Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:45 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It wasn't a GOP shutdown.

The closing of parks in at least some cases was unnecessary, but done just to make things difficult. This was done by Obama. But, I wouldn't call that pain. Americans are soft if they think the closing of parks is painful. I could say the high taxes I pay are painful, but I doubt you would agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 07:49 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Don't forget - The Fugitive Slave Act was the law. It was passed by Congress, signed by the President, and upheld by the Supreme Court.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:59 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
The same people who tell you we can't afford Medicare, Social Security or food stamps, applaud the wasting of $30 Million dollars *a day* on the shutdown.

Charming.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM

5,995 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You never did vote GOP.

And you never did believe in small government or the Constitution, so why are you making up fake outrage?
Small government??? The time for "small government" has long since passed. The time for that was the late 18th to mid 19th century. The way America (and the world for that matter) is today you'll never have it again. No one wants to return to a time when companies went completely unregulated. It's funny how conservatives keep throwing this out there when even their own party doesn't want it.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
You never ever voted for any republican. This sort of leftwing talking points post is as transparent as you are. LWNJ's on parade.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I guess you missed the part where the Democrats and President himself boldly refused to compromise. It's the Democrat's way or the highway. Is that how you want this country to run?
Seriously.

Do what we say or we'll shut the government down.

Those are grounds for compromise??

Old 10-16-2013, 08:16 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
Yeah, cause wanting to delay punishing the uninsured was so bad. And to even ask for such a thing is worthy of shutting down government.

1. If 0bamaCare is the law of the land why are so many parts simply being ignored, and why are the people being punished but big business and big insurance are given big fat waivers?

2. How the hell is asking not to punish people equated by you as holding people hostage?

The ignorance by so many people like you around here is amazing.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Seriously.

Do what we say or we'll shut the government down.

Those are grounds for compromise??
Exactly, don't make the dems come to the table and compromise or they will shut the government down. Tell me, what was so bad about discussing whether to wait a year before punishing the uninsured? Why was this called terrorism, to simply ask them to negotiate?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I guess you missed the part where the Democrats and President himself boldly refused to compromise. It's the Democrat's way or the highway. Is that how you want this country to run?
Well now, it's never a good idea to negotiate with terrorists.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Exactly, don't make the dems come to the table and compromise or they will shut the government down. Tell me, what was so bad about discussing whether to wait a year before punishing the uninsured? Why was this called terrorism, to simply ask them to negotiate?
Reagan: Don't Negotiate with Terrorists — History.com Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies