Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 04:17 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
That's the point of Obamacare. You are the age group that benefits from it. This is all by design. Get as much young people as possible enrolled to pay for health insurance for the eldery. And if not enough young people sing up than increase the fines.
The point is to rob one group to buy the votes of another.

Thanks for reminding me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
eeeerch...HOLD the phone.

You've been on here lambasting Republicans left and right calling them old....yet you just revealed that you are almost the exact same age that you accuse all Republicans of being.

Omg, this place never ceases to entertain me.
Seriously, this dude even has kid as part of his login name. He must not have qualified for VA, Medicare, Tricare or whatever else he's been ******ing about.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The point is to rob one group to buy the votes of another.

Thanks for reminding me.
You are welcome. Seems like Social Justice is here to stay.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Obamacare was always intended to be a Single-Payer System. The final solution will be medicare for everybody. He told his union buddies that it may take 10 to 15 years to get to a single-payer system. He couldn't do it German style and just impose a 15 % health tax on employees and employers, he wouldn't have survived the first term.
Now the beneficiaries will get used to the sugar and Single-Payer is here to stay for good.

I have to give President Obama credit, he will have a significant place in the history books. He will be the President who transformed America from a Constitutional Republic into a European-Style Social Democracy.
He will be right up there with Woodrow Wilson, FDR and LBJ.

Obamacare is going to be a milestone of American Social Enginnering just like the Federal Income Tax (Wilson), SSI (FDR) and Medicare (LBJ).
So, tell me, does the future matter at all, or is it just your goal to empower an all controlling government to satisfy some kind of mental illness?

Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You mean the far left cheer leader...is crying....I bet he/she so happy they voted for obama....

Hahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well, we were having a fairly decent discussion here (C-D wise), until the peanut gallery showed up!
LOL

Old 10-16-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Ahh, yes, the "social justice" crowd.

Look, it's ok. We realize that there's a few of you out there who never grew up and never learned a single worthy life lesson.

However, ALL of your stupid ideas are just that. And, nothing you believe in is true, right, or moral.

And, not a single one of your ideas works, or has any merit at all.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I forgot to finish this. I dunno, maybe it's old age.

However, once you have empowered government with absolute authority and control over your life and everyone else's, you will find that government is the single most destructive force in the world, and that you, or future generations, will suffer horrors so bad that you've never even dreamed of them.

You want to hand the monster the chains to bind you, thinking it will be your slave.

However, you just turned it into your master,and it is indeed the most cruel and immoral master there is.

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:

Look, it's ok. We realize that there's a few of you out there who never grew up and never learned a single worthy life lesson.

However, ALL of your stupid ideas are just that. And, nothing you believe in is true, right, or moral.

Holey-moley!

God showed up, too!

11,784 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You are right; my 27 year old daughter hates the idea of having to have health insurance. However, she gets insurance through her employer, which I suspect the majority of 27-35 year olds do, also.

I've been with my company for 25 years, but when I first started I could not afford the insurance they offered. I went many years without it. Thankfully, my daughter and I are healthy, but if one of us had a major illness, I would not, today, own my house mortgage-free, or drive a paid for new car, because I would have been paying off major medical bills for years and years.

It's my understanding that ACA is NOT for the average working person, but mostly for people with pre-existing conditions or people like me in earlier years; working, but too poor to afford health insurance. In other words, people who would fall 'between between the cracks'.

It makes me laugh when I read posts from people saying getting health insurance through the ACA is 'way more expensive' (thanks Obama..lol) than what they get at their place of employment. OF COURSE IT IS! It wasn't meant for people who get it through their jobs!
But let's not forget the folks who lost their insurance through their jobs because their hours were cut. Also many companies are now offering insurance to only the employee and not their family - thus leaving more families without coverage.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:29 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,677 times
Quote:
So, tell me, does the future matter at all, or is it just your goal to empower an all controlling government to satisfy some kind of mental illness?
Quote:

Dude, I'm on your side. I'm against Obamacare as much as you are. I'm just laying out the ideological points of the other side. Obamacare will create so much chaos and destruction, that at some point the American People will beg for Single-Payer. This is all by design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies