Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh spare me. The cost of that garden would have provided many many times the food for the soup kitchens.
What great example does it set? That you can have a tax payer funded garden, have a taxpayer funded gardener and do some photo ops if you get elected to the office of President?
As I said I have no issue with them having a garden. It is a beautiful garden. After 2 weeks it is allegedly a mess. This demonstrates how little the Obama's actually appreciated their own garden. Why should they? It's not like it cost them anything.
You can apologize and make excuses but the fact is a garden that size only requires a few hours of minor work a week. I know because my own garden is 40x40. Basically the same size.
It provides food to the soup kitchen? Then why has Mrs. Obama allowed the food to wither on the vines? Oh because it was a PR scam.
Good post as are the others you've posted. Some people just don't get it or refuse to get it.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Squirrels go nuts for First Lady’s garden in shutdown | New York Post

LOL So let me get this straight. We are actually paying for tax payer funded gardeners?!?!

1. Has this Admin cut back on anything within their Admin? Parties, gardens, vacations.... Economy hasnt been good, Americans have had to make sacrifices, yet what sacrifices have they made?

2. If her garden is in trouble, why doesnt her lazy azz get out there and do something about it? Whatsamatter, too much real work for you?

I guess we shouldnt be shocked. This is the Obama Admin, where its perfectly fine to party, see the world, not go through the budget as promised...all at our expense. And even worse, the media could care less and wont point out the hypocrisy and failed promises.
You must be from the city. It's fall. Summer gardens are tapped out. Squirrels got to eat.

Today's society. Go to the meglamart...that's where food comes from.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
do you know who that is and how much is added to the WH garden budget?
Nope I tried to find it but can't. What I can find is that a gardener was hired.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
As a farmer, I would like to note that farming is work; hard, physical work.
LOL, which is why the symbolic garden of the Obama's had hired people to do the work.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
I guess the dog trainer was spared and continues to collect his $102,000 taxpayer annual salary. If Michelle can't do her own gardening, do you think she would be picking up dog poop, or would the CIC possibly assign a Marine to do the heavy lifting?

Old 10-14-2013, 07:18 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I guess the dog trainer was spared and continues to collect his $102,000 taxpayer annual salary. If Michelle can't do her own gardening, do you think she would be picking up dog poop, or would the CIC possibly assign a Marine to do the heavy lifting?
...and who cleaned previous President's dog **** up? You seem to be a maven on the subject, so please clue us in.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
he's a great dog trainer, He's got the GOP healing. "Roll over, play dead"

Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Oh spare me. The cost of that garden would have provided many many times the food for the soup kitchens.
What great example does it set? That you can have a tax payer funded garden, have a taxpayer funded gardener and do some photo ops if you get elected to the office of President?
As I said I have no issue with them having a garden. It is a beautiful garden. After 2 weeks it is allegedly a mess. This demonstrates how little the Obama's actually appreciated their own garden. Why should they? It's not like it cost them anything.
You can apologize and make excuses but the fact is a garden that size only requires a few hours of minor work a week. I know because my own garden is 40x40. Basically the same size.
It provides food to the soup kitchen? Then why has Mrs. Obama allowed the food to wither on the vines? Oh because it was a PR scam.
Do you know for a fact that the garden has gone to waste? No, you don't. You also don't know if the White House gardeners are volunteering their time while laid off, as many other govt. workers are, or if the White4 House kitchen has been harvesting, or just how much time Mrs. Obama has been demanded for her official duties.
You don't know if her daughters have been harvesting, or even how much is going bad. It may only be a mess in comparison to what it was 2 weeks ago.

Like you said, a garden that size only requires a few hours a week. You are taking a lot of the OP for truth, and you know full well how that's hard to find on all sides right now.

It's not like this garden is new. It's been there for the past 4 years now.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and who cleaned previous President's dog **** up? You seem to be a maven on the subject, so please clue us in.
Probably the gardners and they used it for fertilizer in the veggie garden??

How many past presidents hired dog trainers at taxpayer expense? When you find out, get back to me.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
This thread is fail and full of kids isn't it? I have to believe that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies