Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:33 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Yes, because asking to not punish fellow Americans is akin to terrorism. The people arguing like you are nothing but blind fools.

0bama delayed enforcing the out of pocket caps, so we all pay more to insurance companies. some folks have $10,000 out of pocket because of 0bama's delay. So if a family cannot afford to pay that level of insurance, you want them to be punished.

Freaking morons, siding with 0bama as he is going against the American people 0bama wants to punish them for daring to be uninsured, destroying the 40 hour week, people getting hours cut to evade his 30 hour rule, and increasing out of pocket costs.... and you call us terrorists for opposing 0bama doing that???

The damn libs tell us how concerned they are for the uninsured, how much empathy you have for the uninsured. Then you are all in favor of freaking punishing the uninsured if they can't get insured before March 31st. Heartless hypocrites, all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Obamacare is terrorism, and the Tea Party does not negotiate with terrorists . See how easy that train of thought is? You Democrats are failing into the same trap the neocons did after 9/11 with that "dissent is unpatriotic" mumbo-jumbo that we have yet to recover from. Before you get to anything else, terrorism requires physical force or the threat of it, and the Tea Party has done none of that.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:56 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,994,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
Why don't you come out of the closet and proclaim yourself the Democrat that you always were?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:12 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,430 times
I voted Libertarian the last two elections and even voted for tea bagger as my state Rep.

I will strictly vote Democrat from here on out for decades.

I cannot take Republicans seriously anymore.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
I voted Libertarian the last two elections and even voted for tea bagger as my state Rep.

I will strictly vote Democrat from here on out for decades.

I cannot take Republicans seriously anymore.
We'll mail you a framed picture of your new Queen, Pelosi. Be sure to bow to it each morning.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
What an embarrassment to the GOP and to the American people. They claim to be on the side of the American people, when in fact they are aligned with the TEA Party extremists. No wonder why 74% of Americans now disapprove of the GOP.

1. Obamacare is the LAW OF THE LAND. It was passed by the President in 2010, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012 and certainly didn't prevent Obama from being elected AGAIN in 2012.

2. Holding the country hostage to get what you want and shutting down the government is completely inexcusable.

I'm an independent and completely turned off by the GOP now. Ted Cruz is a joke. Rand Paul is a joke. All of these guys are anti-gay also. No more!
So you are against the Republicans who voted to open up the government?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Where is he headed to after the White House anyway?
A democrat fundraiser to continue lining his pockets.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Small government??? The time for "small government" has long since passed. The time for that was the late 18th to mid 19th century. The way America (and the world for that matter) is today you'll never have it again. No one wants to return to a time when companies went completely unregulated. It's funny how conservatives keep throwing this out there when even their own party doesn't want it.
Wrong ... there never was a time in the history of this country when we more desperately needed smaller government than right this second.

When people still had two brain cells functioning in their heads ... being 1 Trillion in debt was a catastrophe requiring immediate action to cut spending. Today, 17 Trillion? Let's raise the debt ceiling? When will this end? You know, you cannot keep up this massive accumulation of debt, and the equally massive creation of money out of thin air indefinitely .... the further down this path we go, the more painful the inevitable crash will be.

The real question that NONE OF YOU are apparently intelligent enough to ask is "WHY" ... why do we need to raise the "debt ceiling" .... "why" do we need to borrow money from a group of private banker gangsters, when the constitution empowers the government to create money WITHOUT interest or the imposition of any debt whatsoever?

The answer is ..... criminal gangsters have hijacked our nation .... they own the bribe taking scumbags in congress who continue to perpetrate this gross fraud upon the American people, and it needs to end, yesterday.

This gaggle of con men and this supposed "shutdown" is as much a fraud as everything else. Obama didn't have to send home the Secret Service for lack of funding, did he? Airforce One and Marine One are fully manned and at the ready to take his Highness on his next vacation ..... Michele didn't have to send any of her 21 personal assistants home on furlough ... did she? The Congress Critters are still getting paid, aren't they? NSA is fully staffed and still able to read all your emails, monitor all of your phone calls, aren't they? The wars haven't stopped ... the military assistance to Al Qaeda terrorists is still flowing .... so exactly what is "shut down" ? National Parks .... and who the frack are these government pukes who believe they own Yellowstone Park anyway? The "government" doesn't own squat .... the land is OUR LAND ... WE PAID FOR IT with our labor and our blood. The government is nothing but a collection of OUR representatives, who are elected to do what WE THE PEOPLE command them to do ... they don't own us or the land ... they work for us ... they are OUR EMPLOYEES.

Get that through your heads ... people.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 PM

Right on, GuyNTexas.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I guess you missed the part where the Democrats and President himself boldly refused to compromise. It's the Democrat's way or the highway. Is that how you want this country to run?
I guess you missed the part where they already had, significantly, before this entire non-sense began?

Are you familiar with the originally proposed budget, vs. the Ryan Budget and where it ended up? Perhaps you should do some reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies