Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

I thought this thread was going to be about healthcare.gov.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slithytoves View Post
I happened to be watching CNN at noon when Sens. Reid and McConnell made their comments about the new Senate deal on the floor.

McConnell's comments were pre-empted by a cut to Ted Cruz, who was holding a little press conference just outside the chamber. I have to wonder if Cruz did this on purpose. He knew what time the leaders were speaking. He apparently thinks he's both the Speaker of the House AND the Senate Minority Leader now.

What an utterly disrespectful thing to do to a leader of your own party. When the coverage cut back to McConnell, he had all but finished his remarks, which actually sounded like a more rational, calm-headed version of many of Cruz's own comments. Ridiculous tactic. So totally self-defeating.

The GOP needs to cut these fools loose.
Cruz speaks for the people, he is the new face of the republican party. We want those old fogie cowards like McCain and McConnell retired and let the true patriots who care about the country fight the battle for the people.
If you support obama, you are a communist sympathizer... He is turning our country into a third world country, and doing it on purpose. He succeeds because of support from the ignorant people on the left who believe his lies. He is an evil man and we will all pay the price for electing this thug to the highest office..
You should be proud you helped destroy the country...........

Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I do agree they are a powerful movement. Full of passion, but apparently unable to reason, nor to work constructively with anyone else, even in their own party. A position in congress is essentially administrative. It involves being informed on issues and being able to accomplish something besides fawning for the corporate sponsors. And an embarrassing number of the Tea Party are just abject idiots (Bachmann, Perry, Palin,etc.) who can fan up the base, but cannot string three rational sentences together. Even Ryan, who seems a bit smarter, is just an oily liar that he has no credibility. Joe Biden easily spanked the boy wonder and sent him home.

The far right is so obsessed with hearing ideological purity that they do not hold their people to the minimal standards of common sense. Again, hold your people to a higher standard.
Some of what you say is true.

But are you so blind to the ideological positions that Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein etc. take and refuse to compromise on?

You say Ryan is a liar? Yet Feinstein thinks an assault weapons ban will reduce crime? And Pelosi admitted that she didn't even know what was in the Obamacare legislation? Reid is the biggest backer of earmarks in Congress.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Cruz speaks for the people, he is the new face of the republican party. We want those old fogie cowards like McCain and McConnell retired and let the true patriots who care about the country fight the battle for the people.
If you support obama, you are a communist sympathizer... He is turning our country into a third world country, and doing it on purpose. He succeeds because of support from the ignorant people on the left who believe his lies. He is an evil man and we will all pay the price for electing this thug to the highest office..
You should be proud you helped destroy the country...........
I feel your pain. To believe the Ted Cruz was your last great hope to give you back what all those dang liberals have taken from you...

To make you whole again. To return your country to it's former glory. I feel your pain.

this dang ol world just moves to fast. hard to catch your breath...huh?

Hang in there. wont be long now.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:50 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
When the SHTF, all of the people the dems are making dependent on govt. will be the hardest hit. There will be nothing left for them, they won't know what to do, and they will suffer miserably. Govt. won't be able to support them because no one will buy our debt. At that time you will be wishing you had taken action when you had the chance, but instead took the easy way out and kicked the can further.

This may come sooner than you think and will make the depression look like a picnic.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:53 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times
Quote:
I do agree they are a powerful movement.....
I had a powerful movement once. Had to open all the windows, and it was half a day before the smell went away.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:08 PM

624 posts, read 939,110 times
Quote:
I do agree they are a powerful movement. Full of passion, but apparently unable to reason, nor to work constructively with anyone else, even in their own party. A position in congress is essentially administrative. It involves being informed on issues and being able to accomplish something besides fawning for the corporate sponsors. And an embarrassing number of the Tea Party are just abject idiots (Bachmann, Perry, Palin,etc.) who can fan up the base, but cannot string three rational sentences together. Even Ryan, who seems a bit smarter, is just an oily liar that he has no credibility. Joe Biden easily spanked the boy wonder and sent him home.

The far right is so obsessed with hearing ideological purity that they do not hold their people to the minimal standards of common sense. Again, hold your people to a higher standard.
Agreed.

Any faction on the far edges, on either end of the spectrum, is going to be a mess. That kind of ideological fervor doesn't lend itself to good organization and sound reasoning/logic. And that kind of power...I do acknowledge they have some...burns out quick. That's how I can laugh instead of worry, at least at this point. I don't think this manic episode can last. The TP will do damage, but ultimately mostly to themselves.

Old 10-16-2013, 05:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I had a powerful movement once. Had to open all the windows, and it was half a day before the smell went away.
Sounds like the Tea Party alright.
There's a reason the term "TP" has 2 meanings.

Ken

Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
I love the Tea Party. They are responsible for elected many Democratic Senators.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,966,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
by the way, that large powerful movement convinced 0 red state senate democrats to buck party leadership, saw democrats in the house hold the line every time on important votes.
You forget. The Democrat party consists of nothing but mindless shills for the party. You can't reform that which has no conviction, other than obedience to the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies