Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There will never be a post-racial society, unfortunately. It just that the racists race/skin color/ethnicity is changing. There is evidence of it right here in post #162 in the white race hater's remarks.
And how exactly is the poster a white race hater? The poster was pointing out the problems that we should solve, there is a difference between criticizing the attitudes and actions of someone vs. actively hating someone. It's just that you don't want to hear the message because you don't like your thoughts and beliefs challenged. I'd judge that you fall into the 1st category of persons who wish that people of color should just shut up and stay quiet about the issues in our society.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:58 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And how exactly is the poster a white race hater? The poster was pointing out the problems that we should solve, there is a difference between criticizing the attitudes and actions of someone vs. actively hating someone. It's just that you don't want to hear the message because you don't like your thoughts and beliefs challenged. I'd judge that you fall into the 1st category of persons who wish that people of color should just shut up and stay quiet about the issues in our society.
The poster is always on the attack of white Americans especially is you are a conservative. It's been going on for months if not years. It's one thing to express one's views (and of course they are always race/party attacks) regardless of your race or ethnicity but beating it to death day in and day out to the point of being outright insulting is quite another.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
The poster is always on the attack of white Americans especially is you are a conservative. It's been going on for months if not years. It's one thing to express one's views (and of course they are always race/party attacks) regardless of your race or ethnicity but beating it to death day in and day out to the point of being outright insulting is quite another.
Well, we can say the same thing about your gratuitous rants about Latinos and fear mongering on immigration, which very well are characterized by your descriptive. Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:10 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Well, we can say the same thing about your gratuitous rants about Latinos and fear mongering on immigration, which very well are characterized by your descriptive. Put your money where your mouth is.
I don't rant about Latinos. What I object to is illegal immigration and those who support it for ethnocentric reasons. It's fear mongering to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Really?

Old 01-16-2014, 08:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I would love so much for this to happen. But it won't! our political arena won't allows this too. And we all know why don't we.

Many people are past the BS with racial issues, not paying attention to a person's color but the essence the person holds from within. Their character is of importance naturally and if they are decent or bad. Who cares about color, I never have, and always got along well with others. I look more at the character and integrity of the person, are they liars, most people loathe those who lie.

Hate to say it, I still see sides of racism from different groups even here in 2014 which to me is very sad. No problem with those people who don't break our laws and rules of this land. But any one group should also not be rewarded for wanting the American dream, but not wanting to become a citizen of this land. Probably won't happen in my life time, but I would love to see all aspects of racism just cease. I think there is so much more important things to worry about

Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:

He has never been about hatred. What he hates and you living in California ought to really understand his message. Is about free loathers, who come to this great land of ours, seeking a better life for their families, but breaking the laws to come here. Illegal Immigration

That is the message he has always conveyed, it has always been about illegal immigration. I don't think it is fair of you to judge someone you really honestly don't know.

I think it is so unfair of you, to say this poster outright hates someone, without you knowing for sure.

If you do not know him personally, how can you make this assumption.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
do on to others as they do on to you.. someone opens a door for ya open one back, if someone slaps you in the face, kick em in the azz....

Old 01-16-2014, 10:00 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not being a martyr. I'm just stating a historical fact. Blacks had it horrible. Slavery, followed by Jim Crow. It's a fact. It's in the annals of history, and to deny this shows a large amount of delusion. Alot of Whites were quite poor, but Whites had far more rights than Blacks ever did.

And there is nothing more distasteful than insulting someone for stating a fact.
Essays on the U.S. Color Line » Blog Archive » Myths Across the Color Line

Old 01-16-2014, 10:01 PM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,085 times
Quote:
I don't rant about Latinos. What I object to is illegal immigration and those who support it for ethnocentric reasons. It's fear mongering to want our immigration laws respected and enforced? Really?
This^

+1

Old 01-16-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, you do. And you rant about illegal immigration with a touch of xenophobia and ethnocentrism all the time - you complain about Spanish being spoken in public (is that against the law?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies