Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
The past ban wasn't. Any legislation will at least be followed by manufacturers and retainers. That stops the retail market, drive prices up, and will essentially restrict the purchase of banned items from the public. Also, even if it happens like just said, like with marijuana, the FED will most likely still lock citizen up even if the individual state, like Texas for example, says its legal.
That is the best the grabbers can do.... make up BS law and lock us up one at a time.... For whom ever gets locked up one at a time it will be a Royal Pain in the Ass no doubt as the system of injustice sucks that way.

In Mass the cops wanted to harass me to death once and over obsolete flintlocks that are not legally counted as guns in the first place. The brain Cop dolt idiot tried over and over to open the breech of a flintlock pistol which can't be opened since it is a flintlock MUZZELOADER. After I let him waste about 45 minutes of my time and got bored of him I demanded he take my truck, trailer assorted mountain man gear and the HORSE to a lock up and the SPCA, and then the next thing he would know is that BILLS would start to pour in and in court i would SUE the shirt off his back and his captains back and they would both live happily ever after flipping burger doodles at Mick Dee's.

And with that and no further ado I was released to go about my personal business which at the time was go the rest of the way home from a Buckskinners shoot in Pa to my home in NH. had he pushed the issue with the loss of his mental awareness and I do believe he would have had a accident with his own Glock. For me it has come to the point that if you represent the system of injustice and are not prepared to back up your own BS then I will and it won't be very pretty.

I am not impressed by blue or black uniforms. My son still has Va Swat mt gear..

Thank you Va tax payers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was a state issue. I was referring to Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:08 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Because of the far right in the republican party, I think that there's a legitimate chance for the Dems to at least gain enough seats
That's debatable...

Quote:
to push a ban through. That will be one of their top priories.
Won't happen.

If it didn't happen after Newtown, it's not going to. It's not a Dem vs. Rep thing. It's a civil rights thing. There were plenty of Dems that were against the various gun control bills being pushed after Newtown, and there's no reason to believe that they would have changed their mind in the last few months.

Maybe you haven't noticed (or simply didn't want to see it), but over the past two or three decades, the trend all around the country has been very strongly in support of gun rights, not gun control. The '94 AWB was a complete failure, and the Dems lost control of congress over it. They're not going to repeat that mistake.

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
That was a state issue. I was referring to Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.
That was rescinded before Heller so it wasn't part of the ruling. Read the ruling. The ruling was that people have an inherent right to own guns because of the 2nd amendment. The ruling wasn't that states couldn't ban guns, the ruling was that people have the right, period.

229 posts, read 163,719 times
Quote:
I want to ignore the 2nd amendment for a second. I'm basically asking a states vs federal rights question, and do not want it to turn into a 2nd amendment vs gun control argument.
I think we have ignored the the Constitution enough, don't you think? Or you out to completely destroy it?
You have to bring the US Constitution into the mix. It forbids gun control by any authority, period. Federal, State or local.

Last edited by GypsumCement; 10-15-2013 at 11:28 AM..

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Just like in CA and NY, they want to regulate it to the point that people won't even bother. There will be so many laws and regulations that people will also fear the consequences of breaking any of them. They aren't going to start a war by outright banning and/or going after guns. They'll use tragedy after tragedy to gain public support for one small restriction after another. As long as I can still move to states that have liberal gun laws, I'm happy.
Those states seem to be way out of bounds to me, but i don't know what their cons is if any.... I carry in NY all the time NJ Md too not to mention Mass. I have family in all of these states but NJ.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM

229 posts, read 163,719 times
The unique thing about the 2nd amendment, in the wording and intent, is that it explains fully well that every individual has the right to use the 2nd amendment against anyone trying to take the 2nd amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies