Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 09:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Having closed federal monuments or memorials or having no health insurance?
Pre Obama I had complete access to both, but I paid quite a bit less.

What do you think is more painful to people? Government spending money they claim they don't have to close open air parks, or being forced to buy insurance they can't afford or face fines which they also can't afford?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Closing the WWII memorial knowing that honor flights are being organized is unnecessary and spiteful. What are the cost savings?
Democrats spare no expense when it comes to making a situation more painful for regular people.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
I'll bet alot of people were in a buthurt when they found out Obamacare was not free. When they finally get Obamacare running more people will be hurting to find their premiums and deductibles are higher. More people will be in a buthurt when the young opt to pay the fine and not the insurance because it cost too much. BUT, the Obama administration will be very happy to get more revenues.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
What is more important? Spending billions to send our kids overseas in wars that no one will explain the reasons for and only cause more problems or to spend that money here on health care?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:07 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How much do you suppose the medical bills would be to treat leukemia for a 10 year old daughter, for example?
Medicaid would pay for all of it, especially since she's a child. If health insurance was unaffordable, then qualifying for Medicaid should be no problem.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:14 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I certainly don't appreciate Obama spitting in the face of veterans who fought so we had the choice jojahn.

I had family that served, one a bombardier, my other uncle fought in the south pacific both in world war II. Neither lived to see the memorial. Many of these men will never have another opportunity to see their memorial. Another uncle that was shot in the Battle of Inchon, 3rd day, Korean war.

No, I don't appreciate this at all Obama. You are a disgrace to this country.

What I get from your post is that YOU never served. Yet another chickenhawk rightwinger who wraps himself in the flag. Considering the WWII Memorial wasn't opened until 2004, that's a lot of veterans who never got to see it.

As for me, I look forward to one day seeing the Iraq and Afghanistan memorials, having served in both. Perhaps one day you can thank me for my service.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
What I get from your post is that YOU never served. Yet another chickenhawk rightwinger who wraps himself in the flag. Considering the WWII Memorial wasn't opened until 2004, that's a lot of veterans who never got to see it.

As for me, I look forward to one day seeing the Iraq and Afghanistan memorials, having served in both. Perhaps one day you can thank me for my service.
Why are you so mad?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
As is the belief the folks who couldn't afford health insurance before, somehow can now thanks to Obamacare.
They can. I only have to ask my friend who is a freelance graphic designer who works from home who now is going to sign up for insurance. Don't let facts get in the way of you wailing though.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'll bet alot of people were in a buthurt when they found out Obamacare was not free. When they finally get Obamacare running more people will be hurting to find their premiums and deductibles are higher. More people will be in a buthurt when the young opt to pay the fine and not the insurance because it cost too much. BUT, the Obama administration will be very happy to get more revenues.
Butthurt? Are you like 13? No, only completely ignorant fools thought their insurance would be free. Those same ignorant fools that the conservative base rely on remaining ignorant. You know, the ones who vote republican. The rest of us are intelligent enough to do research for the last 3 years.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:18 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
The Republican base is covered by Medicare, Tricare, Tricare for Life, VA and private insurance. From their standpoint closing the memorial for two weeks is outrageous to try to keep the ACA.
Look at your party leaders. They are old! Your leaders look out for themselves first, and you pay for all the charity your party doles out. You will one day be tired of paying and learn to question and seek other views. I'm not saying leave your party, just be a little more thoughtful and open minded. And by "you" I mean anyone who is bogged down in partisanship.
Yes, closing the memorials was kind of a big deal and appears to have been done deliberately to cause pain to our living men and women who suffered through war. Only 17% of the government is shut down. It's just the kind of thing that would tick off a lot of people and that was the point, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies