Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That is what supporting the establishment is.

There is only one group pushing for dealing with spending, respecting and returning to a constitutional abiding government and its nit the establishment. Yet the Tea Party gets bashed from all sides. Why? Because they are a threat to the elitist establishment, the self serving jerks in this country.

I realize some of you eat and breath radical liberalism, so this post really isn't for you. You could care less about spending and the constitution. But those that do, you really need to think about it all. The same ones bashing the Tea Party are the same ones who have gotten this country into the trouble its been in. They bash the tea party because they feel threatened politically. The last thing they want is to control spending and reign in a powerful government.
you can do all that without calling people nazis, waving confederate flags and saying obama was born in kenya.

i dont think the message is bad, but i think the messengers are bad. nobody wants to affiliate themselves with that imagery, and that imagery isnt media created, there are many radicals in the tea party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
The Tea Party -- whether they realize it or not -- represent a small group of radicals who want to remove every last impediment to the total concentration of national wealth among a very few high-placed families.

So anyone who accuses their opponents of "élitism" has it exactly backwards.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't like the Republicans but they are the only ones able to stand up against the tyrant liberals...
I agree. The destruction of the Union is far more desirable than the fear of Tyrrany.

JFK is said to have said durring the Cuban Missile Crisis, I'd rather have my kids live Red, than be dead.

No one should want a tyranical government, but it is more faverable to a wrecked economy and american really suffering.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:02 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
The Tea Party -- whether they realize it or not -- represent a small group of radicals who want to remove every last impediment to the total concentration of national wealth among a very few high-placed families.

So anyone who accuses their opponents of "élitism" has it exactly backwards.
The fact that you're economically illiterate, and a mindless devotee of a radical ideology means your "analysis" is ... wrong.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The fact that you're economically illiterate, and a mindless devotee of a radical ideology means your "analysis" is ... wrong.
And the fact that you're a mindless partisan hack means you're utterly unable to comprehend that if the Tea Party agenda is ever implemented in full, total concentration of wealth is exactly what will happen.

I'm sure a smart fella like you knows what the Founding Fathers thought about that.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:42 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Kinda revealing how the TP posters in this thread start off by insulting anyone not in their little club and then seem to wonder why their side is slipping further behind.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Kinda revealing how the TP posters in this thread start off by insulting anyone not in their little club and then seem to wonder why their side is slipping further behind.
That's how the spoiled brat caucus operates.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Quote:
And the fact that you're a mindless partisan hack means you're utterly unable to comprehend that if the Tea Party agenda is ever implemented in full, total concentration of wealth is exactly what will happen.

I'm sure a smart fella like you knows what the Founding Fathers thought about that.
Ok, let's talk about that phrase; "total concentration of wealth".

What does that mean? Does that mean I get to KEEP my wealth? That it is not taken from me and given to someone else? I mean, it is the opposite of "redistribution of wealth", right?

Don't you ever worry that there are more and more people IN the cart than there are PULLING the cart? This really doesn't concern you at all? Pulling the cart has become harder and harder over the years. Just look at Detroit, where less than half of the adults are working. Do you want that for our future? Look at the massive fraud in disability.

There has definitely been a PR and branding issue with the Tea Party. The name means "Taxed Enough Already". It is a segment of society that has been working their whole lives and see the fruits of their labor being handed to others. It's not about "Obama is a Muslim" or racism or any of the other red herrings that the media has successfully hung around it's neck. The fact that it is a grassroots organization with no clear leader means that the media and the opposition are free to throw out baseless accusations about the Tea Party.

But if Obamacare is the train wreck that we all are pretty sure it will be, there will be a call for a third party and it will probably have its roots in the Tea Party.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Ok, let's talk about that phrase; "total concentration of wealth".
As the Founding Fathers understood it, it refers to the creation of a hereditary aristocracy. Like the foreign one against which we fought a revolution 237 years ago.

And now there's a very well-funded political movement aimed at creating one here in the U.S.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:

No, I'm just one hell of a lot smarter and better informed than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies