Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I just did a Google search for "Koch Institute of Economics" and came up with zilch. You would think that if such a powerful "institute" existed and did the things that you say that it would be easily found.
sorry, called it the Institute for Economics, that isnt the name, it is the Charles Koch Institute.

but im pretty sure if you googled Koch Institute of Economics, the Charles Koch Institute would have been in your google search.

Let me google that for you

Update: Further more, this isnt all that unusual. Many companies do this on a smaller level at 2 or 3 universities that surround their head quarters. Its a way to insure the best and brightest would for them instead of someone else.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:35 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
sorry, called it the Institute for Economics, that isnt the name, it is the Charles Koch Institute.

but im pretty sure if you googled Koch Institute of Economics, the Charles Koch Institute would have been in your google search.
The website says nothing about The Charles Koch Institute "being in charge of hiring" at universities where the educational program is offered. Instead it appears to prepare strong and competent leaders for the future.

http://www.charleskochinstitute.org/educational-programs/

Quote:
Im arguing that if you google where that list comes from, you will see that the Koch Brothers have stipulations that come with their money including establishing the Koch Institute for Economics at those universities which are then in charge of hiring practices of the universities in the business,education, public relations, and economics departments.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
The website says nothing about The Charles Koch Institute "being in charge of hiring" at universities where the educational program is offered. Instead it appears to prepare strong and competent leaders for the future.

http://www.charleskochinstitute.org/educational-programs/
This is the "you have a right to drive a car on County/state and federal roads, but you have to have a license, insurance, and buy a tag first " argument.

The Charles Koch Institute runs those departments by funding them, and putting forth a curriculum that has to be taught in them before funding is transferred.

Do you think a school is going to hire a Keynesian Saltwater to teach Austian Freshwater ??????

Old 07-02-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
So are you arguing "brain washing" is ok as long as it is done under the guise of "preparing strong and competent leaders for the future" ?????????

Old 07-02-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
This is the "you have a right to drive a car on County/state and federal roads, but you have to have a license, insurance, and buy a tag first " argument.

The Charles Koch Institute runs those departments by funding them, and putting forth a curriculum that has to be taught in them before funding is transferred.

Do you think a school is going to hire a Keynesian Saltwater to teach Austian Freshwater ??????
Did you even read the site? People have to apply for those educational programs, they are not part of any university curriculum. Quit seeing things that aren't there.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
So are you arguing "brain washing" is ok as long as it is done under the guise of "preparing strong and competent leaders for the future" ?????????
I have never argued for any brainwashing, it is you who came up with that term in reference to the topic. Was it a Freudian slip? Are you just projecting what you want done yourself?

Old 07-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I have never argued for any brainwashing
those quotation marks are there for a reason. I dont think it is brainwashing either. I think it is a different way of thinking that I dont agree with.

Quote:
it is you who came up with that term in reference to the topic. Was it a Freudian slip? Are you just projecting what you want done yourself?
Simply arguing that a Democrat doing this would be strung up by right wing media.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Did you even read the site? People have to apply for those educational programs, they are not part of any university curriculum. Quit seeing things that aren't there.
Bold black is true, bold red is false.

If I attend a school and my major is in the field of business, finance or economics, then I have a choice of about 19 individual majors/programs of studies.

So if I attend say Troy university and I want to major in Economic, well oops, there entire Economics and Finance Program is part of the Charles Koch Program. So while I many have to apply for it as you say, its not some tiny little program that 8 students take. Half the people who want to major in that realm of the subject are in the program.

I could be wrong, but i remember you going to college, do you not remember that when you applied for general admissions you also filled out an application for your specific program ?????

Old 07-02-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
those quotation marks are there for a reason. I dont think it is brainwashing either. I think it is a different way of thinking that I dont agree with.
What part of the following do you not agree with?

Guiding Principles and Five Dimensions - Charles Koch Institute

Old 07-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
What part of the following do you not agree with?

Guiding Principles and Five Dimensions - Charles Koch Institute
Im not sure if you are trolling or if you honestly dont understand this argument.

Do you not understand that there are different schools of economics ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies