Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times

Advertisements

Your comparing climate change to property values as if that has anything to do with it? LOL

I do recall the Kennedy's going "ape****" when they wanted to put windmills in their ocean view. I guess thats ok though since they are Kennedy's right? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,771,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Fair point. The conservative position on this issue seems to be man does not influence climate...hence liberals on this issue have to worry about this aid increasing climate change.
It's not just climate change. Every environmental problem gets worse when you add more consumption to the equation. The world will soon have 9 billion people on it. In an ideal world, each one of those people would have some access to enough clean water, grain, energy, shelter, transportation, education, protein, medicine, and clean air.

Getting the poorest people up to a minimum level of consumption (water, energy, food) is literally a drop in the bucket in terms of ecological impact. The world has resources for everyone: we have enough land, enough water...it's just that some people are using 500x their share, leaving 1 billion with nothing. Let's get that 1 billion something, and we'll worry about the rest later.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,771,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just imagine the economic and social injustice that would be going on in this country had we the people not risen up to fight off the Brits. But now you take it to the next level and think WE should PAY for everybody else who is going through some sort of injustice. Let em fight their own war. You liberals are all war crazy. Or better yet even YOU liberals pay for it. Get your utopia fired up. I'm tire of paying for YOUR BS garbage "green" utopia. It's all a joke full of politically connected cronies stealing our money. YOu don't care though because you've bought into the "green" thing. So have the cronies...........the green they want aint the same as you though they want money.
What are you ranting on and on about? Having Revolutionary War dreams again?

Old 10-15-2013, 11:26 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
No I am speaking reality. You are off on your liberal utopia tangent like usual. Maybe next year...........lol

Old 10-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your comparing climate change to property values as if that has anything to do with it? LOL

I do recall the Kennedy's going "ape****" when they wanted to put windmills in their ocean view. I guess thats ok though since they are Kennedy's right? LOL

I didnt compare property values to climate change, i said that power plants drop property values, did you ever read my comment or did you just skim it ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies