I have more derision for than religion.
You have more derision for gays. Neither deserve it.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:

Deep down isn't real or something you can determine then is it? So why pretend you can?

Old 10-14-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
What lifestyle?
No need to play dumb.

What are we talking about here? Homosexuality.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:28 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
No need to play dumb.

What are we talking about here? Homosexuality.
Which is in no way a "lifestyle."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayid Linus View Post
You have more derision for gays. Neither deserve it.
No....definitely more so for religion.

You're right. Probably neither deserve it. But it's the way I feel and I'm not going to change my outlook on either of them because someone says I should.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanynna View Post
I agree,
If I wasnt being served because of my race, color, religion, gender, gay or straight I would feel discriminated.
But the its not so black and white as many would like it be, theres a grey area here, that should be addressed.
So, my religious beliefs say that I can not serve someone of your race or gender, or I will go to hell. Why should I have to follow the law, but not you? Are your religious beliefs more important than mine in the eyes of the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies