Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:05 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,875,158 times

Advertisements

Come the 2014 election we will happily give the repubs, do nothing party, a makeover, it is called early retirement so we can get the country working properly again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 10:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
So unnamed Republican leaders indulged in "self-analysis and strategy sessions" . Well, how touch-feely. You silly libs really don't see the purpose of this article?

The few meaningful quotes were from Jindal and Jeb Bush, neither of whom have a chance for getting the GOP nod in a primary until they strap on a pair of cojones and quit criticizing their own and start going Democrats. Next up is the hopelessly lost-to-the-GOP Newt Gingrich. Newt is now officially a self-aggrandizing Washington insider and may as well give up his Republican credentials, no one in the heartland trusts or would vote for Newt.

The other quote was from a Republican consultant Sally Bradshaw who has come up firmly ensconced in the Jeb Bush school of thought that you have to get along with Democrats to go along, even if it always means waving the white flag.

So this article is all bs. Great red meat for you whiney libs, but doesn't mean diddly to those of us who think the GOP is doing a very nice job right now. The Tea Party has establishment Republicans peeing in their pants, and not only won't they defend their own, they gladly jump on the hysterical efforts by the left and the media to label TPer's as racists and misogynists. So screw establishment Republicans and screw their self-analysis. If we have to yank this stupid party apart and rebuild it, then so be it.
I really hope you guys succeed in taking the GOP further to the extreme right. Hillary in 2016!

Old 10-14-2013, 10:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,242,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When the shutdown ends, and the media pivots to the disaster that is Obamacare, then Republicans will be the farthest thing from anyone's mind. Democrats can't spend the last three years trumpeting the greatness of Obamacare, only to hide from it three years later when enrollment flops, medical industry big shots demand to be relieved of the tax burden they agreed to in exchange for higher guaranteed profits through mandatory enrollment, and a technical catastrophe of epic proportions.

No, Republicans aren't worried at all. They know what's around the corner for Democrats. Its called Obamacare and 2014 democrats are about to be in Full Scale Deflection Mode running for the hills.
Weren't you saying the same thing in 2012 as you thought the Republicans were gonna take control of the Senate and Romney was gonna win with a landslide? Instead the Republicans lost seats in the House and Senate and Obama won reelection easily. It doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on that pig, it is still a pig, and 2014 is starting to look like a repeat of 2012. Expect more seat losses on the Republicans' side.....or don't, it is always fun to prove you guys wrong after an election.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,162,003 times
Quote:
So unnamed Republican leaders indulged in "self-analysis and strategy sessions" . Well, how touch-feely. You silly libs really don't see the purpose of this article?

The few meaningful quotes were from Jindal and Jeb Bush, neither of whom have a chance for getting the GOP nod in a primary until they strap on a pair of cojones and quit criticizing their own and start going Democrats. Next up is the hopelessly lost-to-the-GOP Newt Gingrich. Newt is now officially a self-aggrandizing Washington insider and may as well give up his Republican credentials, no one in the heartland trusts or would vote for Newt.

The other quote was from a Republican consultant Sally Bradshaw who has come up firmly ensconced in the Jeb Bush school of thought that you have to get along with Democrats to go along, even if it always means waving the white flag.

So this article is all bs. Great red meat for you whiney libs, but doesn't mean diddly to those of us who think the GOP is doing a very nice job right now. The Tea Party has establishment Republicans peeing in their pants, and not only won't they defend their own, they gladly jump on the hysterical efforts by the left and the media to label TPer's as racists and misogynists. So screw establishment Republicans and screw their self-analysis. If we have to yank this stupid party apart and rebuild it, then so be it.
I think I follow your line of reasoning. The GOP/Teapublicans are as right as rain. There is nothing they can do to make themselves more palatable to a larger portion of the populace, nor should they try. Their polices have proven non-beneficial to the 99% and their lack of passing any meaningful legislation and instead concentrating on discrediting Obama is acceptable and the way representatives were meant to govern. No room for improvement and they should move or allow themselves to be pushed even farther to the right and continue to embrace extreme ideologies.........did I get that right?

Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM

513 posts, read 582,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Jan 25, 2013

After a frank assessment of the party's shortcomings, state and national officials at the Republican National Committee's winter meetings vowed, above all, to improve the image of a party that they acknowledge is seen as unwelcoming - or even hostile - to single women and the nation's growing minority population.

"You are going to see a very aggressive effort by this party to put on a different face," said Sally Bradshaw, a Florida political strategist and one of five party leaders on a panel that will study how Republicans can refurbish their image.

"It's not a particularly complicated formula: We got beat, so we have to change what we're doing," said Bradshaw, a close ally of former Florida governor Jeb Bush. "You can't do the same thing over and over again and expect to be successful the next go-around."

For Republicans, the challenge will be significant.

Bruised Republicans vow to give party's image a makeover | Reuters

This is why so many voters of the Republican base like myself hate and despise the Republican Party. This is why they lost in 2008 and 2012. This is why they will continue to lose in the future. The Republicans are at war with their own base. What kind of a business declares war on it their own customers and survives?

Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of the Republican Party telling me I need to change, I need to adapt, the world is changing, blah blah woof woof. As if to say, because government-dependent persons now outnumber me I need to surrender my liberty and my property and become a slave. Whatever happened to all men are created equal? Do I not even have the right to fight for my life and my liberty? I guess we should all just march into the gulags like good little slaves. I love how these Republican establishment figure tells us to submit single women and the "growing minority population". Single women and the growing minority population are a threat to my life, liberty, and property, so why in the hell should I or the Republican Party submit to them. I don't care if the entire Republican establishment bends over and grabs their ankles, I'm going to fight like hell for my life, liberty and property.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:

Maybe this could provide the catalyst for a viable third or fourth political party.

[that would be a win for everyone]

Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
This is why so many voters of the Republican base like myself hate and despise the Republican Party. This is why they lost in 2008 and 2012. This is why they will continue to lose in the future. The Republicans are at war with their own base. What kind of a business declares war on it their own customers and survives?

Quite frankly I'm sick and tired of the Republican Party telling me I need to change, I need to adapt, the world is changing, blah blah woof woof. As if to say, because government-dependent persons now outnumber me I need to surrender my liberty and my property and become a slave. Whatever happened to all men are created equal? Do I not even have the right to fight for my life and my liberty? I guess we should all just march into the gulags like good little slaves. I love how these Republican establishment figure tells us to submit single women and the "growing minority population". Single women and the growing minority population are a threat to my life, liberty, and property, so why in the hell should I or the Republican Party submit to them. I don't care if the entire Republican establishment bends over and grabs their ankles, I'm going to fight like hell for my life, liberty and property.
Fear is a powerful motivator. I don't want your life, liberty, and/or property nor do I want you to submit to me (whatever that means). I have enough for myself and I don't need you.

[why are you afraid of us? ]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies